Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Many links and buttons on the site won't work!

MLPIsTheBest
Go to solution Solved by Dave247,

I just made a account, and I can't quote somebody (It does nothing) and I have to click on "More Post Options" to make a post! Most buttons aren't working and it's VERY hard to use the site.

• Brohoof 1

I just made a account, and I can't quote somebody (It does nothing) and I have to click on "More Post Options" to make a post! Most buttons aren't working and it's VERY hard to use the site.

Hm, I have had this problem in the past, it seemed to fix it's self though.

One thing you can try is to clear your cache, if you don't know how to do it read here.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm.... It's still not working. I'm using Chrome 26 and here's what I did to clear my cache:

Go to Chrome settings

Show advanced settings

Clear browsing data

Only check off "Clear the cache"

Press OK.

• Brohoof 1

What browser/OS are you using?

Note to mods: This will probably be the first question anyone will get asked around site issues. Maybe that needs to be added to the header of this specific forum somehow, or in the 'Read this before posting' post?

• Brohoof 2

Hmm.... It's still not working. I'm using Chrome 26 and here's what I did to clear my cache:

Go to Chrome settings

Show advanced settings

Clear browsing data

Only check off "Clear the cache"

Press OK.

Try clearing the cookies as well just to be safe. Chrome 26 is a browser for mobile right? (iPhone/iPod Touch, smartphones, etc?) 

• Brohoof 2

Try clearing the cookies as well just to be safe. Chrome 26 is a browser for mobile right? (iPhone/iPod Touch, smartphones, etc?) 

I don't believe so, my current version of chrome for Windows is 26.xxxxxxx, I don't believe he is on a mobile device other wise he most likely would have mentioned it :3

Edited by Marco ~ Ace Attorney
  • Brohoof 1

Id say his best bet is to just give it a little time. It should fix itself, as I've encountered this problem before. If it doesn't fix itself, I believe it would be a problem on his end, considering the fact that Im not facing this problem now.

Another thing is if your computer is too slow and you try posting while it's still finishing connecting to the site, you won't be able to post until it's fully connected.

Edited by Dawn♥Rider
  • Brohoof 4

Ok I did abit of research...

Chrome Version 26.0.1410.43 m has actually had a browser speed problem. So perhaps he isn't fully connected to this site when he tries posting.

Direct Quote from another person experiencing Chrome Issue: "After a Chrome update to said version, our internal software systems are now incredibly slow"

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/emkqGVnH6I0

• Brohoof 1

Chrome Version 26.0.1410.43 m has actually had a browser speed problem. So perhaps he isn't fully connected to this site when he tries posting.

Direct Quote from another person experiencing Chrome Issue: "After a Chrome update to said version, our internal software systems are now incredibly slow"

I dunno, 

I have the same exact chrome version and I don't have any issues ATM, it could be he is computer, but it's happened on my PC before. 

• Brohoof 2

I dunno, 

I have the same exact chrome version and I don't have any issues ATM, it could be he is computer, but it's happened on my PC before. 

True.... but slow computer + Slow Web Browser = Increased Difficulty

So Im assuming you have a good Pc in general.

But like I said, it should fix itself...if not, it's probably a browser speed issue.

• Brohoof 1

I'm on Windows 7. Exact version: 26.0.1410.43 m

Just want to add that there was a small stable update for Chrome to 26.0.1410.64 for Windows just earlier today so updating might solve your issue.

The way to get it to update it to click on the Chrome menu button tGHc3b3.png and then on the drop down menu select About Google Chrome, and there it will check for any available versions and inform you if there is one.

Source: http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/stable-channel-update.html

• Brohoof 3

Considering the original poster has not responded in almost a week, I think it's plenty safe to say the problem is solved. Anyone else experiencing the issue should try to above solutions, and otherwise wait for things to start working again.

With that, I'm locking this thread up. ;)

• Brohoof 1