Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Would You Feel About Another Character Joining The Mane 6 *TEMPORARILY*?

GrooveBroove

I really like this idea, but to be honest, I won't like an bigger mane,  time passes and you know the charcters and now a new one joins? sounds troublesome to me. laugh.png

If done right, then it could work. As a critique with the fandom being over dramatic at times and seems to hate major change at points (we've all been skeptical, but it pays off to wait and see sometimes). As long as the new character has a nice balance of positive and negative traits like the rest of the Mane 6. Plus all the more to explore other characters as well. laugh.png

I kinda don't want this to happen, because usually if a new character is introduced in other shows. If people like them a lot, then they will be permanently placed into the show and so that people like them more they might add more quirks that can't be removed and basically screw the whole character. Just my opinion.

Maybe... I also think it would be cool for any of the mane six to hang out with some background characters more often, instead of just each other. Maybe AJ and Carrot Top have something to talk about? Or the salon ponies and Rarity have tea or something?

You don't need to go as far as making them a "replacement".  Why not just focus on them a little more?  There have been a good number of episodes where characters other than the Mane Six and the CMC have gotten a fair amount of exposure.  Cranky Doodle Donkey, Zecora, even Big Mac and Cheerilee have all has episodes where they got more focus.

Omg... This Is a awesome idea. Could you imagine the endless combinations with this idea. I would happily make an episode of that... That's if I knew How to animate -_-

I'd actually be open to it. They did that in Stargate and it turned out really good IMO (with Jonas)

Like, I could see Trixie filling twilight's place and doinga pretty good job. She gets to learn friendship just like twilight did. It's nice to change things up once and a while

It'd be pretty cool to have an episode where the entire mane cast is off travelling somewhere and the backround characters get a day in the limelight.

As for a single character replacing Twilight, that doesn't sound so bad. I remember reading a manga once where the leader left for a while and got replaced, and the replacement ended up as a sixth ranger when she returned.

• Brohoof 1