Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My first pony-inspired song.

tdtuesday1

Here goes, my first attempt. My friend likes Fluttershy (hurr durr Fluttershy is best pony hurr) and he gave me the inspiration to make this. I tried to match her quiet style the best I could, and as far as I'm concerned, I think it's good. Judge it yourself, I love ALL feedback, good or bad. http://musescore.com/user/79909/scores/100212

Brohoof,

tdtuesday1

Edited by tdtuesday1
  • Brohoof 2

It's...okay...but there's to much of the same thing on the guitar. I suggest getting finale printmusic or Finale Notepad 2012. It has so much better midi instruments and it doesn't sound so technical and artificial. Tell ya what, I might remix this little melody using the same style but in Finale printmusic. 

The tempo also needs to come down. I'd say this piece works better around 80bpm. 

Also your dynamics are comepletely off. Fluttershy should be mezzo-piano at the maximum. 

All of this is from a 14 years experienced musician (not to brag or anything). 

Edited by Thunder-Dash

Thanks. I need this. I was screwing around on musescore and thought that something sounded decent, and it evolved into this.

I'll go ahead and remix it for ya. It's the best way to rescue this piece from the technicality of the musescore software. Besides, Finale WILL come out better. 

• Brohoof 1

I tried downloading Finale, but it made me make an account at Makemusic.com, and that needed my Address and phone number...I don't see how that's necessary.

No worries, just put in the information and then you'll be set to downloading it. I'm using Finale Printmusic 2011. You must be getting the free basic Finale Notepad 2012, which is still decent. 

• Brohoof 1

They won't be spamming my mail or phone? I really don't want that, I'm legally only a minor. I don't want my parents getting angry over something like that.

No they won't. Occasionally, they might send you an offer to upgrade to Finale 2012, the master version, which is kinda pricey.