Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Alchemist (not the show)

captinchilli

Ive been trying to leran Alchemist for about a week now from a book i got from amazon and i asked a smart person today do you know what alchemist is and she said its boarder line illega science. But im not sure if its true can you guys tell me if thats true or not

Real alchemy has to do with science. Alchemy like what is in FullMetal Alchemist does not exist in our world. I mean, there was an episode where Al broke a radio, and used alchemy to put it back together. You can put a radio back together in real life, but you have to do it manually, not instantly.

That grammar. The horror! The horror!

Alchemy is a disproven science that paved the way for modern chemistry and medicine. One notable alchemist, Philipus Aureolus Theophrastus Bombastus von Hohenheim laid the foundation for modern medicine, and Isaac Newton, another alchemist all but revolutionized mathematics.

One major facet of alchemy is the concept of transmutation, which is changing the atomic number or number of protons in an element. The reason that turning gold into lead is brought up so much owes to the fact that there is only a three proton difference between the two. Make no mistake, transmutation is physically possible, but it takes a nuclear reaction to achieve it. Elements are transmuted all the time in stars. Hydrogen, for example is transmuted into helium through thermonuclear fusion.

Another hallmark of alchemy is the philosopher's stone. This is a mix of something that people actually sought along with philosophy. Some believed that a stone or liquid existed that could transmute elements. Another belief was that it was a universal solvent, in that it could dissolve anything. So far, the closest thing to a universal solvent is water. Philosophically speaking, the stone represents the eternal quest for knowledge. In this manner an alchemist is not just a scientist but a philosopher who views science philosophically - a sort of spiritual scientist.