Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ways in Which You Have Changed

Hawk Moth

I haven't only changed a lot since I was small, but I've changed quite dramatically in only the last 2 years! Funny enough these forums and some of its members have attributed to that.

But when I was a kid I was quite imaginative... perhaps to a fault. I didn't like to play with others because I'd rather just play pretend by myself other kids either wouldn't want to play or they'd just get in my way of my creative thinking. Though as I got older I noticed that the other kids made fun of me for it. Adults started to get worried too. So I just stopped using my imagination... I find it kinda tragic. The social pressure put on me by not only the kids but teachers, councilors, and even my parents suffocated my sense of imagination. I wish I could access that again. Perhaps I could have made something amazing with it like great stories, movies, video games, etc.

I also used to be a big whiner. I'd cry, whine, complain all the damn time. I used to be a little brat. I guess that's one societal pressure that changed me for the better... though I think it did more harm than good. I feel like I was pressured into a box. A box that I have to keep all my emotions and imagination in. I physically cannot be expressive without a deadly fear of other people judging me for it.

None of this was good news as I became a teenager. I found out that I was attracted to both men and women, but I repressed and denied it for some time because I couldn't bare anyone judging me for it. Especially my family. Sadly I guess you could say that I am still "closeted". That hasn't changed. But I've learned to accept it! I have these forums actually to thank for helping me accept this about myself. And just earlier this year I have a few local friends I "came out to" with great results. I plan to officially come out whenever I feel comfortable... which will probably require me leaving my parents place.

I guess in short, I've changed from an imaginative little kid, to an anxiety riddled teenager, and now to a more self-accepting adult.

I've changed so much in the past few months. I'm pretty much becoming a totally new person, the person I always should've been bit never was for some reason. In the last few months I've lost close to 30 pounds, put on muscle, and am trying to be more social and outgoing, and accepted my bisexuality, and am trying to put myself out there in a romantic sense.

I wasn't happy with who I was, so I changed me. Simple as that.

• Brohoof 1

When i was younger i had a much more creative,active,hyper,crazy,silly,

funny,cute,and entertaining personality.

I am 14 now and a much more boring person.

I don't have any friends,I am pretty much antisocial,addicted to

the internet,and don't play much videogames anymore.

Where did my old fun side go.Idk,but eyupp i have changed.

A really fun way to see how you've changed is if you've taken the Myers-Briggs' personality test. A quick Google search will turn up any number of versions. I like to take it twice a year to see if I've changed, and I've been doing that since 2005. Almost every time, I would unfailingly get a result of INFP, the "Healer," which is a shy, introverted idealist with (in my case) painfully extreme perfectionism. I was as "black and white" as a person could get. Everything in my mind was all-or-nothing, angelic or evil, 100% or 0%. Put simply though, I was miserable. I felt like I didn't belong. I always wanted to be an outgoing, sociable person. I worked toward that goal for a very long time, but never made any progress... until recently, it seems.

I took the test again this week to a very surprising result: ESFP, the "Performer," which is an extroverted, risk-taking artisan with a devil-may-care attitude. I haven't lost my perfectionism, but it's toned down enough to be manageable. I still care about helping people, but it's no longer for broad, idealistic purposes such as "make the world a better place." Now it's just because it makes me feel good, and I enjoy it. :D

I try to enjoy everything now. I no longer care what people think of me, and I proudly display who I am, without reserve. I'm willing to take risks to get what I want. I'm even talking to people who are romantic interests! You have no idea how difficult that was for me just a few months ago. I'm overall much happier. Lots of recent stress has made me a bit irritable, but it really is true when they say  "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."

So yeah, people do change... Though I never would have believed it a couple years ago. :D

When i was younger i had a much more creative,active,hyper,crazy,silly,

funny,cute,and entertaining personality.

I am 14 now and a much more boring person.

I don't have any friends,I am pretty much antisocial,addicted to

the internet,and don't play much videogames anymore.

Where did my old fun side go.Idk,but eyupp i have changed.

iknowthatfeelbro.jpg

(My real friends can be counted with my two hands, the rest are just acquaintances) 

Crazy, can I add you on facebook so we can chat each other?

• 6 months later...

When I was a kid, I did a lot of things differently.

I didn't speak to anyone, all I did was wear black and hide from every pony.. didn't want friends back then, was soo afraid I was only going to get hurt over and over. When I did say something most of the time no one could hear me and I was scared to death to just be myself.. Didn't want to get made fun of and lose my friends at the time..

Now I'm older, I talk to ponies more and more, I wear all kinds of colors, and I don't care if anyone makes fun of me for being myself... its like why hide who you are... or even lie about it

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'm more pessimistic and what most would call mature. I say I care only for myself yet I seem to always be willing to help others out. I've become even more quieter nowadays, only speaking when spoken to. I tend to be rude and more straightforward with my answers nowadays as well. I'm also a masochist and a sadist nowadays. I wear lots of black nowadays and I always look either depressed or angry. I hardly have any energy nowadays as well. I've changed, but I wouldn't say for the better.