Flow

59 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

9\10 A really nice episode with character development for dash. The comedy was good and the plot was interesting(it was nice to see a different side of RD here), I want her to get into other books as well, not only the daring do books. The episode nailed how a person tries to hide their new hobby that they think people will judge them upon(not including the theft part).

• 1 month later...

This is a really good episode. The comedy is spot on (especially with those great facial expressions while Rainbow is sneaking into the hospital) and the Daring Do segments are a ton of fun. I really like the film grain put over all of those scenes.

The only issue is with the moral. It's way too on the nose. But that's a very minor point in the long run.

Score: 8/10

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Rainbow Dash discovering her love for reading?! I'm on board :ph3ar:

I love how she discovers a full new side to her character and also how the show doesn't forget it and even build on it in later seasons.

At the end this episode may get a little over the top, due to RD's inability to buy books. It's pretty easy to understand why she didn't ask Twilight. But this is of cause a show which trys to teach a lesson/morale and I don't take it to serious at his part and it fits in RD's character. So I can live with it and enjoy this episode.

In my opinion a really good episode, which introduces a charater which will reappear multiple times.

• 2 months later...

I love this episode. It was one of the good ones that finally made me like FIM. Felt very relatable.

But going back to it, Rainbow Dash is somehow looking different than in later seasons. A little bit too cartoony?

• 1 year later...

The episode was smart, showing how reading can cover any genre and be enjoyed by anyone who gives it a chance or many.

The episode was sweet and encouraging, and it was especially funny after "Daring Don't" aired.

On 2021-06-11 at 5:03 PM, Splashee said:

But going back to it, Rainbow Dash is somehow looking different than in later seasons. A little bit too cartoony?

The earlier seasons were visibly more "cartoony" but a lot of the episode was in Rainbow Dash's imagination so she was probably acting it out unconsciously.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

And in this episode, Rainbow Dash officially becomes an egghead. :p

In all seriousness, I do like that this episode introduces RD's new found love of reading. It gives her more depth, plus it's something that the show remembers and continues to expand on.

Daring Do's adventure itself was exciting, so I really enjoyed watching that alone. RD desperately trying to hide her new hobby at the hospital was also pretty enjoyable and made for a good intermission. Yes, the chase sequence at the end is over the top, but I felt like that was the point. Dash was so afraid of being judged about her hobby, she went through extreme lengths just to keep it a secret.

I loved this one. It's fun and a lot deeper than you'd expect it to be. Awesome episode. :)

• 1 month later...

This one was always a good one. Always amusing and glorious. It was very well done and had the perfect amount of humor and relatability - the barking nurse was the best part, I have to say. Her secret keeping is something I relate to, for sure. 

• 1 month later...

Rainbow Dash is such a jock ! IT'S FINE TO LIKE READING BOOKS DASHIES ! It doesn't make you an egghead, it doesn't make you uncool. It actually makes you a lot cooler (no I won't do the joke), because books are cool. They let you live amazing adventure and experience things you might not be able to otherwise. So pick up a book once in a while people, it's fun.

Now, the antics with our little Rainbow trying to get the book back isn'T great, but it's entertaining enough. The hospital having Canterlot level security is actually stunning, but I guess Ponyville doesn't spare any coins to make sure their patients are safe.

The Daring-Do story is cool enough, I like Indiana Jones so I can't complain. And I just learn that her name in French is "Casse-Cou" which means "Break-Neck" like breakneck speed. I don't know how I feel about it...

Overall, good enough episode for me. 7/10