Flow

59 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

if you look a bit deeper into our automotive history you'd see it was quite a hard sell for a very long time before powered vehicles overtook horses as a mainstream method of transport because it was a long hard road to developing a powered wagon that could compete with a horse drawn carriage for speed, reliability, and cost of purchase/maintenance. at the end of the 19th century, and into the early second decade of the 20th, gasoline, electric and steam power plants were also still in direct competition for a dominant share of the market (electric was actually going over brilliantly with the people, however oil companies put their backing behind gas, diff topic). one of the key victories that lead to the widespread adoption of mechanically powered transport was the eventual breaking of the "mile a minute" barrier, which took many years and even cost several lives to achieve, and yes that is 60 mph as the big "achievement get!" that really got people to take motorcars seriously. anything that smokes like a dragon, makes a godawful racket and the development of which can cost lives or at least serious damage to property and people/ponies is not going to get a very warm welcome in a world where pegusi can readily deliver messages and small parcels at high speed, and where magic can readily be used by a fair portion of the population for heavy lifting. one of the most widely used early cars was ford's model T which dominated the market from '08 to '27 with 15 million units made in that time, top speed 40-45 mph (if in good repair and properly tuned, typical top speed more accurately around 35) and running along at 15-25 mpg. the model T was reputed for breaking arms when it would backfire on startup (hand crank) and this was commonplace, as were increased reports of severe back pain (suspension was a fairly new thing to such speeds of travel) and a newfound type of common injury, road rash (seatbelts weren't used in cars until the late '40s) along with other hazards that were found to be results of so many people being able to readily motor about at such speeds. add in the smoke and hazardous byproducts of the machine to these more direct health concerns and the idea of an equine society adopting it's use loses a lot of steam.

like i said i'll just need to rewatch a lot of the episodes and really look for tech, i could be remembering things wrong, but one thing that just came to mind, granny smith used an amplified loudspeaker at the sisterhooves social... we need a new thread for the discussion of tech.

EDIT: sorry, didn't realize until i posted, but i have written shorter essays for school... sorry about that lol

Edited by hwrogers

Did anyone else notice that Ahuzoti and the jungle cates and little kitten,mirrored the doctor and the group of nurses and filly nurse? The doctor and Ahuzoti had the same voice too.

I wasn't happy that RD was ejected before she was fully healed,then I understood that the bed was probably needed for a pony in a worse condition the Rainbow;s. "She's stealing my slippers"

the mad dog pony was funny,who knew the hospital had a mental ward? "Hey,get back to the Hospital!" *chases*

I think I laughed more than I was supposed too with the mad pony scene. It's just that during the whole chase I was like: where the hell does that barking come from? and In the end it was all properly explained

I thought this episode was great. It had plenty of comedic moments, especially with RD trying to avoid her friends and hide her book. The Daring Do parts really sucked me in the same way it did Rainbow Dash. I gotta say, I was impressed. And Rainbow stealing the book was priceless. I was a little disappointed in the lack of a letter, and the way Daring escaped was way too silly, but hey, what should I expect? It was still enjoyable.

And Daring Do's voice was just wonderful. Anypony know who voiced her?

Edited by Sugar Cube

Am I the only one who noticed that we finally saw a glimpse of the inside of Rainbow's house? :D

rdhouse.JPG

I wonder what picture she has framed beside her bed?

Am I the only one who noticed that we finally saw a glimpse of the inside of Rainbow's house? :D

Nope, but you are the first in the thread to give us a screenshot, so far as I'm aware.

What's really interesting about the inside of her house is that it's rather unlike the way it keeps getting depicted in fanfiction. Everyone in fanfiction talks about every last surface being made of clouds or something that would float on clouds, whereas here we have normal floors, a stone column, and other architecture that makes it resemble a home on the ground, with the cloud influence only being subtle nods and indicators, rather than full blown taking over.

Which really makes a lot of sense, because if everything were made of clouds, Dashie would be constantly sopping wet, her mane soaked and her fur covered in moisture. It wouldn't be all that comfortable, to say the least.

Thought this was a solid episode, although I wish there was more of a backstory on how RD got in the hospital, instead of just a simple crash. The introduction of Daring-Do was a cool unexpected twist, even though the story concept was basically Indiana Jones, and liked the foreshadowing hints Twilight gave us by comparing the novel to rainbows personality. Also thought the antics surrounding stealing the book added some fun to the episode. Overall another well done ep by the folks at DHX :P
  • Brohoof 1

... I wish there was more of a backstory on how RD got in the hospital, instead of just a simple crash. ...

gotta ask what more backstory do you want? they can't show the crash as this is a kid's show, but we know she was practicing her tricks, got sloppy, crashed, and the others got her to the hospital, just curious what else you'd want to know man?

True true with the kids show and all. Just saw all the different ideas as to possible scenarios in the speculation thread, and thought in the episode it’d be less predictable. Since we've seen her go through walls, crash in Twi's place numerous times, and run into a bunch of random obstructions in S1E9 yet be just fine, I thought DHX might do something else. I’m probably over analyzing, which I try not to do, but I wasn’t looking for more when it came to the injury, just thought there’d be more plot development before the crash or more time before they got to the hospital, rather than jumping to the scene in a matter of 40 seconds.

recon i can understand that on the matter of time, however the episode was to be about her finding joy in reading, not her being injured or how. as she has shown in the past a tendency towards dangerous acts that is taken as a given. seriously though, how bad was that landing to put RD in the hospital? i do get where you're coming from lol

Thought this was a solid episode, although I wish there was more of a backstory on how RD got in the hospital, instead of just a simple crash.

It definitely wasn't lupus. Never is.

• Brohoof 2

It definitely wasn't lupus. Never is.

I died laughing! Nice House ref.

In regards to the tech and stuff..It definietly mirrored a modern hospital but some in the screenshot did look odd...Honestly I didn't expect Dashie to get tossed outta the hospital that quickly either, especially as in the first clip when she's looking herself over I swear I saw both her wings bandaged.

During the ninja scene it was adorable when she grinned and that squeak played in the background...But did RD really think she'd be able to finish without getting caught when she was reading out loud!?

And... I've never, ever been an Indiana Jones fan but after this episode? I kind of want to watch the movies...

You should watch them, all except the last one.

Oh no D:

that and the star wars prequils are why lucas has no more respect among anyone i know. if he had left those 4 movies (and the cartoons, all of them) unmade he'd still be worthy of respect.