Flow

59 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

It reminded me of the Spongebob episode where Squidward denies he likes krabby patties.

Posted Image

You like books, don't you, Rainbow Dash?

That was one of my thoughts too! But I also thought that this episode was really an episode about where a guy is introduced to MLP: FIM, and at first he thinks it's stupid and for "eggheads", but then once he watches the show, he is blown away by its sheer awesomeness. Later on, he confesses to absolutely LOVING the show. I wonder if the developers caught on with these "stages of becoming a brony".

• Brohoof 3

That was one of my thoughts too! But I also thought that this episode was really an episode about where a guy is introduced to MLP: FIM, and at first he thinks it's stupid and for "eggheads", but then once he watches the show, he is blown away by its sheer awesomeness. Later on, he confesses to absolutely LOVING the show. I wonder if the developers caught on with these "stages of becoming a brony".

You may be on to something. :blink:
  • Brohoof 1

That part where Rainbow Dash said something like "I really actually like this, but I can't let my friends know!" actually really made me think of that as well.

• Brohoof 2

This episode was all about bronies. Seriously, the first time reaction, the love for that book, the telling of friends, etc... all adds up. Plus the scenes were appropriate, too.

that was a pretty damned good episode, and totally a reference to the bronifiation process.

also i'm pretty sure the barking pony with the screw for a cutiemark was a blatant jab at the people crying ableist. i really enjoy when people making a show like this are willing to stand up and say "grow a backbone" it gives me hope for some tiny portion of humanity.

• Brohoof 1

Every time they release an episode, and I'm like "This is the highlight of Season 2", another awesome episode comes out.

In other words, I really liked the episode.

With some of the other episodes, the episode will have the occasional highlight. While the rest of the episode will be good, the highlights are, well, the highlights.

In this episode's case, the entire episode was the highlight. I can't think of a single moment that the episode "slowed down". Every single moment was memorable for one reason or the other, and for that, I declare the episode awesome.

The funniest moment IMO was probably the barking mental patient. I totally didn't expect that.

• Brohoof 2

I like what they did with the story about Daring Doo. (Watch it be a spin off series. XD)

People would think its like Indiana Jones, but they mixed it up a bit. Like instead of a boulder rolling, its a lava pit, and etc.

It was a pretty good episode in my opinion. Twilight would be proud of Rainbow.

• Brohoof 1

okay! So I got Twilight has all the books, and when the camera pans across the shelf at the end, she picks up what was previously stated as the first in the series. Why wasn't it at the beginning of the collection?!

Other than that slight continuity error. WOO!!!!! RAINBOW DASH! RAINBOW DASH!

That was a sweet episode :) I smell a ton of new fanfics coming our way!!

okay! So I got Twilight has all the books, and when the camera pans across the shelf at the end, she picks up what was previously stated as the first in the series. Why wasn't it at the beginning of the collection?!

Maybe those other books at the start of the shelf were unrelated to the adventures of Daring Doo.

Every time they release an episode, and I'm like "This is the highlight of Season 2", another awesome episode comes out.

In other words, I really liked the episode.

With some of the other episodes, the episode will have the occasional highlight. While the rest of the episode will be good, the highlights are, well, the highlights.

In this episode's case, the entire episode was the highlight. I can't think of a single moment that the episode "slowed down". Every single moment was memorable for one reason or the other, and for that, I declare the episode awesome.

The funniest moment IMO was probably the barking mental patient. I totally didn't expect that.

The entire episode's a shoutout to bronies and future bronies. Lol. It's amazing how the developers can catch up with these stages of broni-ness.

this might of have been mentioned already, but if you notice, daring do is a pallet swap of rainbow dash

:blink:

Mind blown.

I'll have to watch it again.

That part where Rainbow Dash said something like "I really actually like this, but I can't let my friends know!" actually really made me think of that as well.

Exactly! At first I was suspecting it was kinda like the bronification process, but that quote really nailed it in for me - this episode was about two things, to two different audiences (Which was really quiet ingenious, Hasbro!)

1 - Younger viewers: Reading

2 - Other viewers (Bronies and pegasisters): Bronification

They managed to excellently cover both at once.

Not to mention, I've been low on love for Rainbow Dash since earlier episodes where she's been less than nice, but IMO, this really brought her back to her old self again in my eyes.

RD: "I hate to admit it to myself, and would really hate to admit it to my friends but... I love this story! ...

I'm an EGGHEAD"

EDIT:

Heck, If you think about it, the episode even seems to reference illegally pirating episodes off the internet when RD steals the book from the hospital, so she doesn't have to publicly acknowledge she likes it.

And you know what? It's not that my view on RD has changed - it's that She's changed, too. Before, I liked her a lot less when I realized she'd be the type of person that would laugh at a brony. But now she IS one! :D lol (Well, Pegasister, I guess. And she's actually a Pegasus, lol.)

Welcome to the Herd, Rainbow Dash!

Edited by EASA - Dr. Braun
  • Brohoof 3