Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I Hate the Fanon of Derpy Being Dinky's Mother

100 beasts kaidou

now I am most likely to get excuted for not worshiping Derpy like half of the fandom. but this need to be said. I hate this assumation of Dinky being derpys daughter, wanna know why? Because in the show amethyst star is confirmed to be dinkys sister however derpy fans just made up excuses such as Derpy adopted amethyst even though they should be around the same age. also I see This as just an excuse to make derpy have more role in the show even though she is just a comic relief easter egg. geesh derpy fans sometimes Make her the queeb of everything just for the fact that she has A proplem with her eyes which alot of people in real life have.

• Brohoof 11

I agree with you, and all the fuss about Derpy.

I don't see the big deal about Derpy, could someone explain it to me?

She's a mail deliverer with 'derpy' eyes.... What's so special of it? I don't understand it.

Edited by Holiday
  • Brohoof 4

its fanon, it doesnt have to make sense. the fanon believes Rainbow is a lesbian, but do you see her looking up other mares in the show? i think not

not when some people think its canon. heck some brony in Derpibooru told me if the staff confirmed dinky and derpy not being related he will rage quit the fandom. 

not when some people think its canon. heck some brony in Derpibooru told me if the staff confirmed dinky and derpy not being related he will rage quit the fandom. 

ok, now we're making more sense. yes, things made in fanon should stay in fanon and not be canon, as for the bloke leaving the fandom, he put far too much of his time on two ponies to worry about everything else that goes on in the show

• Brohoof 3

Erm It's fanon, if you don't like it stick with the canon. And if people have a problem with it not being canon that's their problem.

Edited by PonyEcho
  • Brohoof 2

The thing is they did in S2 when dinky is seen with a different family in 1-2 episodes in the season.

The fact that in S2 Derpy made so many appearances is awesome enough for me from the show.

• Brohoof 2

Because in the show amethyst star is confirmed to be dinkys sister

You're countering fanon with a more obscure fanon, thereby killing your argument. Dinky and Amethyst Star are nothing more than placeholder characters to fill in negative space the background. Like what Happy Plant said, Dinky has been seen with other families in season two; having them team up in Sisterhooves Special doesn't equate to them being sisters, whether it's blood or surrogate.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

'Dinky being Derpys' mother' Whoops Kaido, I thing you goofed up slightly.

Anywho, I think that the reason that they think like Derpy is Dinkys' mother is the similarities of the body colour and mane colour, as they're practically identical.

Relax, it's just the fanon. Everybody has different headcanon, I see nothing wrong with that. 

You can choose to believe whatever you want when it comes to fan speculation.

• Brohoof 2

Agreed completely. Same thing with me and most of the Twiliot and Trixie fandom, and how Twiliot just loathes Trixie for no apparent reason. It's made me absolutely hate Twiliot.

I don't care about either pony, honestly, but agree completely.

EDIT: Saying it's just fanon is no excuse. Many people mix fanon and canon, as mentioned early. One has every right to hate a fanom.

Edited by Firebolt
  • Brohoof 1

Agreed completely. Same thing with me and most of the Twiliot and Trixie fandom, and how Twiliot just loathes Trixie for no apparent reason. It's made me absolutely hate Twiliot.

I don't care about either pony, honestly, but agree completely.

EDIT: Saying it's just fanon is no excuse. Many people mix fanon and canon, as mentioned early. One has every right to hate a fanom.

Fanon is still just fanon. You can hate it all you want, but you cant change someone elses headcannon. 

Sure you have every right to hate fanons, but they aren't established cannon. You can ignore them, simple as that. 

Fans are going to believe what they want to believe until proven otherwise by the established cannon.

• Brohoof 1

Fanon is still just fanon. You can hate it all you want, but you cant change someone elses headcannon. 

Sure you have every right to hate fanons, but they aren't established cannon. You can ignore them, simple as that. 

Fans are going to believe what they want to believe until proven otherwise by the established cannon.

Yes. I can completely ignore something that is very common and easy to find everywhere ever (EQD, many of the artists I watch, Tumblr, etc.) easily. I shall try to do this soon. :)

Yes. I can completely ignore something that is very common and easy to find everywhere ever (EQD, many of the artists I watch, Tumblr, etc.) easily. I shall try to do this soon. smile.png

You don't need to take certain fan ideas seriously just because a lot of artists or EQD like the idea you hate. 

There are fan ideas I don't like either, but I just ignore them. When I see them prop up somewhere, I just tell myself that it's part of their headcannon and move on. Simple.

Edited by ~Lawful Jordo~

Dude, why are you freaking out about this?  I mean, yeah, I know it's not canon, but most Derpy fans I know don't treat it like canon anyway.  It's just a big part of the fanon is all.  Does it make much sense?  Aside from those two looking somewhat similar, not really.  But neither do 99% of the ships out there in the fanon, but you don't hear me raging against them.  No reason to get worked up over something not worth getting upset over. smile.png

• Brohoof 2

Hmm, interestingly, this is one of the few fan pairings (other than Vinyl/Tavia) that I actually like. For some reason, I just like the idea of Derpy being a mom, it just feels...right to me. And I think she's a good mom, too. Everything she does she does for her precious little muffin. :)

It's fanon, so you can pick and choose what you like, no need to hate, just don't have it in your fanon universe. ;) I know people also pair Derpy and Carrot Top, as well as claim that Derpy has another daughter whose a full grown mare whose name escapes me. That I'm not as much a fan of. I like the idea of Derpy being a young single mother with just Dinky.

Topic title edited :).

As for the fanon concept, there are many others that make infinitely less sense, so I'm not going to get bent out of shape over this one. I actually kind of like it, as it adds some dimensions to the character and some writers have used the relationship fairly well.

now I am most likely to get excuted for not worshiping Derpy like half of the fandom. but this need to be said. I hate this assumation of Dinky being derpys daughter, wanna know why? Because in the show amethyst star is confirmed to be dinkys sister however derpy fans just made up excuses such as Derpy adopted amethyst even though they should be around the same age. also I see This as just an excuse to make derpy have more role in the show even though she is just a comic relief easter egg. geesh derpy fans sometimes Make her the queeb of everything just for the fact that she has A proplem with her eyes which alot of people in real life have.

I agree with every single sentence that you said.

I am not either a big fan of Derpy since she's just a normal background pony.

Fanon is fun! laugh.png

I see as a fun way to develops one's creativity. No matter how lewd, insane or absurd.

Go ahead ship random ponies, create more pony-bots, call scoots a chicke- no never mind don't do that. dry.png Please stop calling Scootaloo a chicken.

Derpy is so 'mainstream.' For absolutely no reason that I can see of, she has a massive fan base, - why?

She's a mail deliverer with derpy eyes... what's so special about that? So if we give Berry Punch, for example, derpy eyes and make her a mail deliverer, she'll instantly have a big fan base? 

I don't understand.

Can someone please clarify this for me? 

~Luna

• Brohoof 1

Yes some people mix fannon and cannon all the time but my question is why should any of us really care? So you don't like Dinky being Derpy's daughter, fair enough but it dosen't affect the show and as for the people that actually would rage quit if it never became cannon well I hope they don't let the door hit them on the way out. I like the idea myself because I find it completely adorable but if it not your cup of tea than you have as much right to ignore it as others do to indulge in it.

• 5 weeks later...

I think Dinky is adopted and Sparkler is little sister whose later considered a daughter (her and Derpy's mother died after giving a birth to Sparkler). I SERIOUSLY doubt Derpy is old enough to have sex. And EVEN more doubt about her being 25+. It just doesn't make any sense.

Sparkler:

Even though she looks like a full-grown mare, she is only 8 years old. The mother of her and Derpy died after giving a birth to her. The father then became egocentric, nervous and very insane after wife's death. He gotten away from the family, and Derpy had to raise Sparkler with her best friend - Dr.Whooves.

Dinky:

She is 5-6 years old, and she was adopted when she was 11 months and 4 days old. Derpy was strolling after work and saw some uncaring mother leaving a baby unicorn filly. Derpy adopted the filly with all her kind heart. Then, Dr. Whooves called a filly Dinky and they began to raise her.

That's my belief on this "family" fanon.

I don't think there's too much of a reason to be quite so upset. You should keep in mind that half of us bronies are crazy lunatics who love to goof off :D We're quite the silly bunch of people. Our fanon or head canons probably won't be logical. :)

• Brohoof 1