Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I Hate the Fanon of Derpy Being Dinky's Mother

100 beasts kaidou

i agree!!!!!I hate when say :BG are better than the mane 6 !!!! or : all mane 6 are lesbian .,scootaloo is a kitchen ., celestia banish all to the moon.,twilight is a mary sue ecc.... I HATE IT!!!!!

I like the fanon of Derpy being Dinky's mother, and I like the idea of Amethyst being Derpy's daughter as well.
The mane six are shown to be teenagers, but they also look like fully grown mares. So, what's to say that Amethyst and Derpy are the same age?

Anyway, doesn't matter. I don't like Derpy as much as most of the fandom either.

i agree!!!!!I hate when say :BG are better than the mane 6 !!!! or : all mane 6 are lesbian .,scootaloo is a kitchen ., celestia banish all to the moon.,twilight is a mary sue ecc.... I HATE IT!!!!!

I've never seen the fanon of Scootaloo being a kitchen. Must have missed that one.

• Brohoof 1

Who is Dinky? :blink: Oh...you mean Ditzy Doo? The little filly? Well, I see Ditzy and Derpy to be possible sisters. Little more than that. That is my interpretation. Not canon and definitely not cannon like Pinkie's Party Cannon. :lol:

having them team up in Sisterhooves Special doesn't equate to them being sisters

Yes, Ditzy and Amethyst are not likely to be sisters since the episode also had all the competitors also watch themselves compete from the sidelines, proving that there was no logic or effort given to the making of the episode whatsoever.

I agree with you, it didn't make sense from the start.

In fact, I actually hate most fanons! I especially hate the whole Doctor Hooves & Derpy craze. I do not see how their association makes sense in ANY way; Doctor Hooves with Roseluck sort of makes sense, but not with Derpy.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I hate this fanon too. She seems too young to be a mother. In my opinion she has the same age as the mane 6.

Edited by Blobulle

I certainly don't mind it, but it all depends on what version of the fannon you believe in. Personally i like the Winningverse version of Derpy where she comes from a well to do affluent family, becomes pregnant, is disowned by her family, and yet chooses to raise her child single handedly and adopt Dinky's sister Sparkler. Having her not be an idiot (still clumsy mind you) but a loving and supportive mother and friend is how i choose to view the character.

Other people may tie their whole perception of Derpy into Dr. Whooves shipping fannon. I haven't explored that but other people may love that.

But to hate a part of the fannon because it doesn't match your personal head cannon? GTFOver yourselves tbh. Lifes too short to get hung up on fiction character relationships that you can simply ignore. It's so self centered and self-entitled to think your own opinions as a viewer are more important  then those who take the time to create fannon in the first place. :okiedokielokie:

I dunno THIS is how imagine Derpy to be in MY headcannon:

Unloveable (Derpy's Song)

I know I'm unloveable
You don't have to tell me
I don't have much in my life
But take it - it's yours
But take it - it's yours

I know I'm unloveable
You don't have to tell me
Message received
Loud and clear
Loud and clear

I am grey on the outside
Because grey is how I feel on the inside
I am grey on the outside
Because grey is how I feel on the inside

And if I seem a little strange
Well, that's because I am
And If I seem a little strange
Well That's because I am
But I know that you would like me
If only you could see me
If only you would could meet me

But take it - it's yours
But take it - it's yours

tumblr_n83q3nidfb1sesbamo4_1280.png

Ponfied cover of The Smiths for the Maressey project.

I typically only accept speculations that I find make sense in my own head. So honestly if I don't like a fanon due to it not making any sense to me, then I simply don't accept it. 

I don't find it that hard personally. I do enjoy discussing different aspects about the show and speculating on things that may not be totally officially stated, but it is still fun i think to speculate on certain things.

I suppose some people do take their fanon as being cannon and try and shove it down others minds, and those people can be annoying. But personally I don't accept any fanon just because people believe it, it's really just whether I find it fits with my personal interpretation of the show.

I personally enjoy hearing others interpretations on the show, however again I can agree that some non cannon aspects of the show can be displayed as being a bit to cannon which can be irritating to some I suppose. Although it doesn't bother me personally even if I can see why it may bother some.

There isn't a ton you can do about the whole thing though besides ignoring it and not accepting it as part of your fanon (or head cannon if you prefer the term)

Everyone interprets aspects of the show different, as they do everything, and personally I enjoy discussing those areas that aren't always fully explained, but that's just me, and this is all my opinion of course, so feel free to disagree.

And Superman didn't really land in the USSR and become a controlling Communist responsible for most if the world submitting to his rule.

But it was a damn good story.

That is what most of the fannon and head cannon interpretations are. Either great what-if ideas that become catalysts for interesting stories.

And FYI, the Sisterhooves Social did not have a "must be related" requirement since SB was allowed to compete with AJ. That's confirmed. so there is yet no evidence to dispute Dinky / Derpy in the show.

Eh, I'm not a big fan of it either, but it's really not important. It's head-canon or fanon; pure and simple.

It's like not liking how people view the changelings as a hive mind as opposed to a fascist state, or how I like to view Sombra rising through the ranks, eventually becoming Grogar's chief lieutenant (ala Morgoth and Sauron).

It is what it is!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

its fanon, it doesnt have to make sense. the fanon believes Rainbow is a lesbian, but do you see her looking up other mares in the show? i think not

This. I don't obsess over Derpy like some bronies do, but I rather like the fan interpretation that Derpy is Dinky's mother. I find it adorable and cute.

At least it's not officially canon. That'd suck a lot.

Derpy is so 'mainstream.' For absolutely no reason that I can see of, she has a massive fan base, - why?

She's a mail deliverer with derpy eyes... what's so special about that? So if we give Berry Punch, for example, derpy eyes and make her a mail deliverer, she'll instantly have a big fan base?

I don't understand.

Can someone please clarify this for me?

~Luna

Well, at first people found a derpy pony with derp eyes either really adorable or really funny. Then the whole "Derpy loves muffins" thing came along, and everything escalated from there. Then Derpy said her first line. People went bat-shit crazy! I love Derpy, but the fandom does tend to over-exaggerate the character.

(edited)

I don't like it either, never have since seeing things like this in the show really baffled me that people would still hold onto this fanon:

Written_Script_and_Golden_Harvest_with_f

Eh, whatevs though. Doesn't bother me too much anymore. :derp:

Dinky's mom is NOT Derpy no matter how much people wanna believe tho post-592-0-36254200-1405896644.png

Edited by Radiance64