Which animated show is better?  

44 users have voted

1. 1. Which show is better?

• The Simpsons
    • American Dad
    • Family Guy
    • Futurama

Hello and bro hoof to all /)

Which show do you think is better? Family Guy, The Simpsons,Futurama, or American Dad? I for one, am still a huge Simpsons fan (yes, even the current seasons), and I find American Dad so much funnier than Family Guy. Futurama is golden, Zoidberg is a boss. I still like Family Guy, but it seems to keep recycling it's bits (how many times can you fight the chicken Peter?).

So, which one is your favorite and least favorite? Mines:

1. The Simpsons

2. American Dad

3.Futurama

4. American Dad

Tell me in the comments below!

/)

Edited by Sir.Derpington Hooves
  • Brohoof 2

What if I told you that all three of those shows aren't even that good at all, seriously Family Guy sucks in my opinion, while The Simpson's and American Dad are both half decent.

• Brohoof 2

Overall The Simpsons is the best, however if we are going by the more episodes I would say that American Dad would be the best out of the three of course they are all good though.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite is:

Family Guy for Brian (when he's not in total douche mode).

The Simpsons for everything roughly before 2002 (and the film).

American Dad for Roger as Jeanie Gold, Wedding Planner. When he loses his fake boob and calls himself a "survivor", I lose my composure.

• Brohoof 1

The Simpsons during their early years communicated with its audience wonderfully. They had so much comedic genius and genuine messaging in their content that it worked well enough to inspire an entire generation of animators and fans. It was (huge emphasis on was) one of the greatest shows of all time, and stands to this day as something you should model your silly cartoons after.

Family guy and american dad probably think they do this, but they don't. The messages in both these shows are terribly blatant, cliche' and not even that important half the time. I'm not even close to being tempted into giving two shits about any of their characters. The early years of family guy was funny, and that's just fine because as far as I know, that's all they were trying to be. It's just terrible now, and american dad was always terrible.

Of course, I love all three, but Simpsons is hands down the best of the bunch IMO.

Edited by Tex
  • Brohoof 1

Honestly, American Dad is the only one I find enjoyable.

Family Guy, like most shows from the 90's, has kinda lost its touch.

And I never really watched The Simpsons.

Yes, I did just say that.

WHERE IS FUTURAMA.

I WANT FUTURAMA ON THAT LIST.

Granted, The Simpsons was created by the same guy that created Futurama (Matt Groening), and they both have similar art and humor styles.

American Dad and Family Guy are... alright. Haven't seen them enough to judge them fully. I know for a fact, however, that Family Guy has been going sort of downhill for a while now. It's almost "popular" to hate on Family Guy nowadays.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

WHERE IS FUTURAMA.

I WANT FUTURAMA ON THAT LIST.

Granted, The Simpsons was created by the same guy that created Futurama (Matt Groening), and they both have similar art and humor styles.

American Dad and Family Guy are... alright. Haven't seen them enough to judge them fully. I know for a fact, however, that Family Guy has been going sort of downhill for a while now. It's almost "popular" to hate on Family Guy nowadays.

SWEET CELESTIA! HOW COULD I FORGET FUTURAMA! LITERALLY ONE OF THE BEST TV SHOWS EVER! I'LL GET RIGHT ON THAT. HOW COULD I FORGET!

/)

Edited by Sir.Derpington Hooves
  • Brohoof 1

In that case Futurama is right under the Simpsons.

It both outclasses and straight out puts Relative-Man and Stereotype-Dude to utter shame.

• Brohoof 1

The Simpsons used to be great, but they ran out of ideas in the past few seasons, though I still love the older episodes. I kinda feel the Futurama has replaced the Simpsons. As for American Dad and Family Guy, American Dad wins because family Guy is just boring to me.

• Brohoof 2

Now that Futurama is being included it is better than American Dad but not as good as The Simpsons was back in the day, Futurama has a nice spin on the whole frozen and then waking up in the future motif. I also like a lot of the references to the late 19th and early 20th centuries it makes the show feel like though it is different that there are some certain things that are a bit timeless. 

• Brohoof 1

1.) Futurama

2.) The Simpsons

3.) Family Guy

4.) American Dad

Futurama seems to be the more modern cartoon, because they have fresh jokes and scenarios in them. Unlike Family Guy and The Simpsons; Family Guy is pathetic, every episode has no backstory, and they re-use their stories constantly. It seems every five minutes a random scenario/clip appears with who knows what?

As for The Simpsons, I believe they're dying. Lately their episodes have been of poor quality and they're running out of jokes and scenarios. They are not who they were in the 90's.

As for American Dad, never seen an episode of it, so I cannot fully judge that cartoon.

~Colgate

EDIT: I voted for Futurama, but somehow it says I voted for Family Guy, please disregard my vote on Family Guy. :P

Edited by Colgate♥
  • Brohoof 1

1. American Dad

2. Futurama

3. The Simpsons

4. Family Guy

Family Guy used to be one of the funniest things ever to me, but the show has declined greatly and I can hardly stand to watch any of the newer episodes...everything has become so unpleasant and needlessly mean-spirited about the show that it's almost painful to watch. To parrot everypony else's opinion on the Simpsons, they aren't as funny as they used to be either, but I still get a good laugh every now and then. Futurama and American Dad are two of my favorite shows, I honestly had trouble choosing which should go above the other. Many seem to think AD is just an FG clone, like The Cleveland Show, but AD manages to be hilarious without resorting to segue gags every 5 seconds.

• Brohoof 1

1. American Dad

2. Futurama

3. The Simpsons

4. Family Guy

Family Guy used to be one of the funniest things ever to me, but the show has declined greatly and I can hardly stand to watch any of the newer episodes...everything has become so unpleasant and needlessly mean-spirited about the show that it's almost painful to watch. To parrot everypony else's opinion on the Simpsons, they aren't as funny as they used to be either, but I still get a good laugh every now and then. Futurama and American Dad are two of my favorite shows, I honestly had trouble choosing which should go above the other. Many seem to think AD is just an FG clone, like The Cleveland Show, but AD manages to be hilarious without resorting to segue gags every 5 seconds.

I wouldn't even give the Cleveland show the compliment of being in the same sentence as American Dad and Family. That show has to be the unfunniest animated show. Sure, I got one or two chuckles, but that was out of five episodes! American Dad is not really a clone to me, more of like a more well rounded version of what Family Guy used to be. That Roger, he is one funny guy!

Also, I have a Bender head with all the Futurama episodes from it's first cancellation. I love that show!

/)

• Brohoof 1

As they are all adult-focused cartoons, I suppose comparison between the four is fair, but they are all fairly different. They all have their pros and cons though.

Family Guy didn't have a too bad first few seasons, but it's grown staler than week-old popcorn, the constant referential humor and multiple 'Jumping the Shark' moments(Conway Twitty, the horrible murder mystery episode, and many other moments of overly long gags and shoving opinions down the audiences' throats) have just completely turned me off of the show.

The Simpsons suffers from many of the same problems as Family Guy lately, but it has lines and characters that have become classic in today's pop culture, and a good history of quality episodes I suppose. It isn't my personal favorite anything by any means though.

American Dad! is more focused than Family Guy if not much funnier, and really shows what Seth MacFarlene can do imo. It does get overly violent and disguisting at times admittedly though, even more so than Family Guy.

Futurama is certainly the best out of the 4 imo though, it has always been very funny imo and was ahead of its time when it released. How it ever got canceled I don't know, but at least it came back, I'd say its long, long hiatus is really its only flaw though.

So yeah, out of the 4 I pick Futurama here. :)

• Brohoof 5

For me it's a tie between Family & The Simpsons for favorite. Meg's my favorite on FG due to her being so much like me when I was that age (I can't stand those Meg-bashing scenes/episodes) and The Simpsons is the show that started it all. I've been watching TS since I was eight.

Futurama comes in second. 

Now as for American Dad, I haven't seen too many episodes to judge it. So far from what I've seen, it's okay. So that one's my "least" favorite so far.

Edited by WarGrowlmon1990
  • Brohoof 1

Hello and bro hoof to all /)

Which show do you think is better? Family Guy, The Simpsons,Futurama, or American Dad? I for one, am still a huge Simpsons fan (yes, even the current seasons), and I find American Dad so much funnier than Family Guy. Futurama is golden, Zoidberg is a boss. I still like Family Guy, but it seems to keep recycling it's bits (how many times can you fight the chicken Peter?).

So, which one is your favorite and least favorite? Mines:

1. The Simpsons

2. American Dad

3.Futurama

4. American Dad

Tell me in the comments below!

/)

You put American Dad twice.

1. The Simpsons

2. Futurama

3. American Dad

4. Family Guy

I never got into Family Guy. I really didn't. My favourite line, though, is:

• Brohoof 2

Well, I've grown pretty bored of Family Guy these days, and I never really understood American Dad.

But, Family Guy will always be my favorite just not right now. :P

• Brohoof 1

1. American Dad. As of now it blows everything else out of the water. I feel this shows strongest point is that with Stan being part of the CIA and Roger having so many personas, the writers can do pretty much whatever they want. Thankfully they do and explore all kinds of scenarios. The clever writing and proper pacing makes it an absolute treat to watch. I only wish they would try harder with secondary characters. Most of them disappear after one episode.

2. Futurama. Great show, although since the revival it feels like it's lost some of it's magic.

3. Simpsons. Once the undisputed king, it's fallen from grace and hit the ground hard. It's such a shame. The show lost it's great early writers who kept the show character focused and down to earth. Then it got to a crazy point where the kind of madness reserved for the Halloween episodes became common place. It's calmed down recently but can't get anywhere near the quality it used to encompass. Being stuck in status quo for so long has not helped.

4. Family Guy. The first three season were pretty damn great. It was a new style at the time, using so much random humor. It runs a fine line between funny and stupid, and after season four it feel into stupid. Like the Simpsons it's been bouncing back lately, but still far away from what it once was.

• Brohoof 2

Dad'll kill me if he finds out i voted for Futurama over the Simpsons, i like both of them, but Futurama is amazing ; v ;

Family guy is the least favorite, no, my most hated one :3

Man, Futurama is just great.

It hasn't lost any of its humor at all, it really holds up well.

I guess this is my new list.

1) Futurama

2) American Dad

I voted for Family Guy, because there pop cult references are timeless! But they had a slippery slope in there last few seasons, but I believe it's coming back up. Although I guess Futurama is my favorite since it's set in the future, so the comedic work space is much larger and original, even though they constantly poke fun at space cliches.  

And the Simpsons is classic! There comedic humor rises and falls, keeping people watching. The plots are always enjoyable and honestly I think it would be hilarious if MLP took it a few steps further and had maybe just as much satire as the Simpsons D: I know it's a kids show, but tons of kids watched the Simpsons, I don't think it had a negative affect on anyone.

With Family Guy though, there satire sometimes goes through the roof. And American Dad is really something I only watch when i'm not sober, witch is a shame because some episodes genuinely made me laugh. But most are pretty aweful :(.