Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Xbox creators in hot water....

Black Licorice

Though very stuck-up, and with me being against the "always online" aspect currently, I do find his final response in that tweet thread absolutely hilarious. xD

tumblr_mc29mgmT9c1r1rhkto1_500.gif

Janesville is six times the size of my Wisconsin town.  Internet here is pretty shit all over.

Glad you're against always online too, at least.

Edit:  Hey, check this out.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/04/10/adam-orth-fired-microsoft-xbox-exec-who-insulted-fans-appears-to-have-joined-the-ranks-of-the-jobseekers/

Looks like he "left the company" over those tweets.

Edited by Crispy
  • Brohoof 2

What a bucking douchebag! It's the "world we live in"; no it isn't! He's trying to make it that way to better line his own ridiculous pockets. He cares nothing for the consumer. I'm definitely not buying the new Xbox.

He was very stupid with hat he said, the only problem is that it looks exstreamly likely that they will be trying to make it an always online console :/

I have to admit at the moment PS4 is looking more like an all round better console :P.

Didn't he end up leaving Microsoft? Regarding the 'Always Online' feature i bet Microsoft are introducing it as a way to make sure people aren't using second hand games. So long as the rumors about not being able to use pre-owned games are true in the first place.

I wish somepony would have posted this and saw his reaction. Some of us can only pull a few megs if we are lucky. Not everypony lives in a city and that would be a huge loss of sales for Microsoft. 

2644722255.png

Edited by Skycoaster (Corkscrew)

If the always online goes ahead, they will lose out to the Playstation 4 big time. They not longer have the exclusives anymore and unless they can also come out with 8 gigabytes of RAM too, then the 720 or "Durango" just will not compete.

I am very much against any always-online DRM system, the world isn't permanently connected to the internet yet with constantly good speeds and until then an always-online DRM just won't work. (*cough* Sims City *cough*)

That said, the only reason for me to buy a console at the moment is if it has good exclusives, but seeing as games are being put on all 3 major platforms now, I no longer need to worry about games not being ported to the PC.

Did he really deserve to get fired though? I mean yeah, the guy was being arrogant, ignorant, and narrow-minded. But it was on HIS personal Twitter account. He was a game director anyway, it's not like he was directing development ON the console. He was directing games that were FOR the console. Does it really matter whether or not he approves or disproves of "Always online" consoles? Not really. It's just a minute detail that really isn't relevant to him or his job.

I might not agree with the guy, but does that really mean that he deserves to lose his job? He might have not handled the situation in the best way, but does that mean he deserves to lose his job? I don't think so. Just because you're an executive doesn't mean you should lose the right to say what you want on YOUR personal Twitter account. 

Maybe Microsoft was looking for a reason to fire him for awhile,,,

Edited by Commander Urdnot

Did he really deserve to get fired though?

In their view, yes.

When you are known as a developer for a certain company and you say things to the public that end up costing the company money, you've become a drag on their bottom line.

• Brohoof 1

And here I was hoping Adam Orth was just trolling and this whole "always online" thing was some kind of joke. I hope, for their sake, they don't go through with always online DRM; I'm no expert in the industry but I know I wouldn't want to buy a console with that feature.

• Brohoof 1

Doesn't LIVE already have something similar? I remember not being able to play games I downloaded for money unless I was logged into LIVE.

But anyway, this always online thing is bullshit. Not everyone can afford wifi or gets the best connection, like the tweet said.

And if they were to make a move like this, they'd just be hanging the suicide rope. People are already tired of their current ways, and a bigger, more drastic move like this would make a lot of people quit.

Edited by Yes-Falafel

If Microsoft goes for an always online console they are going to screw themselves royally, while internet connections and speeds have improved dramatically we are still a few years off for when an always online console would actually be feasible and as Aramus pointed out since fewer and fewer exclusives are coming to market that would just make the sales of the Durango go down even further. I already have a Wii U and am undecided on whether or not I will get a PS4 but if the Durango really is always online than I probably will not get it, having things crash in the middle of when you are playing isn't exactly the most enjoyable experience.