Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever get nervous over small things?

Le Kvlt Dawn

Does anyone else overreact over little things? Like sometimes if the phone rings I get scared and wonder if someone, like a family member died or something. Or when I'm going home from school, I have to cross a railroad and I always run (or at least power walk) across it because I don't know if a train may come unexpectedly.

• Brohoof 2

I overreact to very small things. I am extremely bi-polar. I freak out towards very small things, be it relationships or anything else.

I'm such a sensitive guy ;-;

• Brohoof 3

Hmm... Well the answer to your question is: Yes, I do sometimes get scared/nervous for an illogical reason.

Most common sceneario would be me walking up stairs at night.. All it takes is the thought "Don't turn around" to enter my mind and I get an adrenaline rush until I reach the top.

I mean, I don't believe in demons or ghosts or slenderman anything like that, but sometimes you can just really freak yourself out happy.png

Edited by D1SC0RD
  • Brohoof 1

I have a fear of crossing the road when there are cars around, I'm useless on roads... blush.png I always go as fast as I can when I need to cross a busy road. It's horrible. sad.png  And I'm scared of mirrors in the night, but I'm mostly over that.

I get paranoid over really stupid things sometimes. Like when I'm home alone, I'm scared to take a shower, and if I hear a noise I get paranoid and think someone broke into my house or something lol

I overreact to very small things. I am extremely bi-polar. I freak out towards very small things, be it relationships or anything else.

I'm such a sensitive guy ;-;

Well, I wouldn't call myself sensitive. I just overreact over little things, like I always have a backup plan in case something goes wrong.

Does anyone else overreact over little things? Like sometimes if the phone rings I get scared and wonder if someone, like a family member died or something. Or when I'm going home from school, I have to cross a railroad and I always run (or at least power walk) across it because I don't know if a train may come unexpectedly.

YES!

I'm probably a bit paranoid that I'm going to get mugged by literally everyone (although it's got better since i live in a city now and I'm getting used to walking past people in the street :P ).

But Over little things like going to the doctors or going into a football stadium (I'm always convinced by ticket won't work) :P. The more I do these things, the easier they are though :).

I am not sensitive, but very paranoid. Once, when I was taking a shower, the shampoo bottle tipped over, and I thought of something that got me all paranoid.

I have a fear of crossing the road when there are cars around, I'm useless on roads... img-1370482-1-blush.png I always go as fast as I can when I need to cross a busy road. It's horrible. img-1370482-2-sad.png And I'm scared of mirrors in the night, but I'm mostly over that.

I'm also scared to look at myself in the mirror in the dark. Hell, I see really weird things in the dark, like shapes and things trying to attack me.
  • Brohoof 1

I'm also scared to look at myself in the mirror in the dark. Hell, I see really weird things in the dark, like shapes and things trying to attack me.

Hear you. I think i'm getting a bit too old to be afraid of stuff in the dark. Thinking that it's Luna's territory makes me feel better, somehow, maybe because she's best pony.

I over react sometimes when I am in public places I have a fear that people are watching and judging me so I tend to make sure I don't make mistakes or interact with people as much when I am in a public place. I am trying to over come my fear though :)

YES!

I'm probably a bit paranoid that I'm going to get mugged by literally everyone (although it's got better since i live in a city now and I'm getting used to walking past people in the street :P ).

But Over little things like going to the doctors or going into a football stadium (I'm always convinced by ticket won't work) :P. The more I do these things, the easier they are though :).

I get worried about getting mugged too, but I think getting shanked is a more common worry for me. Or sometimes if someone pulls out their phone in public, I get scared and assume it's a gun.

Yes, especially when it's an assignment that's due.  I get all flustered about if I have it.  Also when I'm playing guitar at shows I'm very nervous/paranoid about it going out of tune, or that it's in tune to begin with.

Yes, especially when it's an assignment that's due.  I get all flustered about if I have it.  Also when I'm playing guitar at shows I'm very nervous/paranoid about it going out of tune, or that it's in tune to begin with.

I had forgotten about that! I am paranoid about dropping my CW into the wrong box, and even once i have put it in I get worried that I've done it wrong or something or that I've answered the wrong question ><!

• Brohoof 1

front_door.png

Well, that's to mention one thing. Generally every time it's dark you just get a bit anxious. To be honest it's a very natural thing. :)

You just described my life in a nutshell. I constantly overreact to small things like a phone ringing, or a strange look from a teacher, etc. i try not to let in bother me but it still does.

All the time, usually when I'm in public. I'm avoidant, so when in public I keep my head down and avoid eye contact with people, and get nervous if I have to talk to people. Plus I have a fear of using the phone.

Edited by AtomicBassCannon

I get nervous when I talk to adults or when I'm buying something at the store. I stutter and lose my train of thought. Also anything medical makes me freak out. I can't even handle getting my blood drawn without having a panic attack. blush.png

Im kind of the same way. Like when my parents say my name in weird tone that sounds like they mad, or upset and I assume im in trouble even when I didn't do anything. Or another is my boyfriend's parents are bucking strict as hell and they ground him over a low C in a class or like one or 2 missing assignments, he'll get grounded...yeah stop there..OVER A LOW C, he'll get grounded. (I know his parents are just wanting him to succeed, so don't go against me). But yeah, and whenever he gets called by his parents when im at his house, im always afraid he has a C or some missing assignments.

All the time, usually when I'm in public. I'm avoidant, so when in public I keep my head down and avoid eye contact with people, and get nervous if I have to talk to people. Plus I have a fear of using the phone.

I used to fear making eye contact with people in public like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee realized, what, is someone going to eat me just for looking at them and smiling as I pass?

If there's anything that still makes me paranoid to this day, it's being home alone (especially at night) and hearing any noises throughout the house and whatnot. Logic dictates it's just one of our family's many cats knocking something over...but that doesn't stop me from patrolling the house for 10 minutes armed with a decorative sword. ph34r.png

I do this all the time. I have many anxiety problems and I tend to stress out very easily. Even just thinking of certain things can send my anxiety levels sky high. I also have depression and that plays a factor as well. I am very sensitive so even small things can bring me down. It is not too fun...

• 1 month later...

Sometimes I stare at a sentence for way too long to make sure there's no mistakes.

I'm always worried I made a typo or a grammar mistake... When there's no spell check I copy/paste into a document to see if there're any red underlines. :P

(edited)

All the fucking time. Hell I'm usually worried about my hair looking funny because of my trichotillomania, which causes me to pick at it all the time. Basically I'm a fucking nervous wreak. I can barley talk to the opposite sex most of the time, always get unreasonably nervous. Hell I can barley talk to anyone my own age that I don't know. Can strangely talk to people older than me though. I'm usually worried about my mental condition as well, might be something a lot worse the AS that is wrong with me. So yeah you could say that I get nervous over the little things.

Oh yeah forgot to mention eye contact and that I usually can't make it.

Edited by Dark Moon

I have severe OCD and am afraid of the most common things, like trash cans and trash bags. I don't touch anything that I think is dirty. In addition, I'm afraid of lots of normal things like, heights, dying, being robbed, sharks etc. And I'm slightly afraid of my tv, because of that one movie. You know which one I mean. I don't even want to type it out lol. So yeah I can relate to being nervous over small things.

Wow, I sound like I'm afraid of everything lol.