Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever get nervous over small things?

Le Kvlt Dawn

No, but when i do freak out its like... scary..... really realllly scary. Like this one time i caught 2 guys porking in the school bathroom..... i didn't speak to anybody for a week.... i didnt make eye contact with anyone for an entire month.... my parents made me see a shrink, thinking i was mentally ill..... it was just bad..... my poor brain can handle so much shock but when im pushed overboard.... ehh.. i shudder to think of it....

I tend to assume people are laughing at me sometimes, of that counts. I know it probably sounds dumb, but sometimes if I see people laughing, I automatically assume they're laughing at something I did, or how I look. I think it's mainly because when I was younger, I used to always have dark rings under my eyes from an iron deficiency, so when that matched up with my pale skin tone, I looked pretty creepy. Unfortunately, we didn't have money for iron medicine at the time, so I had to go to school like that a lot. I got picked on a fair bit, and laughed at. I had friends though, plenty of them, and they defended me.

But, I ended up getting medicine for it and I ended up looking a whole lot less creepy. But it's kind of become a bad habit of mine to assume people are laughing at me...

I am one of those very jumpy people, when the phone rings I freak out and am like OMG WHO IS IT WHAT DO THEY WANT AHHHH oh hai mum....

I dunno, guess im one of those ppl. Oh also when im home alone I lock the doors and everything :P

I got this one thing. It's childish, but I got really freaked out by it.

A couple of years ago I had a dream about some construction workers doing, well, some work on some kind of water station we have near my house. They were there with all their machines digging and whatnot, and I passed them when I was on my way home from school. It's was in the afternoon, and when I got to the little forest that lies between the road I was on and my house (I always walk through there whenever I need to get home) I take a few steps in, I turn around and suddenly it's nighttime and there is a full moon on the sky. At that moment I see a man running towards me, yelling and when he got to me everything turned black, and then I woke up.

A few days after I had that dream when I was on my way home from school, I passed the exact same scene as I was describing above with the construction workers. Same time, same place, hell they were even using the same machines.

Since then, I've been very cautious not entering that forest when there's a full moon. I know it's kind of silly, but that shit messed me up.

(edited)

It's depending on the situation, lets say it was something small, but I didn't know if it was or not, and I was Just Wondering over it then Yes, all the time.

if it's something small, but it stands out, then more yes, I hate things that Don't seem right, They just make me Nervous as fuck.

If it's something such as not knowing if food is right to eat or not, and Eating it, then more yess, Because I'm Wondering if I'm going to become Sick,

Also if it's something to do with my spelling, and I'm thinking people would judge me over it, then again, yesss

And one last thing, anything that counts as judging me makes me Nervous, Doesn't matter how Small it is....

And Well I'm just confusing myself, so Yeah......

~Lumi........

Edited by Luminescent Dawn

(edited)

Every time there is just me and a stranger on a road/path/back alley that's devoid of all other people, I get a little nervous that they might try something since there would be no witnesses. It's bad when we're heading in opposite directions, but it's terrible when we're heading in the same direction and he's following me. Even in broad daylight, this situation bothers me.

Oh and eye contact in general just makes me uncomfortable. It feels way too intimate. The exceptions is staring contests; I have no problems with that.

Edited by MuteMutt

yea, like me, my bike has to be running PERFECT like a swiss watch before I go out for a trail ride...if I hear a creak or knock Ior a gear doesn't change right, I won't ride it until it's fixed....even if it's nothing major.....I like it working as good as it looks...little OCD about it, lol. I guess it comes from being a bit of a mechanic as well. Makes me nervous if I"m out during a ride and I hear random noises coming from my bike...like it's not performing like it should.That being said I sometimes put too much thread lock on some bolts, because I never want it to come loose. lol.

All the time, I always imagine a worst case scenario before I'm going to do something, or if something happens. Like having a presentation at school, or someone who I'm going to meet turns up late, and I'm getting all nervous about something might have happened to them. My boyfriend always tells me to calm down, and there is nothing to be anxious about. But I just can't help it.

I go insane when someone take my mini drawing book with drawings of poniez in it.I make hight pitch meeping noise and if they dont give it back after that i will snatch it out of their hands and curl up in a ball. I also sometimes bite things when I panick.

Every night when I go out into the main room of my house I get terrified to turn on a light, or look out a window, afraid of what I'll see. Also, whenever I'm making a picture or something, I have to make every small detail perfect even though nobody will even know the difference. Another thing, happening right now, when I make a post on a public thing I always freak that something I say will be wrong or bad or something and I'll be shunned.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

It depends. Like if I'm taking a test, I would freak out because I hate failing tests. Or if I'm in an uncomfortable situation such as presenting a project and such. Mainly stuff like that; I don't overreact over a lot of things.

Yes, very much so XD

All day at school, all I can think is 'someone has probably PMed me. What if I don't answer soon? They'll think I'm a jerk! They'll report me for being a jerk! I'm gonna lose friends and now the earth is gonna explode!'

I am so stupid :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think I worry way too much about things, haha. I'd worry about the most ridiculous of things, such as the end of the Earth, the idea of death, war, or thinking about things from the past that cannot be undone. Sometimes I'd even worry about getting a PM here or worry about how my art looks inaccurate and imperfect. Whenever I think of any of those things, I'd just panic and think about the consequences of them all to the point where I would just think about them all day long.

Edited by Odyssey

I got nervous one time before doing a presentation for media, but it went well. I then did a presentation last week, I think, but I wasn't nervous that time.

(edited)

All the time... Over every little thing even though I make lots of spelling mistakes I hate sending a message then realizing there is a mistake. Then I think "Oh no I bet they think I am an idiot for not knowing how to spell, oh no they must hate me I must annoy them so badly!" Pm's always get to me like that. Even though I enjoy them very much and they make me very happy they also freak me out on how the other person has replied. Then I go off thinking that they replied something mean to me from my earlier message but they are usually nice. That is why I never send a message first...I feel like I am a major jerk if I don't at least look at your statues update, if there is one sitting there I will drop everything (Including a skype conversation) Just to read it and maybe reply if I can if not I get so guilty if I skip one and just worry about it for a long time. And the worst is how I look for the day. If I am not perfect well then if I go out I will fiddle with my hair, straighten my shirt all the time, and I have to wear a second layer like a jacket over my shirt because I am nervous about how others think about the shape of my body. And anything with social contact such as eye contact, talking, just waving hi gets to me. Mostly because if I make eye contact I get so stressed out I would get so tongue tied X3 In that case I would get nervous on how I reply because it isn't like the internet where you can take your time to think you usually have to reply quickly. And if I don't reply correctly or to the best of my ability then I stress over what I said and if it was good enough and what I could have said better for a better response. I even stress over the tone of my voice when I speak...No matter what I wish I could change it XD Is this to much? Oh I hope I didn't put to much >~<...Or does this all count? Is this some rambling I did? Hope I followed the instructions of the topic correctly! (Mostly like that :P there is a LOT more of course :P. X3 ok I will shut up now XD)

Edited by Daiy

I definitely do.  I overreact about little stuff all the time.  I'm a bit like Sheldon Cooper.  Also, due to isolation over the last few years, I've become emotionally fragile and depressed, so I tend to become overly upset about what others think of me, and my already terrible self-esteem gets further damaged.

Yes I do.  Especially when I forget something and think I lost it.  But when I find what I was looking for I calm down.

Yes I do.  Especially when I forget something and think I lost it.  But when I find what I was looking for I calm down.

Oh yes...quite a lot. See, I have crippling anxiety problems that are rampant throughout my family and it seems I have gotten a really bad side of that. Even something as simple as walking to a small store and buying one thing can be enough to stress me out and make me want to leave as soon as possible. Simple social interactions make me quite nervous even if those are very simple. :\ Even just asking someone I know for something makes me very hesitant.

I get nervous very often over things that aren't a big deal. It's one of my many problems.

1. A knock on the door.

2. The landline rings.

3. PRIVATE MESSAGE CONVERSATIONS NEVER LEAVE MY BRAIN! *sobs* Please leave my brain, I can't handle the emotional attachment...

• Brohoof 1

Worrying? It's my middle name!

Has anyone heard about social phobia? You know, you may be a little afraid of interactions with others, their effects and things like that. I have very strong social phobia. I'm worried about what am I going to say when someone says 'Hello!' to me. I'm worried when I have to tell my opinion in front of a class or even write it on a paper. I get nervous when PE starts, cause I'm scared that I'll be worse than others. I never talk to the group, I'm kind of an outsider. When I say something in public, my hands are shaking the whole day. Oddly, in the internet I get better, as you can propably see.

So, yup, I do get nervous over small things. I really hate that part of me, really. And please, tell me I'm not the only one here with problems like that.