Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do Princess Luna or Cadence have pets?

Lunapals

I could see Luna with a pet, yes.

She may put up an impressive front of austere grace, but when daylight comes, and she needs to go into her room, she feeds her pet guppies. The guppies may be small, but there's a vast number of them, in beautiful, vibrant colors. Being a princess of the night can be rather... colorless, after all. 

• Brohoof 1

Given that Celestia has a fantasy-based animal as a pet, Luna should have the same. 

So I nominate the Cerberus from It's About Time. 

She needs something impressive and dark, and that fits the bill.  Plus she's the only one badass enough to handle it, IMO. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't think they have ever mentioned anything about their pets other than Princess Celestia which is a phoenix, which makes sense since she is the Goddess of the Sun.

For Princess Luna I'm guessing it's something 'night' related so it should be nocturnal like a bat or a wolf. Maybe it could even be a tamed Timberwolf.

For Princess Cadence well that's something that will keep me thinking, probably some sort of new traditional Crystal Empire pet that's never been mentioned before.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

from this book i have ( princess luna :comeatus:    and the festival of the winter moon ) she has a pet opossum  named tiberius and 2 snowy-white owls named castor and pollux. for cadence, idk. but i dont think they both will have a pet in the series. there is a possibility though since there is gonna be a S6.  

from this book i have ( princess luna :comeatus:    and the festival of the winter moon ) she has a pet opossum  named tiberius and 2 snowy-white owls named castor and pollux. for cadence, idk. but i dont think they both will have a pet in the series. there is a possibility though since there is gonna be a S6.  

I think that Luna has a pet opossum in the comics. If I'm not mistaken it's called Tiberius.

Tiberius shows up in Princess Luna's comic from the "micro" series, and apparently also in one of the books, making him 2X approved by secondary cannon. Though we haven't seen him in the series, we also hardly ever see Philomena (have we even seen her since S1?) so it's not impossible that he might be made fully canon one day. Besides, look how cute they are! :D

luna-tiberius-690x342.jpg

As for Cadence, ummm, maybe she can share the ant farm with Shining Armor?

• 2 weeks later...

Princess Celestia owns a phoenix.

As for Princess Luna, she does not own any pet as far as we know.

Princess Celestia owns a phoenix.

As for Princess Luna, she does not own any pet as far as we know.

as far as YOU know. Comics have twice confirmes that she as a pet oppussum named Tiberius. The chapter books also have her with two more pets/ assistants that are snowy owls named Castor and Pollux

as far as YOU know. Comics have twice confirmes that she as a pet oppussum named Tiberius. The chapter books also have her with two more pets/ assistants that are snowy owls named Castor and Pollux

Exactly.

I don't read the comics.