(Pony.fm Genreponies) Metal Pony and Pop Pony

Dave (RayFriedh)

Hello, hullo, hallo! 

RayFriedh again, with some more genreponies! This time it's Pop and Metal: 

Feedback is appreciated~

post-13384-0-05880100-1365995598_thumb.png

Pop Pony! CM is a microphone.

post-13384-0-36025500-1365995574_thumb.png

Metal Pony! I took a risk here, making the metal pony female (I did it so you could ship Rock and Metal more easily). I hope it turned out alright. No CM yet, since a guitar seems to be a very common Cutie Mark amongst OC's. If you can think of any awesome metal icons for the pony to wear on her flank, that'd be great! 

If you have any suggestions, just comment below! Or PM me here, or on dA, or add me on Skype! Feedback is very much appreciated!

Thank's for reading! There's punch and cookies by the door.

Edited by Dave (RayFriedh)
  • Brohoof 17

The music notation for a power chord in D or C might make a good cutie mark for metal, maybe repeateded to signify the "chugging" of the bottom three strings open.

• Brohoof 1

Two things, right off the bat: 

-Make the Pop mascot's hair less spiked, more styled.
-Make the Metal mascot's hair more spiky. Give it character. Maybe a braid off the left bang.

Pop is quite varied, so the neutral look suits him just fine.
The metal pony, however is vastly under-character. Metal is just as much about the look as it is about the sound, and metalheads are really the ones to go all out. 

I'd suggest making her cutie mark something literally of metal. Something heavy and rough; like a warhammer. So as to keep a general metal feel, avoid using things that go closer to a specific genre(such as a scythe or sickle, which could-being associated with the Reaper and/or death, leaning closer to Black/Death Metal).
She's absolutely fine as a mare, as there is plenty of talented female metal singers.

• Brohoof 1

The only thing I could really suggest for a CM would be a pentagram, but clearly that runs the risk of making her appear as more of a "Satanist pony" than a metal pony. The only more universal sign for metal that I know of would be the hand gesture for the devil horns, but...well, think about it. A human hand signal on a pony? ohmy.png

• Brohoof 2

I think the metal pony should look more "metal", how about let her wear one of those spiked handcuffs?

I really dig the pop pony, I think she needs to be a bit bit smoother but I like it so far!

You gonna work on the Drum & Bass, hardcore and the Jazz pony? I might have a few suggestions for them :)

• Brohoof 1

The only thing I could really suggest for a CM would be a pentagram, but clearly that runs the risk of making her appear as more of a "Satanist pony" than a metal pony. The only more universal sign for metal that I know of would be the hand gesture for the devil horns, but...well, think about it. A human hand signal on a pony? img-1372799-1-ohmy.png

I was thinking the same exact thing, haha. Metal pony CM could def be the Dio "goat Horns" symbol. A celtic looking cross, and Iron Cross. Skull, Anarchy, black flag symbol (more punk)  Indecipherable death meal logo, As was mentioned, something actually made of metal would be cool. Hammer and anvil, buzz saw blade... spoon... maybe not... anything with blood on it, i.e. Rose, fist, weapon, etc... the possibilities are practically limitless! let us know what you decide

• Brohoof 1

Hello!

The pop artist is slightly boring... I'd really a few accesories.

Now, I actually like it that you made "Metal pony" a female. It's quite an appealing design to me :P Not sure about that "FINLAND angry.png " part though... happy.png Plus, there's no need to cut the eyes into something like a pizza... laugh.png

• Brohoof 1

I died laughing at the FINLAND.  Was the Metalocalypse reference on purpose or coincidental?

Either way, she's gonna be a rad pony.

• Brohoof 4

Love them both, very cool sketchy style you got there.

Pop's lower mane seems just a it too small, maye ad one hairspike at the top of it.

Metal looks very cool (was going to suggest more beard, then realized it was a girl), especially the huge tail.

As for a mark, that would depend on the genre of metal you have in mind for her: maybe a Thor's Hammer? an axe? some runes?

• Brohoof 1

Finland? FINLAND? Everybody knows that Trve Kvlt Metal comes from The Most Northernmost Grim and Frostbitten Fjords of NORWAY! THIS is how Trve Metal pony looks like! (not made by me)

Jokes aside, metal one is not metal enough. She needs to be about 20% more metal. Some kind of leather or denim jacket and a spiked bracelet would look nice. As for her cutie mark, I thought of this:

mano-cornuta.jpg

But... ponies have no fingers...

• Brohoof 2

Hey, nice! I'm digging Pop! You seem to be pretty good at the FiM anatomy. Do you plan to color these guys? As for the Cutie Mark on the second, how about a unique shaped electric guitar, or something?

Thanks for the feedback! FiM anatomy is not too hard to get used to, and I do plan to make a colour scheme for the ponies, but for now, not all of them are coloured. Some vector artists are going to make their own art based on my designs later, and those will go on Pony.fm. Also, I'm not feeling very well with any sort of guitar for a CM.

You'd should try to give the metal pony a spiked choker or cuffs, since I guess that used to be a thing with metal bands, but otherwise, looks great!

Interrecroissant idea! I think a spiked tail-holder thingy might look good on the metal pony! Thanks for the suggestion and feedback!

The music notation for a power chord in D or C might make a good cutie mark for metal, maybe repeateded to signify the "chugging" of the bottom three strings open.

That's actually a very good idea! I'll try it out. Thank you for the feedback!

Two things, right off the bat: 

-Make the Pop mascot's hair less spiked, more styled.

-Make the Metal mascot's hair more spiky. Give it character. Maybe a braid off the left bang.

Pop is quite varied, so the neutral look suits him just fine.

The metal pony, however is vastly under-character. Metal is just as much about the look as it is about the sound, and metalheads are really the ones to go all out. 

I'd suggest making her cutie mark something literally of metal. Something heavy and rough; like a warhammer. So as to keep a general metal feel, avoid using things that go closer to a specific genre(such as a scythe or sickle, which could-being associated with the Reaper and/or death, leaning closer to Black/Death Metal).

She's absolutely fine as a mare, as there is plenty of talented female metal singers.

Ho, nice! Thank you very much for responding. I'm not sure if I want to go FULLY metal with the metal pony, as it will make her look like a mess, very complicated, with too many layers- I'm trying to keep things simple as well as give the ponies character to their genre, but she may be able to use some more metal aspects.

The only thing I could really suggest for a CM would be a pentagram, but clearly that runs the risk of making her appear as more of a "Satanist pony" than a metal pony. The only more universal sign for metal that I know of would be the hand gesture for the devil horns, but...well, think about it. A human hand signal on a pony? img-1372799-1-ohmy.png

Yep, I thought about that as well, and it does look weird.

I think the metal pony should look more "metal", how about let her wear one of those spiked handcuffs?

I really dig the pop pony, I think she needs to be a bit bit smoother but I like it so far!

You gonna work on the Drum & Bass, hardcore and the Jazz pony? I might have a few suggestions for them smile.png

I think I'll give her some spiked thingies for her tail. Thanks for the feedback!

And of course I'll do those ponies- I think I'm gonna do the entire list of genres.

I was thinking the same exact thing, haha. Metal pony CM could def be the Dio "goat Horns" symbol. A celtic looking cross, and Iron Cross. Skull, Anarchy, black flag symbol (more punk)  Indecipherable death meal logo, As was mentioned, something actually made of metal would be cool. Hammer and anvil, buzz saw blade... spoon... maybe not... anything with blood on it, i.e. Rose, fist, weapon, etc... the possibilities are practically limitless! let us know what you decide

A goldmine of great ideas. Thanks for the feedback!

Hello!

The pop artist is slightly boring... I'd really a few accesories.

Now, I actually like it that you made "Metal pony" a female. It's quite an appealing design to me tongue.png Not sure about that "FINLAND img-1372955-1-angry.png " part though... img-1372955-2-happy.png Plus, there's no need to cut the eyes into something like a pizza... img-1372955-3-laugh.png

FINLAND is a reference, as mentioned below.

Aaand I think the pop artist is alright for now- I mean she looks a little funky, a little excited, no? Pop artists aren't as much glam as I think you're thinking- thanks for the feedback, though, I'll think on it more-

And... what pizza?

OH

OHUSOFAHNNY

What about a slinky that could be a cool cm sort of but the metal cuffs sound good too so do what you want for heavens sakes so..................

thanks for the feedback!

I died laughing at the FINLAND.  Was the Metalocalypse reference on purpose or coincidental?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkdnyYCXPlA

Either way, she's gonna be a rad pony.

Hael yeah it was a reference to Metalocalypse. Glad you liked it! (I actually expected you to be more critical of her)

Love them both, very cool sketchy style you got there.

Pop's lower mane seems just a it too small, maye ad one hairspike at the top of it.

Metal looks very cool (was going to suggest more beard, then realized it was a girl), especially the huge tail.

As for a mark, that would depend on the genre of metal you have in mind for her: maybe a Thor's Hammer? an axe? some runes?

Thankye! I can see what you mean about the Pop pony's lower mane- I'll see if it works.

Warhammer seems to be a very popular choice. Your suggestions, like a few others, are very viking-like. I know that viking culture is present in metal, but it seems like it's more present than I thought before. I'll think about these.

Finland? FINLAND? Everybody knows that Trve Kvlt Metal comes from The Most Northernmost Grim and Frostbitten Fjords of NORWAY! THIS is how Trve Metal pony looks like! (not made by me)

Jokes aside, metal one is not metal enough. She needs to be about 20% more metal. Some kind of leather or denim jacket and a spiked bracelet would look nice. As for her cutie mark, I thought of this:

img-1373591-1-mano-cornuta.jpg

But... ponies have no fingers...

Denim or leather jacket sounds nice-  it doesn't seem to be too complicated for ponies, either...

Thank you for the feedback! 

Metalhead for life! But I love classic rock. Some pop songs here and there as well. Nevertheless, great job. I'll check out the others.

Look around the fanart section, you're bound to find them. Just search for pony.fm and genreponies and my username if all else fails.

• Brohoof 2

Fairy 'nuff. But that's one of the Metal genre's defining points. We relish in going out of our way to look as crazy and out-of-the-crowd as possible. Messy and over-complicated are parts of what makes the genre.

You should give metal a skull as a cutie mark, that seems to kind of be a big thing in metal. Or as MyLittlePonyTales said, how about a crazy guitar, like something from Guitar Hero!

Hael yeah it was a reference to Metalocalypse. Glad you liked it! (I actually expected you to be more critical of her)

Nah.  Just because I have a halfway successful thread on the subject, doesn't make me arbiter of all things metal.  Besides, cute metal pone is a good thing.

Hello, hullo, hallo! 

RayFriedh again, with some more genreponies! This time it's Pop and Metal: 

Feedback is appreciated~

attachicon.gifPop Pony.png

Pop Pony! CM is a microphone.

attachicon.gifScan-20.png

Metal Pony! I took a risk here, making the metal pony female (I did it so you could ship Rock and Metal more easily). I hope it turned out alright. No CM yet, since a guitar seems to be a very common Cutie Mark amongst OC's. If you can think of any awesome metal icons for the pony to wear on her flank, that'd be great! 

If you have any suggestions, just comment below! Or PM me here, or on dA, or add me on Skype! Feedback is very much appreciated!

Thank's for reading! There's punch and cookies by the door.

I would suggest giving Pop a slightly longer mane cut. As for Metal, just think of Lizzie from Halestorm! She's an awesome example of a female metal participant :) Great job with the designs here.