Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

HASBRO, Listen up! Daring Do needs her own show!

cuteycindyhoney

They may be busy now but what about when they decide to take a break or end FiM? They could make a Daring Do spinoff their next project.

Then I guess Daring Do would be possible. We will just have to wait and see.

I think a spin-off series is very do-able, Watchmen did something very similar. There was a comic-book shown in it, Tales of the Black Freighter, that ended up getting it's own spin-off 30 minute animation. I know it's kind of silly comparing Watchmen to MLP. but I think it could be do-able, besides there is a lot you can do with Daring-Do.

I think a spin-off series is very do-able, Watchmen did something very similar. There was a comic-book shown in it, Tales of the Black Freighter, that ended up getting it's own spin-off 30 minute animation. I know it's kind of silly comparing Watchmen to MLP. but I think it could be do-able, besides there is a lot you can do with Daring-Do.

Yeah, there's so much they can do. Even make that guy from the story a "recurring main bad guy" of sorts. Daring Do even said "Better luck next time" to him so it's possible they've faced off before.

Didn't even know this topic existed and made my own topic about it.

ANYWAY, as I said in the other topic:

Writers are paid to make content for something. You don't see how they could make a series out of it? They made a series out of Indiana Jones just fine, they can do it with Daring Do.

At the risk of being an Indiana Jones copycat, the show would feature adventures into great ruins to gather ancient artifacts of many different origins, meeting new enemies, saving the world from dangerous secret organizations and magical cults. It's easy enough to write it, even if only as a mini-series that's only sixteen episodes long. (One for each book)

It's just an allusion to the actual movie people.. Once the week is over, so will the hype over this character.

The farthest this should continue is in fan fictions, and that's where you people belong. :mellow:

I don't read fan fictions and I would very much prefer to see her reappear in the show. You don't see other background and minor characters being forgotten like Derpy or Trixie, do you? Why would you think that Daring Do would need to be forgotten?

tbh, i'd much more prefer a Derpy Hooves spin-off than a Daring Do one. Daring Do i think simply wouldn't be as interesting as Derpy Hooves starring as the character of a spin-off show. she screams too much Indiana Jones to me, and if i wanted that, i'd play some of the Indy games, or watch the movies instead.

and that's where you people belong. :mellow:

People? I ain't "people".

[/singing In The Rain]

Honestly though, I think the most she should get is an unlockable character in Fighting is Magic (she'd have some serious ranged moves with that hat). Spin off's are usually lame.

I gotta wonder why everyone is so against a spin-off show. lol

It bewilders me as well.

What could we lose by Daring having her own show?

Perhaps a two part episode with Daring Doo would be really fun to see. a whole series would get kind of repetitive.

I have one thing to ask: is FiM repetitive? Edited by Trixie the Great

I do not support this idea. I don't think it would be that good for them to have another show to work on. Another episode with Daring Do would be nice though.

Edited by Jokuc

I really dont think they can make a show for Daring Do...

Im not saying that it would be a bad idea, I just dont think kids (Did you know that kids were actualy the target audience for MLP?) would get it at all. Would it be aimed at boys or girls? Heres how i would think kids would initialy react...

Boys: Most would think it weird as it contains loads of awesome action and adventure, but is based around... ponies?

Girls: Loves the idea of another show about ponies, but whats with all the boyish action?

Eh, but what do i know? Maybe it could be solely aimed at bronies...