Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Question: True love or be rich?

EP1C N3RD

Id be a billionaire. Then I'd pull a Tony Stark.

No but really, I think I would really pick the billionaire option. I already *think* I found true love, so I may as well take the money and throw it in the bank. 

Plus, love isnt all that special if it is just handed to you. What fun is there in that? Then there is no adventure or anything to it. 

• Brohoof 2

Well, cheesy as may sound, True Love is one of a kind, eh, money is everywhere, millions of dollars get printed a day, it makes it so worthless, really. It takes dedication and hard work to achieve earning it, you can still manage to find a way with money like that, and same thing with True Love. I wouldn't mind having an endless supply of money, enough to at least get me somewhere ahead in life, and while as common and typical of many to say, I'll go with True Love x:

• Brohoof 1

I'll take the money. I prefer being alone anyway. If I was with someone a lot, I'd probably end up getting tired of them over time.
I'm already sort of in the situation of being fairly wealthy, but being a hermit in my room all the time with few friends, so I guess it wouldn't be too different. 

I was tempted to choose true love, but I'm not really that big of a fan of humanity or people in general. 

So, basically live my whole life being poor and having a wife or, be rich and have no friends at all? I think being rich really wins it for me.  I mean if I didn't have to be fricken poor and live in poverty I probably would of chosen true love. But, being in poverty, is not something I wish for anyone. To me, it's just not worth it. If I was a Billionare, I would at least feel happy that I'm half of my money to charities all over. Being poor, I don't think I could ever be happy....NO MATTER WHAT!

I'd rather have lots of money. I don't need to have a relationship/be married to be happy. I wouldn't be alone either, because I've got great friends that would be happy for me, and then I could also help them out as well. :) Sounds pretty good to me.

Be a billionare cause my only emotions are "awkward laugh" and meh. So no love really would not affect me.

And besides If I live in poverty with my true love, we would probabaly starve to death because she loves me too much.

I'll take the money.

If I had loads of political and social power, then how would I be miserable? I'd have money to finance my pranks, my hobbies, and my very own team of researchers and engineers. I'd also have money left over to do pretty much whatever I want. I fail to see how I would be alone and miserable just because I'm a billionaire. Honestly, wouldn't I have more company? Would you rather hang out with your friends going to the arcade, or your friends playing battleship. WITH REAL SHIPS? This option leaves me with lots of money, lots of company, lots of power, and lots of opportunity to find love.

If it really was "True love," then why would I choose to make them feel obligated to be with me when I have nothing? If I truly loved the other person, why would I put them through living in poverty, just so I can be with them? Sounds kind of selfish to me, and last time I checked, love wasn't selfish. If I truly loved them, I would want what's best for them. If being with me means they live in a life of poverty, then how is that what's best for them? It's not. I would want them to find somebody else better than me, and live a better life with them. This option leaves me impoverished, alone, without power, and with little opportunity to find love.

So really, even if you prefer love over money, you'd still be better off with choosing the money. After all, would you really put somebody you love through living a life in poverty just because YOU want to be with them? Probably not. The second option would result you with being alone, AND without money.

More money + More power = More opportunity to find love. First option is best option, regardless of whether or not you prefer love over money.

Edited by Commander Urdnot
  • Brohoof 3

I would rather be rich so I can afford to build my own giant deadly death lazer and everybody knows its really fun to shoot at people with giant deadly death lazers. I mean I tried it with a rental death lazer but its like renting a lamborghini, its not the same. Also, I think there is a major difference that needs to be clarified between poor and poverty. If you live in poverty with your true love you will die because poverty is defined as having less than the bare minimum amount of money to live.

Edited by TwilizzleFoShizzle
  • Brohoof 1

Hello!

36824186.jpg

Seriously, why can't I just have both? :P

Well, if I really had to choose, I'd probably choose the money at first img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png . I don't believe the question says anything, about not being able to do the other later in the future :P

• Brohoof 2

To be honest? True love. Screw money. At this point, it's more important for me to find that special somepony who I can relate with; one who wouldn't leave me for the world. Money can't buy happiness, even if it hurts. -_-

Being wealthy means absolutely nothing to me if you can't share it with anyone, have no friends or can't find love. I'd easily pick being truly in love with someone rather than being depressed in a forever alone mansion. I don't care if it's poverty, if people say that true love is that powerful than I'm sure love will find a away. 

I would rather be rich. I have no true love and I know I will never have one. Therefore, I would want to be rich.

Either that, I would want none at all. If rich comes, then I'll live with it. I would rather be without a true love or be rich.

Edited by BronyPony

True love would probably put me in equestria where money just doesn't matter all that very much anyway. 

The only advantage to taking the money would be if you were capable and willing to sacrifice everything for your fellow man.  If you really thought that a billion dollars could make the human condition better in some way and were willing to use the money for that.

I'm afraid this question is somewhat misleading because it doesn't take into account certain things. Such as, what if you've already found true love but it didn't work out? You might say then it wasn't true love but what if you know they were you're soul mate? Well, some of you don't believe in that. I even know that some of you don't even believe in love and see and observe it as if it were a byproduct of physical interaction... and we all wonder why the divorce rate is so high.

So what choice is there left except to get rich if one could. But that part is really about who helps get you there in end. Not to mention, who is to say that you couldn't find true love still on the path to wealth?

What you believe about love is going to be based upon everything you learned and believed up to now. The very question by the OP shows your lack of experience on many aspects of love. 

• Brohoof 1

I would choose true love...by far.. I would be rather be homeless and with my true love than in a flash house but alone (or with users/gold diggers). 
An exception though... if it was a ridiculous (and reoccurring) amount of money.. like crazy Bill Gates wealth, I would take that so I could use my money to help people.. even if it meant never (or finding very late) my true love.

Well being rich is one thing, but finding that special someone is more than worth while. Money isn't everything (well it is, but anyway). You shouldn't need it to be happy.

• Brohoof 2

Well money does help bring happiness in some way, but true love will always bring happiness between two people who are in love together. I personally think I found my true love but she's going through some shit but I'm really hoping I can one day hold her in my arms forever <3 :)

• Brohoof 1

Well my gut reaction was to go with true love.  After I thought about it for a bit, I instead chose true love.  But upon further deep thought and long hours of internal debate, I've decided firmly to side with true love.

Not really into love, I would take the money. Donate some of it, and just live out by the rest. Besides, sadly in today's society anyone with the riches usually gets the girl.

Edited by Retro✮Derpy
  • Brohoof 1

I'd choose true love over being rich. I'm so desperate right now it's sad. Besides being with your true love is the richest thing you can have in life :3

(I know so stereotypical to say)