Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Question: True love or be rich?

EP1C N3RD

I would pick being rich, you stated that we would have a considerable amount of power. I would use that to try and make a difference in the world, and i would spend my money on charitable causes so yeah... I may be very happy if i had my true love but i would make many more people happy and change many more lives if i were rich, so that's better in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

True love because I get lonely at times and there's not much I'd really want to do with the money. Sure I'd be happy with a mansion, but I'd also be happy living in a flat with the one I love. 

Who says I'd be miserable if I was wealthy? Anyways I'd still pick wealth. At this time I really have no desire to love someone, maybe in the future my answer will change, although I doubt it.

• Brohoof 2

I'm afraid this question is somewhat misleading because it doesn't take into account certain things. Such as, what if you've already found true love but it didn't work out? You might say then it wasn't true love but what if you know they were you're soul mate? Well, some of you don't believe in that. I even know that some of you don't even believe in love and see and observe it as if it were a byproduct of physical interaction... and we all wonder why the divorce rate is so high.

So what choice is there left except to get rich if one could. But that part is really about who helps get you there in end. Not to mention, who is to say that you couldn't find true love still on the path to wealth?

What you believe about love is going to be based upon everything you learned and believed up to now. The very question by the OP shows your lack of experience on many aspects of love. 

Spoken like a truly experienced person. Bravo, sir.

I was wondering about your point, myself. This question is a false dichotomy. It says with your love, you will never fight, but it will feel like your first love. The problem is that the first time one feels love, it is often mere infatuation. Now, you might never fight, but that's not to say you won't get bored with your love after the first week. And obviously, the other side of the coin says that you might just find love and riches at the same time.

This is not really a choice anyone can make an informed decision about. Choose love and you might regret the "love" who was given to you. Choose wealth and you might find it's very lonely at the top. What further complicates it is how people's tastes change over the years, so what you say now might not be even remotely the same, five years from now.

Besides... a Lamborghini is great to look at, but horrible to drive. Ever see those tiny little windows that are your only source of ventilation? That's a "hot" car in more ways than one. tongue.png

• Brohoof 2

No one has ever loved me except my family. I would rather be rich, I would live in solitude and no worries to deal with. I don't even know what love is or feels like, but I know the feeling of rich. Stick to what you know.

Seriously, why love when you can be on your own? I spend all my days sealed away from society and I do just fine. I would be able to do anything I wanted with no restrictions. Ultimate peace.

• Brohoof 1

True love. I love money just as much as everyone else, but who would want to be the rich guy down the street who nobody likes at all?

So having lots of money will make everybody hate you? I see absolutely no common sense or logic in that. I'm pretty sure everyone would love you if you used your money well and maybe gave generous offerings to fellow neighbors.

So having lots of money will make everybody hate you? I see absolutely no common sense or logic in that. I'm pretty sure everyone would love you if you used your money well and maybe gave generous offerings to fellow neighbors.

No. Not necessarily. Of course there are rich people who are very generous (like Rarity biggrin.png ). I meant I would definitely chose to true love over just having money. 

Oh! And I like your avatar. wink.png

Edited by Captain Sparkle

If I can make peace with the power, eradicate most of the world's hunger with the money, and put in the needed resources to research a ton of technological advancements, then I'll go with the "being rich" option.

There are two sides to either option. Use your love in the first choice to build yourself up from the dirt and become successful, or use the money you already have with the second option to build a better world for yourself and others. In time, you'll earn the respect of many and perhaps win the heart of a few close people -- friends and a lover.

Life isn't a straight path.

• Brohoof 2

Money is one of the most evil things in society. Sure, there is endless good you could do for the world, but with a billion+ dollars you'd instantly inherit so much power in our world with that much money. Truthfully, I do like the idea of having that much money to donate to the poor and to help others, but when you think about it, I would feel merely as a tool of moving the money for one place to another in that case. I would rather work to try be successful and earn my money than simply having that large a sum given to me like that. 

Also, I don't really want the responsibility of holding that much investment. I'm more afraid of what I'll turn into with that much money and power in my possession. While I do have good intentions and all for what I would do with it, I don't want it to change my ideals. Money and wealth can change people into the things they loathe most, and I'd rather stay far away from any chance of encountering this.

True love is my choice. I haven't found my true love yet, and I don't expect to for awhile as I figure out who I truly am. But that euphoric feeling of waking up next to the one that matters most to me, the feeling of glee being around someone who will never judge you, never leave your side, and will love you endlessly as much as you love them back, I can't put into words how much I'd adore having that. 

We could get out of poverty together. To have the knowledge that I always will have somebody who cares deeply about me no matter the situation and cause is enough for me to live everyday in high spirits and determination to achieve the goals I'd like to in life. And to know that I am such a significant part of another person's life is plenty reasoning for me to choose true love. 

The thing with true love, is that I don't think that its temporary. Sure, love is temporary, and can be by how many divorces and splitting up of couples we see today.

But to find True Love? 

To find that one person out of the 7 billion in our little green earth that you connect with on a level surpassing anybody else? That one person who accepts your faults, just as you'll accept theirs, and both love one another even more because of these faults, faults that only establish one's uniqueness? That one person who will share life with you and will stay with you till the end of time itself? That one person who you never will grow tired of spending time with, and will always experience new adventures with? 

THAT is True Love

And I cannot express how much I am a believer in it, and how much I want to experience this for myself. 

• Brohoof 1

No. Not necessarily. Of course there are rich people who are very generous (like Rarity img-1388796-1-biggrin.png ). I meant I would definitely chose to true love over just having money. 

Oh! And I like your avatar. img-1388796-2-wink.png

1. Rarity is not rich. Her dream is to become rich and successful and move to Canterlot, but she is definetly not succesful.

2. We all end up miserable anyway at some point. True love won't help in every circumstance.

3. I take great pleasure in seeing the foul likes of your squishie kind favoring my face.

Edited by Artemis

1. Rarity is not rich. Her dream is to become rich and successful and move to Canterlot, but she is definetly not succesful.

2. We all end up miserable anyway at some point. True love won't help in every circumstance.

3. I take great pleasure in seeing the foul likes of your squishie kind favoring my face.

If owning your own clothing store that boasts clients like Sapphire Shores and Photo Finish is not successful by your definition, I would really like to know what is successful in your book. wink.png

Also your face could use some polish. You're looking a little tarnished there. laugh.png

Edited by Questio and Ashling
  • Brohoof 1

"Loneliness is the worst poverty" I'd take true love over a bunch of stupid cash anyday. Because who cares how rich you are if your going to be lonely because you won't have love and if you ever do it'll be for your cash probably anyways.

Billionare. Give me everything my love can get me.

I don't really give a half shit if I have to life my live in loneliness. If my family and my beloved can live financially secured, then it's all worth it. Hell, I would even agree to fund her marriage with whoever the lucky stallion she would pick if she wouldn't pick me thanks to the deal.

My happiness comes from both love and good cash. If by sacrificing love I can at least secure everyone's life and myself to boot, that would be a damn fine deal.

188787__safe_fluttershy_artist-uc77_mone

Edited by Starshine
  • Brohoof 1

I believe this memorable quote will answer OP quite profoundly.

"Fuck bitches, get money."

I doubt any of us can survive under poverty anyway.

so....if you choose love...and then you abuse your loved one...do they keep loving you? is this like...Djinni forced love here? and same with the money. if you give it all up to an orphanage in africa, do your funds replenish?

When I think about it like that, i'm not so sure i'd go for the love option. I'd feel like I was charmed, and not like the love was real. at least with the money i'd have the satisfaction of knowing I could change the world for the better.

I'm surprised so many people are going for money. wacko.png

To be honest, I would pick true love. Imagine living life in loneliness! :(

With no friends or anything, the money wouldn't be all that great. And besides, he said that you'd be miserable if you chose money. 

What's the point of having money if you don't enjoy life? 

I'm surprised so many people are going for money. img-1391018-1-wacko.png

To be honest, I would pick true love. Imagine living life in loneliness! :(

With no friends or anything, the money wouldn't be all that great. And besides, he said that you'd be miserable if you chose money.

What's the point of having money if you don't enjoy life?

Imagine living life in poverty. Now that's a downer.

As a loner myself, I actually feel content about it, but that's probably because as a teen I obviously don't feel any necessity to understand the benefit of a partnership.

And to you guys claiming charity, you're not off the hook. Greed and personal gain will get you faster than compassion and sympathy.

Edited by Myem

Imagine living life in poverty. Now that's a downer.

As a loner myself, I actually feel content about, but that's probably because as a teen I obviously don't feel any necessity to understand the benefit of a partnership.

And to you guys claiming charity, you're not off the hook. Greed and personal gain will get you faster than compassion and sympathy.

That's an awfully sad way to look at it, you know. I think it would be better to be happy and poor than to be miserable and rich. 

I'm a teenager too, and I don't really know much about love and stuff, but I would still prefer to be happy, even if it meant living in poverty. And the OP said you'd be miserable and lonely with no friends if you chose being rich, so it's not just about not having a partner. 

But you're entitled to opinion, and that's fine. (But I'd recommend you stop telling people that "they aren't off the hook". Kinda rude, if you ask me XD)

That's an awfully sad way to look at it, you know. I think it would be better to be happy and poor than to be miserable and rich. 

I'm a teenager too, and I don't really know much about love and stuff, but I would still prefer to be happy, even if it meant living in poverty. And the OP said you'd be miserable and lonely with no friends if you chose being rich, so it's not just about not having a partner. 

But you're entitled to opinion, and that's fine. (But I'd recommend you stop telling people that "they aren't off the hook". Kinda rude, if you ask me XD)

With money, you don't have to be miserable. I think that was just OP's personal interpretation of it. It's an OK philosophy to go by, but not to the extent where your lack of wealth severely limits your advantages and living conditions.

Spoken like a truly experienced person. Bravo, sir.

I was wondering about your point, myself. This question is a false dichotomy. It says with your love, you will never fight, but it will feel like your first love. The problem is that the first time one feels love, it is often mere infatuation. Now, you might never fight, but that's not to say you won't get bored with your love after the first week. And obviously, the other side of the coin says that you might just find love and riches at the same time.

This is not really a choice anyone can make an informed decision about. Choose love and you might regret the "love" who was given to you. Choose wealth and you might find it's very lonely at the top. What further complicates it is how people's tastes change over the years, so what you say now might not be even remotely the same, five years from now.

Besides... a Lamborghini is great to look at, but horrible to drive. Ever see those tiny little windows that are your only source of ventilation? That's a "hot" car in more ways than one. img-1388030-1-tongue.png

Yeah that's why I'd rather have the Porsche Panamera. Nothing like 4dr 4.8sec 0-60mph family sedan that makes driving on crack a sane idea. :P

• Brohoof 1

I would pick to be rich. Not because I'm cold and heartless - I'm not. I would love to have love, but I just shouldn't. Not with the way things are in my life. It wouldn't be fair to them. I might as well be rich, right? But I don't want to lose my friends... That makes it a rather terrible dilemma.