Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you a nerd ?

EP1C N3RD

If I'm not a nerd then America is fervently Communist, Africa is an economic leader and North Korea is full of happy, peace-loving hippies. Hell, nerdiness is practically in my genes; my dad's worked in IT for most of his adult life and is an excellent programmer, my mother isn't such a technophile but she still appreciates nerdy jokes and I've always been an avid reader, writer and video gamer. I play Warhammer 40k and D&D too and if they aren't considered nerdy I don't know what is. laugh.png

Yes i am a nerd and i am proud of it.I like:

Dinosaurs and extinct animals

Fantasy and Myth

RPG games

Video games

Science

Books

Star Wars

LOTR

Paranormal and stuff like that (except those which sound plain stupid like the chemtrail thing)

Documentaries

Horror stories

Learning new things

I hate

Twilight saga

High School Musical

Tween shows

Because of this,many consider me to be awkward,outdated and oldie and keep telling me i'll never have a girlfriend.But i just don't care.I am a nerd and i am proud of it

I am sorta a nerd at times, sometimes I am the clown and then I am nerd at times, I also like books and Pokemon and thing like that so I am sorta a nerd :3

• Brohoof 1

program op;
begin
 writeln('get on my level guise');
 readln;
end

Nah, a nerd is a person who is smart at something... and I definitelly am not smart at anyhting, so I guess I am not a nerd.

I am a nerd. I may be a girl, but I game a lot. I have an Xbox, and a 3DS. More recently I've been playing WoW. That game is super fun to me. All in all games are grrrreat! 

• Brohoof 2

Lets See:

Im 20, live at my parents house, while going to college. I collects coins, several trading cards, have an addiction to puzzle and word games, i watch a show fully intended to be watched by tweenage girls and their mothers, and also watch over 100 differant animes, and i have only had 1 girl-freind in my entire life.

Yes, im a nerd, and i am WELL at peace with it.

Edited by ResistenceXD0001

Since I was little I've always loved things like computers, electronics, video games, and that sort of stuff, but whereas simply liking those things made one a nerd when I was a kid, I think they've become much more accepted these days and now only those with a high level of knowledge of them would be considered nerds. Video game obsession isn't as stigmatized today as it was in the early 90s; I suppose more people realized that it wasn't any more a waste of time than vegetating in front of the TV and watching it all weekend.

Going by most people's accepted idea of the modern nerd, I suppose I qualify. Nobody should know as much about Star Trek as I do. Dialogue, continuity errors, technical specifications - you name it, I probably know it. The simple fact that I use Linux seems to be enough for most people who know what it is, and as you all know, simply liking MLP is enough to earn that appellation. I also never "grew out" of my love for gaming, though my tastes may have changed; whereas I was more into shooters and sims (flight, naval, etc.) when I was a kid, I prefer things a bit more relaxing these days (check out FTL).

Being a "nerd" isn't a point of embarrassment for me as I don't feel that there's anything abnormal about what I like. In fact, the things I listed above require that one think a bit unconventionally or keep an open mind. Nothing wrong with that.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, who here isn't a nerd? It seems like all bronies are into one thing or another that relates to the internet, video games, anime, or something along those lines.

Probably, Maybe, Yeah, I am.

Reasons Why:

I make very good grades (Yay!)

I am on the computer or Internet, 24/7.

I wear braces, (and used to wear glasses, know I wear contacts.)

I'm a big gamer, (POKEMON FTW.)

And finally...I'm in the dork/nerd group.

So....Ya.

• Brohoof 1

Am I a nerd? Well, let's see...

I'm a smart 13 year old girl who plays pokemon, reads avidly and gets good grades... 

Hehe, yeah, no doubt about it. I'm perfectly fine with it, though. I love being nerdy :P

After examining the entire thread, I would rather not have the former counterculture equivalent of a yellow badge associated with my name.

I don't wear glasses and therefore cannot possibly be a nerd. I am, however, an indisputable geek. I like computer games, Pokemon and MLP.

If you're regularly posting on an online message board, don't fool yourself; you're a nerd.

Yes, I am a nerd. I don't make any apologies about it either. I like the things that I like, and I don't like the things that I don't. I state the obvious on occasion, even. I like a lot of obscure music, I like cartoon shows aimed at little kids, I like rpg's, I like comic books, my job involves math formulas and inputting information into excel spread sheets, etc, etc. Most popular music today annoys me, as does a lot of fashion sense, popular mannerisms and slang. I also like sideburns, sole patches, jeans and t-shirts, and apparently those are all nerdy now, not alternative anymore. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

• Brohoof 1

I have no idea if I'm a nerd or not. I don't really think so... but here's a list of things about me anyways, and maybe you guys could tell me if I'm a nerd.

• I don't really care about my grades (so that would mean I'm not a nerd?)
  • I love video games
  • I love reading
  • I don't like anime though
  • I like ponies
  • I don't wear glasses

I'm pretty sure I'm not a nerd.

Edited by ~Chaotic Fireball~

Well, I'm kind of Doom "Video game" nerd sometimes,
Since i play it everyday, Mod it sometimes, Talk about it too much sometimes, some of my friends have to agree about it!

And i care about my grades too much sometimes.

Well, I'm bit of NERD!

Edited by ~Chaotic Vendetta~

Hmm well... I'm only in 10th grade and I'm studying Calculus and College level mechanical physics by self teaching myself, testing out of 1 math course over the summer and taking two AP tests that are both 3 years ahead of what I'm currently studying in math and physics...

So what I'm saying is I'm a nerd to the ultimate extremes of the observable universe :P Because I'm doing it for fun :P

Love video games

Know way more about Futurama, Dragon Ball, Batman and The Legend of Zelda than is probably healthy

Greatly enjoy musicals and sing songs from them frequently

Have glasses (apparently that's a requirement now)

I think that's a yes.

YES, Huge History nerd ( especially wars, weapons, technology etc, mostly form 1900 onwards)

I am teaching myself Russian over the summer.

I am also teaching myself about programming and other computer stuffs. 

You sir, are officially boss nerd. I like you! :D 

I, like this fine sir here, am also a gigantic history nerd. Wars, weapons, and all the various quests and whatnot that people did... That's right up my ally. :D I will be teaching myself German over the summer. I will also be trying to up my skills in computerness over the summer too. Again, I like this guy! :P 

I am also extremely into politics. It's actually quite entertaining to see... When some sort of political debate or something comes up on TV, me and my dad will plunk down on the couch and proceed to continually yell at the TV for the rest of the night. That's what a geek I am. Sue me. XD

• Brohoof 1

You sir, are officially boss nerd. I like you! biggrin.png

I, like this fine sir here, am also a gigantic history nerd. Wars, weapons, and all the various quests and whatnot that people did... That's right up my ally. biggrin.png I will be teaching myself German over the summer. I will also be trying to up my skills in computerness over the summer too. Again, I like this guy! tongue.png

I am also extremely into politics. It's actually quite entertaining to see... When some sort of political debate or something comes up on TV, me and my dad will plunk down on the couch and proceed to continually yell at the TV for the rest of the night. That's what a geek I am. Sue me. XD

I am actually in my 3rd year of German  I started my last year of middle school (8th) I really liked it the teacher was great, however these past 2 years have been disappointing, the Teacher at my High school is not as good as the middle school one.

I am also interested in politics, however I see many things from the eastern point of view.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a nerd my friends and i can play DnD and Magic for hours. I don't like video games much but when i do play i play: resident evil 1&2 only or oblivion

Nerd by definition just means you're smart in something that you take great interest in,. so if you weren't a nerd, that would make you upset I'd imagine.

To answer the question yes, I'm a nerd/smart in something I like.