Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you a nerd ?

EP1C N3RD

Quickly every nerd!!! Present a code you know!!

<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8"/>
<title>Hello there!</title>
</head>

<body>
<p>Hello every NERD!!!! How is everybody doing tonight. Me? Well I'm trying to see if I can get this code to work on this forum. Show me a code in any language you know.</p>
</body>
</html>

I wouldn't really count html as nerdy.  It's just a small formatting code.  

Anyways, as for myself. Yes, I am a nerd alright! Who else knows the RAM of an Atari 2600 wood-panel 6-switcher?

Why yes I am! In fact nerd is the one of the only 3 group identifiers I that I permit myself to be labeled by, the other two being atheist and brony. And it's a label that I wear proudly.

Indeed I am. I am very proud to be a nerd, hence I got a lot of books in my room(compared to Twilight Sparkle's books, I would have a VERY small collection). I would also like to include:

tumblr_m1ai4p3oGh1qc8hai.gif

I guess I am a nerd.  I am a Straight-A student, I love to roleplay, and I am a nerd when it comes to books, movies, and songs.  I am not a huge gamer, but I do like Halo and Minecraft.  So overall, yes I am a nerd.

I am a nerd. No doubt in my mind, and I love every moment of it! I play video games very often since I was a little kid with a SNES. My favorite comic is "The Death of Superman" (Not a DC fan, I just REALLY like that one book). I even used to go to tournaments for card games (Magic the Gathering more specifically). So yes, I am a nerd :)

I'm part nerd, part geek. Nerd in that I'm pretty obsessed with things like grades, books/computers, and knowledge. Geek in that I'm eccentric, am obsessed with ponies, and make things out of duct tape.

I'm also an engineering major. 

Other way around.

Nerd = Fandoms

Geek = Education

A nerd would say, "May the force be with you," and a geek would say, "Force=Mass x Acceleration."

(edited)

Hmm id associate myself more closely with the term "geek". A lot of people seem to get the nerd and geek stereotypes mixed up a lot of the time. 

Here's a really handy and rather awesome info graphic display the difference between the two species laugh.png

post-8423-0-53464500-1367681623_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy

(edited)

somewhat, though i wish i were moreso :P i play pathfinders, Dnd, both portals, tf2, minecraft/terraria, enjoy classic consoles, other tabletop games games like battletech, Call of Cthulhu, Dystopian wars, and Deathwatch. (cant wait for Kingdom Death!! x3 )

im mostly a country girl with bookworm tendencies though.

an art major, and math is my kryptonite xD

Here's a really handy and rather awesome info graphic display the difference between the two species

based on this i am most certainly a nerd xD <3 lmao. i am not cool/rich enough to be a geek :P Edited by SweetJeans88
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Other way around.

Nerd = Fandoms

Geek = Education

A nerd would say, "May the force be with you," and a geek would say, "Force=Mass x Acceleration."

Really? You're the first I've ever heard say that. Most of the time, the generally accepted meaning of nerd is one who is focused on more academic pursuits, whereas a geek is one who has eccentric hobbies. Then again, slang terms generally have no formal definitions, so I wouldn't be surprised if people use the terms interchangeably. 

Of course, there's always xkcd for both nerds and geeks biggrin.png

geeks_and_nerds.png

Tooltip: "The definitions I grew up with were that a geek is someone unusually into something (so you could have computer geeks, baseball geeks, theater geeks, etc) and nerds are (often awkward) science, math, or computer geeks. But definitions vary."

EDIT: link

Edited by Тwilight Sparkle
  • Brohoof 1

To be honest, not really. I like to play soccer and basketball, I also know anything happening right now in the European Football World, the few video games I play are Forza Horizon, Super Smash Bros(any of them), FIFA, I do care somewhat about how I look(I'm losing weight and getting cut atm, at the same time growing out my hair to give me a skater-ish look), I love post-hardcore and dubstep, I can talk trash very well, and I love being around girls. But I love Adventure Time and people know it. What people don't know is that I'm a Brony...

(edited)

Really? You're the first I've ever heard say that. Most of the time, the generally accepted meaning of nerd is one who is focused on more academic pursuits, whereas a geek is one who has eccentric hobbies. Then again, slang terms generally have no formal definitions, so I wouldn't be surprised if people use the terms interchangeably. 

Of course, there's always xkcd for both nerds and geeks img-1432640-1-biggrin.png

img-1432640-2-geeks_and_nerds.png

Tooltip: "The definitions I grew up with were that a geek is someone unusually into something (so you could have computer geeks, baseball geeks, theater geeks, etc) and nerds are (often awkward) science, math, or computer geeks. But definitions vary."

EDIT: link

I say this mainly because of Nerdfightaria. Nerdfightaria is a widespread fandom containing millions of people. It's a fandom built upon other fandoms.

To me, nerdiness is about your interests and what you're a fan of. If someone's a computer nerd, they're interested in computers. And if someone's a computer geek, then that means that they have a lot of knowledge about computers

Geek = Knowledgeable about it

Nerd = Interested in it (Or obsessed)

However, most of the time, if you are a nerd, you're also a geek and vice versa.

For example, if you are a Doctor Who nerd (Whovian), you're interested in Doctor Who. If you're interested in it, you probably also know a lot about it. Thus, you are also a Doctor Who geek.

For the most part, these terms are interchangeable. But if a person knows a lot about something, but isn't interested in it, then they are a geek, and if a person is interested in something that they don't know a lot about, then they're a nerd.

Edited by Appetite4Democracy

I say this because of Nerdfightaria. Nerdfightaria is a widespread fandom built upon other fandoms.

Geek = Education

Nerd = fandoms

I don't know about Nerdfightaria, but I can see how one might use those definitions. Tell you what--let's agree to disagree. The definitions are already ambiguous enough :)

I don't know about Nerdfightaria, but I can see how one might use those definitions. Tell you what--let's agree to disagree. The definitions are already ambiguous enough smile.png

I accidentaly posted that before finishing. I explained more and fixed a couple of mistakes, and I would appreciate if you read the finished post to see my point.

• Brohoof 1

I'd consider myself an average nerd, maybe a bit more. To my friends however, I'm probably the biggest one they've seen. I'm in to Star Trek, Doctor Who, X-Files, Sherlock... I also drop references often, which they don't get, but assume is from Star Trek. I may also act nerdier around my friends just to show that I am one. My 'above average' grades also contribute to my nerd level. I don't care at all that they think I'm a nerd, in fact I almost like it.

I identify myself as both geek and nerd and I love it completely! I love collecting stuff, getting random gadgets, gaming, programming, science-fiction, physics. The list goes on and on. I love knowing random trivia to the point where some might think I know everything about anything. I love to drop references from Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, random animes etc.

So yea, I am a nerd and a geek and I'm completely proud of it! I pity the fools that do not know such delight.

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

I like to identify myself more as a geek.

People wouldn't think I'd be fascinated with computers and ponies, that is, until I open my mouth.

Yes, and how! I love video games and loved them ever since I was four. I love science fiction and am currently enjoying "Fringe". I hate sports, exercise, and everything else men are supposed to like. Also 25 and never had a girlfriend. If that doesn't make me a nerd, I don't know what does.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not a nerd. I'm a geek :P (according to certain definitions)

I play Heroclix, have some interest in DND, been gaming since the age of 6 (started with an N64), absolutely love science fiction, despise exercising (except for occasional jogging/running to keep my lungs in a decent condition) and have 23 tracks from video game OSTs on my phone. I also watch Star Trek: The Next Generation and Doctor Who occasionally (if those really count.) But I dislike Renaissance Fairs. Historically innacurate for the most part.

Edited by Twilly F. Sniper

"Geeky" to the max. (Not so much nerd...)

I practically know everything about Legend of Zelda. Not so much for Pokemon, but enough to call me really well read. I also have a decent amount of knowledge of HTML coding.

Don't even get me started on superheroes...  :lol:

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy