Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you a nerd ?

EP1C N3RD

@@thor9356

You don't like Javascript? I like Python but I was taught Java at my school, so I'm use to that a lot more. Right now I'm trying to learn C++. I hear it's a lot easier.

Same for me, Python is awesome, I love Java-script and Java, and I'm learning regular C, Then probably C++.

I consider myself a nerd. I play games like Minecraft or Pokemon almost all day and when I'm not doing that I'm outside, on a forum, on a wiki, or doing stuff related to Homestuck/Doctor Who.

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY! I'M A NERD AND THAT'S OKAY!

Kinda, on some things, for instance I love technology, and would probably panic without a computer, but then again I also like doing things outdoors as well (hunting fishing etc) So it's kinda a 50/50 kinda thing! :blush: 

I guess you can call me a nerd, at least when it comes to music and band class.  I know almost everything about the band Rush, which is kinda a nerd band (at least in the 80s it was).  I also practice my trumpet a lot and study music theory independently for fun.  I also enjoy math a lot, even though I'm not even an advanced student when it comes to my age, but I might take HL Math at my school, which is equivalent to Calculus 2.

However, I don't watch anime.  In fact, My Little Pony is the only cartoon I watch.  And I don't read that often.  I also know almost nothing about computers.  Hearing all these people with their HTML codes make no sense to me.  I don't use the Internet often compared to most people on here do.  I only use the Internet for music on YouTube, homework, and of course MLP Forums.

How have I not posted in this topic before?

I am most certainly a nerd. It is the essence of my soul.

I play video games religiously, watch anime, read a ton of comics, I'm a novice programmer, I tend to latch on to little fads like memes, when something interests me I study on it such as philosophy and math, openly enjoy things that others say I shouldn't like MLP, furries and Barbie because a feckin' can... :lol:

I don't think it's possible for me to not be a nerd.

Edited by Discordian

I'm a nerd. I am obsessed about video games, movies, shows, anime, manga, comics, computers, hardware, technology, role playing, fake fighting, spending money on random stuff off of ebay and random chinese sites, and a guy who is obsessed about every kind of music besides rap. The only rap I like is japanese rap. I also like designing stuff and creating models. I hope to one day create my own website from html coding and program an awesome video game that was meant for an awesome game console that I make! But alas, I am just a freshmen and my dad refuses to teach me all of his coding genius. All of my friends are nerds too.

Edited by Judgement

I'm not just a nerd, I'm a nerd among nerds.  I'm a nerd in the following not-so-mainstream-nerd/geek subjects:

Philosophy

Law

The U.S. Supreme Court from the Burger to Early Rehnquist years

Opera (but Celestia help me if I'm ever forced to sing an aria)

French Language and Culture

And somewhat more mainstream nerdy/geeky:

Japanese Language and Culture (However I am no real fan of anime)

MLP:FiM

Chemistry

I guess you can call me a nerd, at least when it comes to music and band class.  I know almost everything about the band Rush, which is kinda a nerd band (at least in the 80s it was).  I also practice my trumpet a lot and study music theory independently for fun.  I also enjoy math a lot, even though I'm not even an advanced student when it comes to my age, but I might take HL Math at my school, which is equivalent to Calculus 2.

However, I don't watch anime.  In fact, My Little Pony is the only cartoon I watch.  And I don't read that often.  I also know almost nothing about computers.  Hearing all these people with their HTML codes make no sense to me.  I don't use the Internet often compared to most people on here do.  I only use the Internet for music on YouTube, homework, and of course MLP Forums.

Nice to see a non-stereotypical nerd every once in a while.  I actually wanted to get into computers, but I found my introductory CompSci class massively boring.  (I also wish they would teach programming language more like actual languages, where one learns the universals about programming languages and not just confine teaching to specific commands within a single language-- it feels like only learning from a phrasebook without encouraging actual internalization of meaning.)

Edited by JustFairness
  • Brohoof 1

If anyone's a nerd, I guess it'd be me.

Almost all I use for entertainment is video games, cartoons (Western and anime), and visual novels. I don't care much about movies and I don't read enough. I draw a lot even though I suck at it and my efforts are better spent writing. I can code decently and I have created a website for my family.

Edited by Kitsunin

If you consider going on the internet all weekend, listening to music, learning to code, and drawing literally anywhere what a nerd's supposed to be...then YES! Yup, once a nerd, always a nerd.  ;)

I'm a geek, not a nerd. Nerds focus on some sort of scientific discipline, geeks are more into sub-cultures. So if you're a brony, you're a a geek, not a nerd.

Umm, not to hurt anyone's feelings or ideas, but if you are a pony lover, technically that classifies you as a nerd. Nerds are the ones who love fandom stuff and want all the cards and stuff, and watch the episodes, and that stuff if you know what I mean.

Geeks are the ones who are all math and tech stuff. I thought it was the other way, but we had a debate and looked it up and I was wrong.

So in conclusion, yes I'm a nerd.