Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: Friendship is Satanic?

Rarity's Stallion

89 users have voted

1. 1. What is the author of this blog posting?

• A Religious Nutjob
    • A Satirist
    • A Parasprite

Hey, ponies. This is a blog posting I found in which somepony runs off a whole list of religious complaints she has regarding FiM. After reading it, I'm simply too appalled to decide for myself, so I'll let everypony else decide! Is this blog posting the work of a Religious Nutjob, a Satirist, or a Parasprite? Here is the link to the posting I'm referring to:

http://shelleytherepublican.com/2012/01/28/my-little-pony-friendship-is-satanic.aspx

Edited by Rarity's Stallion
  • Delighted Giggle 1

I had to lol at this

Warn your children away from older men who like My Little Pony – they are almost certainly pederasts or perverts. Explain to your kids that if they ever meet a “brony” they are to tell a responsible adult such as your pastor or a fellow church-going parent.

That's about the cruelist thing I've EVER been called. Talk about slander, this goes above and beyond. I know this website just likes trolling people thanks to WOT, but still, that's pretty hurtful.

Also, Veggie Tales sucked. 90% of the stuff on Cartoon Network is better than VT. Just my opinion.

EDIT: Don't mean to be hateful or anything, I can't say much more, I don't watch too much TV anymore, haah.

Edited by Kapi

I had to lol at this

That's about the cruelist thing I've EVER been called. Talk about slander, this goes above and beyond. I know this website just likes trolling people thanks to WOT, but still, that's pretty hurtful.

Also, Veggie Tales sucked. 90% of the stuff on Cartoon Network is better than VT. Just my opinion.

I grew up on Veggie Tales and loved it.

Jackson Hannan January 28th, 2012 5:38 PM

Wow, really? Satanic because of talking creatures? Would you prefer they be snakes? The name Faust is Satanic? It doesn’t portray Christianity? Oh how tragic that not everything on television refers to religion. Pegasi are pagan? So are most “Christian” traditions. Its communist? Really? I’m not sure if you’re a skilled troll or just full of bullshit. But I will love and tolerate you all the same :)

^This qoute from a commentor on the article is pretty much where I stand, atlhough I am fairly sure they are just trolling. If they are genuine in their beliefs then this is what I have to say

What? What is this?

As a conservative Christian, I find this site to be a vile, disgusting abomination of my beliefs. IMO, it was either made by someone who's plain nuts, or a very active anti-christian liberal person who was purposely making a strawman.

In fact, this is so far nuts, I'm having a very hard time believing the person who made this believed a word of this. It really it looks it's an actual insult to my own beliefs.

*Sigh*

Oh, the horrible, vile things that people do when given free speech...

Free speech, you're such a paradox...

We must have you, you're the epitome of freedom...

Yet you cause such trouble...

Though I would never, ever, even think of limiting it in any way, at times like this, a tiny seed of doubt enters my mind.

But then I kill it before it grows.

I grew up on Veggie Tales and loved it.

The opening song is going through my head right now XD

Kinda neutral. Didn't love or hate it. Thought they looked kinda odd, though, but still cute in an odd way.

Edited by EASA - Dr. Braun
  • Brohoof 6

I can laugh at how stupid this person is, that's no conservative, that's a far right winged person who's also a christian extremist

^This qoute from a commentor on the article is pretty much where I stand, atlhough I am fairly sure they are just trolling. If they are genuine in their beliefs then this is what I have to say

Lol, awesome video. I feel kinda sorry for the guy though, he sounds legitimately retarded...

I really can't stand how people get so self-righteous and "indignant" with religion. They're fools, and personally, using religion as a personal weapon for their own motives is more disgusting than outright attacking it. These are fools who use religion as a cover for themselves, just like the crusaders did, just like lots of people do in terrorist organizations. Just as an excuse to raise hate.

Heck, my response would be to fire Christianity back at them.

What is the first and greatest rule in Christianity?

There's Canon on that:

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

This is the first and great commandment.

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

Matthew 22:37-40

What does it mean to love God with everything?

"And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." Matthew 25:40

I mean, you may think that it may be indirect to love someone for someone else's sake, but Christ speaks directly as if he was the people that the "righteous" served. It even confuses them because Christ said they did things for him, which they actually did for others, not him.

Love. That's what it's all about. Love God by loving others, and love others.

I'm Mormon. When gays come protesting to our temples, we bring them cookies!

• Brohoof 5

just to be sure i had to seek out confirmation of the comment on WOT that this was satirical, checked their TOS and here it is;

4. You understand that by using the Web Site, including its Forums, comment pages and chats, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. If you feel offended by the content or parts of the content you have to leave. Str is strictly satirical, nothing on Str shall be taken seriously. If you are unable to comprehend this concept you are forbidden to view any website content. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Web Site, including its Forums.

at first i thought the article first listed might possibly be written by someone way off the deep end, (i've known some THAT dumb) then i saw the linux article and died laughing, i got better, but wow... some idiots are genuinely going to follow what this person is saying, and i'm not even joking, i seriously do know people that stupid.

i must also note though that i cannot stop this feeling that the exerpt i quoted above may simply be a bit of "cover your ass" so that an extremist could write and publish this without fear of recourse

just to be sure i had to seek out confirmation of the comment on WOT that this was satirical, checked their TOS and here it is;

Along with the one person who put it on the poll:

Called it!

i must also note though that i cannot stop this feeling that the exerpt i quoted above may simply be a bit of "cover your ass" so that an extremist could write and publish this without fear of recourse

No, it kinda strikes me as the hateful sort of thing people do...

I mean, I live in the south, I've seen, and been surrounded by lots of crazy so-called "Christian" extremists. I go to a "christian" school (and disagree with many of their beliefs...). I've seen some pretty extreme stuff, like a teacher who literally burned an expensive rug "because it had a demon in it", but even this website goes way too far for me to buy.

I have, however, seen people hateful and dishonest enough to do this sort of thing, and make a huge satirical site like that...

Take for example, this person is well-researched and smart enough to point out obscure bible verses, and yet ignore any possible non-literal meaning, and take the most extreme, unrealistic views possible?

Or point out one verse of a character talking silly, and call it satanic, yet ignore the overarching theme of love?

Or say that it's evil because it doesn't promote religion, yet ignore the fact that there's a God-like monarch in the show?

I could go on, really...

i know extremism at that level is really hard to "buy" but i spent a week (all i could muster without beating one particular homeschooled, alpha christy, extremist prick to within an inch of his life) at LeTourneau university in longview texas, thinking "i've lived around fundy idiots all my life, i can handle this." and i was WRONG! the level of stupidity that is supported and endorsed by much of the staff there (some were actually not complete idiots to the fact that many christians attending don't actually like hearing intolerant christian supremacist crap) and a fare share of the students is more than enough for me to say that there really are people stupid enough to believe the stuff in this websites articles.

(for the record i was raised baptist/methodist, and would count myself as a christ tilted agnostic, but that topic is already on another thread)

Excuse me while I barf. People like this are bucking disgusting... Did you read the other blog posts??? I'm Christian and... WTF is this

• Brohoof 1

if you read the one on murder, the humour seems a bit more open, less dry, that or this person is genuinely batshit insane and worth less than the 50 cents for a bullet, well .04 to .75 pending the selection, potentially up to $5... huh, maybe i should stop comparing the value of people to the cost of ammo, it starts getting complicated when i factor a collection.

Troll, no doubt about it. This isn't the first satirical site masquerading as a religious agenda to exist (GodAgainst____ sites for example) and it certainly won't be the last. And, as with those sites, half the fun is pointing out both the stretches made to somehow connect to actual quotes from the bible or the times the writer in question purposely fudged their facts in order to try (miserably I might add) to prove their point. Take this for example:

"As everybody knows, Man (created in God’s image) is the only life on earth born with a soul, and capable of moral reasoning. To suggest that ponies might also have souls undermines the entire basis of the Christian Bible."

With that logic, every children's show that uses animals as main characters is satanic or sinful. FAIL.

Edited by PoisonClaw

LOL that was hilarious.

But yeah, some people are just religious nutjobs (trolls?). Have you ever seen the guys on Westboro Baptist Church? XD

Am I the only one that called shenanigans just by seeing the URL title?

But seriously, PLEASE tell me the author of this is just trolling! I mean, just look at THIS!

The show is created by a young woman named Lauren Faust – if that names seems familiar to you it should be: According to legend, Faust was the name of the person who sold his soul to the devil in return for great wealth and power. It’s highly probable that Satan has chosen Ms Faust to be his modern-day emissary of evil. The signs are clear.

.........WHAT? It all boils down to LAUREN'S NAME?!?!?!