Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Harmonic Revelations

Unofficial MLP Forums Census

With your host, Harmonic Revelations

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments that are not addressed below, please post. Discussion of the census itself also belongs in this thread.

What is this?

What is this? Well I'm glad you asked, hypothetical user that only exists in the darkest crevices of my mind. This is an unofficial census that I hope to do yearly in order to see shifts of opinion and standing in the community, particularly here on the forums. The questions cover a wide variety of topics and provide plenty of choices. If it's a question with another possible answer, I will have included the "other" option, wherein you can specify your beliefs via comment.

Every year, voting will start on April 15th, and end on May 1st. After that point, I'm going to tally the results, and generally catalog this data. The data will be posted here. Next year, the same thing will happen. Data will be sorted by year below.

This is in essence an extension of my attempt to bring the forums closer together, as I did with my interview series. Through this, we can create a more tightly-knit and friendlier community.

Why is there a thread?

Since I'm hoping to do this every year, it is much easier on my part if there is a thread to compile the results into, furthermore, it spreads the exposure of the census itself to the users, providing more votes and thus more precise and accurate results. This thread also exists in case you have any questions, comments, or concerns, or just want to talk about the census itself.

Another reason for this is that as you may have guessed it's a way more organized way to conduct the census.

Where can I participate?

Right here (Poll is already closed for this year), it's completely anonymous. Voting starts April 15th and ends May 1st. At the time of this thread's creation, voting has just started. There are no special requirements to participate, if you're here, then you are eligible to participate in the census.

What will the results be used for?

The results will be kept anonymous, however, the actual percentages and numbers may ,for example, be used in a research paper about wealth distribution on the forums. This can be a useful resource, and since this is planned to be done yearly, it will always be up to date information.

As you can probably guess, this will be invaluable to those reporting on our forums, and can just generally lead to a deeper understanding of each other.

Results will be tallied and posted in this thread on May 1st.

Census Results by Year:

2013:

Which of the following do you support (check all that apply)?
  1. Gay Marriage (58 votes [29%])

2. Legal Narcotics (28 votes [14%])

3. Researching Clean Energy (62 votes [31%])

4. Animal Rights (54 votes [27%])

5. None of the above (2 votes [1%])

How many people besides yourself live with you?
  1. 0 (1 votes [2%])

2. 1 (8 votes [11%])

3. 2 (23 votes [30%])

4. 3 (26 votes [33%])

5. 4 (16 votes [21%])

6. Other (Specify in post) (5 votes [7%])

Do you play sports (And how often)?
  1. All the time (4 votes [6%])

2. Often (5 votes [7%])

3. Sometimes (30 votes [38%])

4. Never (39 votes [50%])

5. Other (Specify) (1 votes [2%])

Have you ever attended Bronycon and do you attend regularly?
  1. I attend regularly (2 votes [3%])

2. I have attended before, but not regularly. (1 votes [2%])

3. I have not attended Bronycon. (76 votes [97%])

Do you support gun control?
  1. Yes (25 votes [32%])

2. No (27 votes [35%])

3. Maybe (25 votes [32%])

4. Other (Specify in post) (2 votes [3%])

What economic standing are you in?
  1. I'm in the 1% (2 votes [3%])

2. Upper Class (5 votes [7%])

3. Middle Class (63 votes [80%])

4. Lower Class (8 votes [11%])

5. Other (Specify in Post) (1 votes [2%])

How often do you use this site?
  1. As often as possible (29 votes [37%])

2. Very often (36 votes [46%])

3. Often (6 votes [8%])

4. Sometimes (4 votes [6%])

5. Infrequently (4 votes [6%])

Are you satisfied with the site's staff team?

1. Yes (66 votes [84%])

2. Somewhat (9 votes [12%])

3. No (4 votes [6%])

4. Other (Specify in Post) (0 votes [0%])

Would you be interested in participating in future census of this type?
  1. Yes (61 votes [78%])

2. No (1 votes [2%])

3. Possibly (17 votes [22%])

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 6

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome results, I guess the results do not surprise me or anything. I would say that the results are what many would have expected, although I'm surprised that some wouldn't support anything in the first question.. lol Also, 97% have not attended bronycon, well not like it surprises me. This was a nice census or poll. I'm still surprised, that I was the only one not so interested in participating in a future census. Although now that I think of it, I would be ready to take another in the future, I was lazy when I did it. Still funny being the 2% yay!~ lol

• Brohoof 1

Awesome results, I guess the results do not surprise me or anything. I would say that the results are what many would have expected, although I'm surprised that some wouldn't support anything in the first question.. lol Also, 97% have not attended bronycon, well not like it surprises me. This was a nice census or poll. I'm still surprised, that I was the only one not so interested in participating in a future census. Although now that I think of it, I would be ready to take another in the future, I was lazy when I did it. Still funny being the 2% yay!~ lol

I agree, the results were not all that surprising. I am planning to add more questions next year since I now have confidence it will garner a decent number of participants.

• Brohoof 2