Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wifi and Site Loading Problems

skysweep
Go to solution Solved by Marcato,

Hi. I have this problem recently. Whenever i try to load this site using a normal wifi modem, it takes extremely long to load and only loads the site in a string of hyperlinks. Yet somehow it loads other sites with ease. But when i switch to using my smartphone's 3G hotspot, everything is back to normal. I really want to isolate the problem, so it can be fixed. is it:

1. Computer reception to modems (Only was able to test on Chrome OS or Mac, neither works)

2. mlpforums response to modems

3. Something really wrong with my browser (I use chrome, updated to the latest version as of writing)

etc....(Something else?)

Thanks for hearing me out.

• Brohoof 1

Are you sharing use of the modem at all?

If so then it's probably because the more people you have using it, then the slower it will be.

If not then it's not much for me to go on, but perhaps it could be a loading issue with your modem, if similar sites to MLP Forums load fine then I have nothing really to go on.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hi. I have this problem recently. Whenever i try to load this site using a normal wifi modem, it takes extremely long to load and only loads the site in a string of hyperlinks. Yet somehow it loads other sites with ease. But when i switch to using my smartphone's 3G hotspot, everything is back to normal. I really want to isolate the problem, so it can be fixed. is it:

1. Computer reception to modems (Only was able to test on Chrome OS or Mac, neither works)

2. mlpforums response to modems

3. Something really wrong with my browser (I use chrome, updated to the latest version as of writing)

etc....(Something else?)

Thanks for hearing me out.

The first thing you should do, is clear your cache by going to google chrome's advanced settings and clicking "clear browsing data..." From there select "Empty the cache" and "Delete cookies and other site plug-in data." You'll have to login again, but it's a small price to pay for a potential fix. smile.png

This should hopefully fix the problem. If it doesn't, try using a different browser just to be certain, such as Firefox. Better safe than sorry after all.

If all else fails, just give it some time. There are a number of bugs that tend to be temporary for whatever reason and vanish a day or two later. (I've personally experienced them once or twice, including what you're getting right now.)

EDIT: Oh! I almost forgot! If your phone supports it, you can use your phone as a wifi hotspot in a way. If you were to do this, you could check and see whether or not it's your modem causing the problem, or if it's your computer/browser. If your phone is an android phone (smart phone other than iPhone) it should be able to do this. ;)

Edited by Silver Marcato
  • Brohoof 2

If your phone is an android phone (smart phone other than iPhone) it should be able to do this. ;)

IPhone 4S can set up a Hotspot, in case anyone doesn't know.

• Brohoof 1

But when i switch to using my smartphone's 3G hotspot, everything is back to normal.

EDIT: Oh! I almost forgot! If your phone supports it, you can use your phone as a wifi hotspot in a way. If you were to do this, you could check and see whether or not it's your modem causing the problem, or if it's your computer/browser. If your phone is an android phone (smart phone other than iPhone) it should be able to do this.

I believe this has already been tried.

Anyways, as Marcato said you might want to try a different browser.

I'm not sure what your problem could be but you can try doing a dns flush.

1. Press the windows/start button.

2. Search for cmd

3. Rightclick on cmd.exe and chose "Run as Administrator"

4. Type ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter.

5. Shut down your computer then restart your router. When the router is on, turn on your computer.

6. Try go on the forums now. If it doesn't work do step 7.

7. Go to cmd again and type ping www.mlpforums.com take a screenshot and post it here.

• Brohoof 2

Thanks for all the help. I fixed the problem by resetting the modem in a very forceful way. unplugging every wire connected to it and waiting a while before plugging everything back in seemed (albeit strangely) to do the trick.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks for all the help. I fixed the problem by resetting the modem in a very forceful way. unplugging every wire connected to it and waiting a while before plugging everything back in seemed (albeit strangely) to do the trick.

Alright then! If the problem is solved I guess that brings this thread to an end. smile.png Glad to see it was so easily fixed! (More or less.)

Thread locked! ;)

Edited by Silver Marcato
  • Brohoof 1