Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mary-Sue Test

Stary Dreams

I took the shorter test and this is what I got:

Meadow Leaf is only a little like you. He is not at all cool; in fact, he thinks cool is a temperature reading, and when he says "Oh, I just put on whatever old thing's lying around," he means "on the floor, where I threw it last night - but I turned the underwear inside out first." There's never been anything special about him that he could see; boy, is he in for a surprise. He's got no emotional scars to speak of. And he's gotten no slack from you. 

In general, you care deeply about Meadow Leaf, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Meadow Leaf is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him. 

Score Breakdown 
Mirror, Mirror: I Love Him, I Let Him Go 9 
Beware the Monks of Cool: He's The Anti-Cool 2 
'Tis Your Destiny: Plain Joe 2 
Oh, the Trauma: Healthy as a Horse 0 
Momma Loves Me Best: Momma HATES Him! 0 
Total: 13

Defiant Defender is nothing like you. He is not at all cool; in fact, he thinks cool is a temperature reading, and when he says "Oh, I just put on whatever old thing's lying around," he means "on the floor, where I threw it last night - but I turned the underwear inside out first." He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's got no emotional scars to speak of. And he's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Defiant Defender, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Defiant Defender is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him.

Score Breakdown

Mirror, Mirror: Do I Know This Guy? 3

Beware the Monks of Cool: He's The Anti-Cool 0

'Tis Your Destiny: I'm Destined For What? 5

Oh, the Trauma: Healthy as a Horse 2

Momma Loves Me Best: Momma HATES Him! 0

Total: 10

He's a unicorn. Who's (virtually) immune to magic.

I'm being hilariously vague by not telling you his fatal flaw. But now you know that he DOES have a fatal flaw, so have fun guessing!

I did the short test, as the link to the longer one was broken.

I'm pretty happy with this. :yay: Here's the results:

Midnight Frost isn't a character: he's you, or you as you'd like to be. He isn't really very cool: he blends into crowds, he hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes him run into things. He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's got no emotional scars to speak of. And he's gotten no slack from you. 

In general, you care deeply about Midnight Frost, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Midnight Frost is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him. 

Score Breakdown 
Mirror, Mirror: Mirror, Mirror 26 
Beware the Monks of Cool: You Mean Plaid Is Out? 9 
'Tis Your Destiny: I'm Destined For What? 5 
Oh, the Trauma: Healthy as a Horse 0 
Momma Loves Me Best: Momma HATES Him! 0 
Total: 40

**** is nothing like you. She is not at all cool; in fact, she thinks cool is a temperature reading, and when she says "Oh, I just put on whatever old thing's lying around," she means "on the floor, where I threw it last night - but I turned the underwear inside out first." She always knew she was special, destined for great things - and probably made sure everyone else knew it too. She's had a rough life - to say the least! Angst? Histronics? Her speciality. And she's gotten no slack from you. 

In general, you care deeply about ****, but you're smart enough to let her stand on her own, without burdening her with your personal fantasies or propping her up with idealization and over-dramatization. **** is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of her. 

Scorpion is only a little like you. He isn't really very cool: he blends into crowds, he hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes him run into things. He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's come in for his share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And he's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Scorpion, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Scorpion is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him.

Score Breakdown

Mirror, Mirror: I Love Him, I Let Him Go 5

Beware the Monks of Cool: You Mean Plaid Is Out? 7

'Tis Your Destiny: I'm Destined For What? 8

Oh, the Trauma: Can't Complain 6

Momma Loves Me Best: Momma HATES Him! 0

Total: 26

Wouldn't say it's 100% accurate, but I suppose I'm on the right track at least xD

I give props to this test it knows that Snowflake is based on me but its telling me thats a bad thing and I need to give a character that is based on me his own personality apart from mine... well fuck you test...Oh yeah I scored a 69 on it (the shorter test) so that cant be good, or maybe its good, hell if I know.

Koukatsu isn't a character: he's you, or you as you'd like to be. He may be popular, or he may not, but no matter what he's impossible to ignore; he stands out... just the way you always wanted to. There's never been anything special about him that he could see; boy, is he in for a surprise. He's come in for his share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And you've been sparing with the free handouts: whatever he gains, he's worked for.

You may have let yourself get a little too close to Koukatsu. Maybe he's you as you wish you were, or maybe you're just afraid no one will like him and are trying to give him a free ride. Have some confidence in your writing! Koukatsu is a good character. Give him room to be himself before you stifle him.

Score Breakdown

Mirror, Mirror: Mirror, Mirror 33

Beware the Monks of Cool: Yo! 11

'Tis Your Destiny: Plain Joe 0

Oh, the Trauma: Can't Complain 4

Momma Loves Me Best: Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child 7

Total: 55

Nebula is suspiciously similar to you as you'd like to be. He isn't really very cool: he blends into crowds, he hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes him run into things. There's never been anything special about him that he could see; boy, is he in for a surprise. He's got no emotional scars to speak of. And he's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Nebula, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Nebula is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him.

Score Breakdown Mirror, Mirror: He's Got My Nose 13

Beware the Monks of Cool: You Mean Plaid Is Out? 6

'Tis Your Destiny: Plain Joe 1

Oh, the Trauma: Healthy as a Horse 0

Momma Loves Me Best: Momma HATES Him! 2

Total: 22

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Leave a Whisper said:

I had to take a different test because the link didn't work.

She is 23% Mary-Sue and could use some spicing up, but overall not bad.

What different test did you used? 'Cause the link in the OP isn't working for me, either?

1 hour ago, Leave a Whisper said:

Mary Sue Test on gotoquiz

Thanks. It said my OC is 20% Mary Sue (good). But the questions could have been better (bad).

• Brohoof 1

I tried the links but neither of them worked. Then I tried the one listed just above, but I must have done it wrong. My score was off the charts for a character who's the most clumsy, bumbling nincompoop of all time. Oh well. :pout:

On 5/11/2017 at 9:01 AM, Pixel Dusk said:

Good heavens! Is the person who came up with this test trying to label every conceivable character arc or personality trait as problematic? :blink: 

I've read novels shorter than this list.

Perhaps fanfiction--if not literature in general--is not for you, dear.

Anyway--I've tried pretty hard to make sure my characters are not Mary-Sues. I chose rather dull colors for their coats (brown, tan, gray, etc.), they have realistic flaws (in fact, two of them are kind of assholes), and only one of them has any special powers/unusual features.

I'm not going to post my OCs names or describe their personality traits or physical appearance; I'm pretty protective of them.

On 5/11/2017 at 5:01 PM, Pixel Dusk said:

I've done this one with a lot of my characters and I generally get low scores, except for one character I created when i was younger, who was a horrible Gary Stu even then, and who I've since worsened because sometimes it's just fun to write a story about an all-powerful character who is a tremendous asshole.

Haven't used it for any pony OCs for the simple reason I have none.