Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mary-Sue Test

Stary Dreams

Tried with one of my older, dragon OCs.  He's not a mary sue at all (or in this case, gary stu). :lol:

Score Breakdown 
I Love Him, I Let Him Go 4 
He's The Anti-Cool 3 
Plain Joe 1 
Healthy as a Horse 0 
Momma HATES Him! 0 
Total: 8 

"Hollow Aegis is nothing like you. He is not at all cool; in fact, he thinks cool is a temperature reading, and when he says "Oh, I just put on whatever old thing's lying around," he means "on the floor, where I threw it last night - but I turned the underwear inside out first." He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's got no emotional scars to speak of. And he's gotten no slack from you. 

In general, you care deeply about Hollow Aegis, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Hollow Aegis is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him. "

Do I Know This Guy? 3 
He's The Anti-Cool 3 
I'm Destined For What? 11 
Healthy as a Horse 2 

Momma HATES him! 0

Total: 19 

Not bad. I'm happy with this.  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Here's a character from one of my fanfics.

Wes is only a little like you. He is not at all cool; in fact, he thinks cool is a temperature reading, and when he says "Oh, I just put on whatever old thing's lying around," he means "on the floor, where I threw it last night - but I turned the underwear inside out first." He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's got no emotional scars to speak of. And he's gotten no slack from you. 

In general, you've kept yourself a goodly distance from Wes and given him plenty of room - maybe a little too much. Don't distance yourself so far from Wes that you stop caring what happens to him. 

Score Breakdown 

I Love Him, I Let Him Go 8 
He's The Anti-Cool 1 
I'm Destined For What? 3 
Healthy as a Horse 0 
Momma HATES Him! 0 
Total: 12 

This is from a fanfic that's ongoing, I have plenty of time to finish it. It's always good to experiment different characters traits. 

Edited by Trekkard

For my OC.

She's Got My Nose 20 
She's The Anti-Cool 3 
I'm Destined For What? 6 
Can't Complain 3 
Momma HATES Her! 0 
Total: 32 

Out of a possible total of 257, I'd say that's not too bad. And people think all alicorns are Mary Sues :P And I argue that had she not started out as an avatar for me and I'd made her a character with a back story from the beginning, that number would be a lot lower for having fewer points under resemblance.

Well, I knew that Thunder Dash would be a Mary-Sue. The thing is, I could use him as if he were just a regular pony, but with abilities that anyone of his species does not. Thunder scored a 39.

As for the others. 

I was surprised by Choco Delight's results, as I thought she would fall right in the middle as a common-pony. However, she scored a 7.

For Melody Breeze, I made her fit in perfectly with a score of 14. 

These are just some of my OCs. 

Stardust is suspiciously similar to you as you'd like to be. He may be popular, or he may not, but no matter what he's impossible to ignore; he stands out... just the way you always wanted to. He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's got no emotional scars to speak of. And he's gotten no slack from you. In general, you care deeply about Stardust, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Stardust is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him. 

Stardust (DJ Subsonic/Subsonic Rainboom)

damn i got a high score only because he is actually ME.. i mean... i made my Ponysona is that so bad? i got 32 but without the "mirror mirror mirror" stuf i got 13...

@@Stary Dreams

I was able to get the second one but the first one the link wasn't working right.I want to see what the other one will come up with

But I used my oc fire sharp whose a unicorn and a military officer

Fire Sharp is nothing like you. She is not at all cool; in fact, she thinks cool is a temperature reading, and when she says "Oh, I just put on whatever old thing's lying around," she means "on the floor, where I threw it last night - but I turned the underwear inside out first." There's never been anything special about her that she could see; boy, is she in for a surprise. She's had more than her fair share of hard knocks, and probably spends more time than she ought moaning about it. And she's gotten no slack from you. 

In general, you've kept yourself a goodly distance from Fire Sharp and given her plenty of room - maybe a little too much. Don't distance yourself so far from Fire Sharp that you stop caring what happens to her. 

Score Breakdown 
Do I Know This Guy? 0 
She's The Anti-Cool 2 
Plain Jane 0 
Angst R Us 10 
Momma HATES Her! 0 
Total: 12

This was mine:

Blue Blur is suspiciously similar to you as you'd like to be. He is not at all cool; in fact, he thinks cool is a temperature reading, and when he says "Oh, I just put on whatever old thing's lying around," he means "on the floor, where I threw it last night - but I turned the underwear inside out first." There's never been anything special about him that he could see; boy, is he in for a surprise. He's got no emotional scars to speak of. And he's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Blue Blur, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Blue Blur is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him.

Score Breakdown
He's Got My Nose 13
He's The Anti-Cool 1
Plain Joe 0
Healthy as a Horse 0
Momma HATES Him! 0
Total: 14

Myopia Oncler is suspiciously similar to you as you'd like to be. He isn't really very cool: he blends into crowds, he hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes him run into things. He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's come in for his share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And he's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Myopia Oncler, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Myopia Oncler is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him.

Score Breakdown
He's Got My Nose 14
You Mean Plaid Is Out? 8
I'm Destined For What? 4
Can't Complain 3
Momma HATES Him! 0
Total: 29

Lautrec is only a little like you. He may be popular, or he may not, but no matter what he's impossible to ignore; he stands out... just the way you always wanted to. There's never been anything special about him that he could see; boy, is he in for a surprise. He's come in for his share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And he's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Lautrec, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Lautrec is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him.

Score Breakdown
I Love Him, I Let Him Go 10
Yo! 10
Plain Joe 0
Can't Complain 8
Momma HATES Him! 3
Total: 31

Myopia and 'Lautrec the Embraced'. 

I Love Her, I Let Her Go 6 
She's The Anti-Cool 3 
I'm Destined For What? 4 
Healthy as a Horse 1 
Momma HATES Her! 3 
Total: 17 

Riddle is only a little like you. She is not at all cool; in fact, she thinks cool is a temperature reading, and when she says "Oh, I just put on whatever old thing's lying around," she means "on the floor, where I threw it last night - but I turned the underwear inside out first." She may have sometimes thought that she was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. She's got no emotional scars to speak of. And she's gotten no slack from you. 

In general, you care deeply about Riddle, but you're smart enough to let her stand on her own, without burdening her with your personal fantasies or propping her up with idealization and over-dramatization. Riddle is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of her. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow that kinda made my day

a bit given she is a unicorn

and such which means yah she

has the "magic" and such but

i like my oc's to have flaws

and such that gives them room

to grow and such in any story

or role play.

Sparkling Blue is nothing like you. She is not at all cool; in fact, she thinks cool is a temperature reading, and when she says "Oh, I just put on whatever old thing's lying around," she means "on the floor, where I threw it last night - but I turned the underwear inside out first." There's never been anything special about her that she could see; boy, is she in for a surprise. She's got no emotional scars to speak of. And she's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you've kept yourself a goodly distance from Sparkling Blue and given her plenty of room - maybe a little too much. Don't distance yourself so far from Sparkling Blue that you stop caring what happens to her.

Score Breakdown
Do I Know This Guy? 2
She's The Anti-Cool 1
Plain Jane 1
Healthy as a Horse 2
Momma HATES Her! 2
Total: 8

"Cloakerin is only a little like you. He is not at all cool; in fact, he thinks cool is a temperature reading, and when he says "Oh, I just put on whatever old thing's lying around," he means "on the floor, where I threw it last night - but I turned the underwear inside out first." He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's got no emotional scars to speak of. And he's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Cloakerin, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Cloakerin is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him. "

Score Breakdown

I Love Him, I Let Him Go 10

He's The Anti-Cool 0

I'm Destined For What? 5

Healthy as a Horse 0

Momma HATES Him! 0

Total: 15

And this is for an earth pony with lightning powers, yeah weird.

I've actually been on the fence about doing a formal introduction of my oc and roleplaying with him because of powers.

I mostly write him into slice of life scenarios and I've given him no connections to any of the cannon ponies.

So this test did at least make me want try and I won't be bothered about if I've given him a somewhat decent personality.

I hope that I didn't jump to conclusions because he still might not get received well.

Edited by CloakerJest

I took the test and I got 29... not too bad. It said that the personality was in essence "me", instead of "an ideal version of me". (which works out great because it was supposed to essentially be me as a pony anyways, not some other personality :muffins:

That's a pretty neat test anyways.

Here's mine. my OC is pretty much me, though I have no art or anything  or even a consistent colour scheme or gender, lol. Only thing consistent is she/he's a Pegasus

Flare Runner is only a little like you. She isn't really very cool: she blends into crowds, she hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes her run into things. There's never been anything special about her that she could see; boy, is she in for a surprise. She's got no emotional scars to speak of. And she's gotten no slack from you. 

In general, you care deeply about Flare Runner, but you're smart enough to let her stand on her own, without burdening her with your personal fantasies or propping her up with idealization and over-dramatization. Flare Runner is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of her. 

Score Breakdown 
I Love Her, I Let Her Go 8 
You Mean Plaid Is Out? 7 
Plain Jane 0 
Healthy as a Horse 0 
Momma HATES Her! 2

Total: 17

Edited by ~Daring Dash~

Suntouched Coco (She's a madafakin ponysona so surprise surprise..)

Mirror, Mirror 26
You Mean Plaid Is Out? 8
Hey, Wanna See My Crown-Shaped Birthmark? 14
Healthy as a Horse 0
Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child 4
Total: 52

Melting Ice

Do I Know This Guy? 3
You Mean Plaid Is Out? 9
I'm Destined For What? 6
Can't Complain 5
Momma HATES Her! 0
Total: 23

Slimy

Do I Know This Guy? 0
You Mean Plaid Is Out? 9
I'm Destined For What? 8
Can't Complain 4
Momma HATES Him! 3
Total: 24

The first link didn't work, but the second one from Pripyat was great! I got this result after answering honestly about Sterling Crimson, which is very true! :D

Sterling Crimson isn't a character: he's you, or you as you'd like to be. He isn't really very cool: he blends into crowds, he hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes him run into things. He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's got no emotional scars to speak of. And he's gotten no slack from you. 

In general, you care deeply about Sterling Crimson, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Sterling Crimson is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him.

Callisto's legit.

Callisto is only a little like you. He may be popular, or he may not, but no matter what he's impossible to ignore; he stands out... just the way you always wanted to. There's never been anything special about him that he could see; boy, is he in for a surprise. He's come in for his share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And you've been sparing with the free handouts: whatever he gains, he's worked for. 

In general, you care deeply about Callisto, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Callisto is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him. 

Score Breakdown 
I Love Him, I Let Him Go 8 
Yo! 12 
Plain Joe 0 
Can't Complain 4 
Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child 9 
Total: 33

HeatWave is suspiciously similar to you as you'd like to be. He is not at all cool; in fact, he thinks cool is a temperature reading, and when he says "Oh, I just put on whatever old thing's lying around," he means "on the floor, where I threw it last night - but I turned the underwear inside out first." He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's got no emotional scars to speak of. And he's gotten no slack from you. 

In general, you care deeply about HeatWave, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. HeatWave is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him. 

Score Breakdown 
He's Got My Nose 13 
He's The Anti-Cool 2 
I'm Destined For What? 4 
Healthy as a Horse 0 
Momma HATES Him! 1 
Total: 20

Yup, He's suspiciously similar to me...that's the way I intended it. And yet, were not the exact same person...

Sweet

and from the test staticelectricity posted:

5-16 Points

Fanfiction & MMO/RPG/Original Fiction: Very low chance your character is a Mary Sue. Usually a very safe range to be in.

This is all awesome. I was honestly worried about it because it's a pegasi that has a one of a kind sonic rainboom and flies at speeds like RD and LD...so I basically did everything in my power to dumb him down while creating him...and the tests show it. xD

Als, yes, I am too lazy to change my formatting. Sue me. :P (no pun intended)

Edited by Daring Bat

• 1 year later...

Forgot my first result running through one of my ocs, but it was a low number, so I went through again and highlighted every single thing that might be BORDERLINE yes, and still got a 20.

Well Shiz. And here I thought Nixran "The Bulwark/Dragon's Fist" Ironhide was a Mary Sue...

Apparently having a >Half-dragon half-Pegasus< OC wasnt bad. I verified a LOT of texts, and went through 4 seperate Mary Sue tests to check him...

and he's apparently a borderline anti-sue.

Maybe that's a sign I should not have removed his resistance (Not Immunity) to magic.

There's one more I have to test it, and guys, this is a big, long one, but it's a freaking beast at hammering EVERY SINGLE point that might make you a Mary Sue.

http://www.springhole.net/writing/marysue.htm

Is the link.

200 questions, and leaves nothing out. Even has about 30 de-Sueifiers at the end.

Long, and worth it. It's universal.

For mlp ocs, make sure you look at the questions in context of the mlp verse

Guys. Guys. I found this better test here: http://springhole.net/writing/marysue.htm

Pay close attention to the rules though.

Oh I just posted that, too. Lol

I also really need to think of some weaknesses Nixran has. He's not, nor has ever been completely immune to magical attacks, and.....

Really should take this to a character discussion

Edited by DarkDark5p