Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Man dies after playing League of Legends for 23 hours

Legit101

Is it wrong to say it's a shame he didn't make that last hour to complete a full day?

:lol:

I think it's somewhat wrong, but still amusing.

say what you want, but ponies do NOT fit to be prancing around EVERYWHERE.

I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. Ponies are always welcome around me.

Hmmm. Even if I love something, I don't wanna do it for 23 hours straight.

I could make out with my girl for hours...but at some point I'm gonna push her way age get a sammich. Hey, I love her but for 23 hours straight? I'll be needing the TV, and taking naps, and woman: get in the kitchen and make me a sammich! (and I'm not an ogre, she can make herself one too.)

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm. Even if I love something, I don't wanna do it for 23 hours straight.

I could make out with my girl for hours...but at some point I'm gonna push her way age get a sammich. Hey, I love her but for 23 hours straight? I'll be needing the TV, and taking naps, and woman: get in the kitchen and make me a sammich! (and I'm not an ogre, she can make herself one too.)

Hey, after 23 hours, you better make her a sammich!

Hm. It's sad that he died that way. Yeah, he could have taken better care of himself given that he had a known heart condition, but he's not alive to blame. I remember the days where I'd play Pokemon Red on my old ass Gameboy (it looked like a green brick). I'd play it from the moment I woke up to the instant I fell asleep, non-stop. I felt like crap the next day, so I implemented food, bathroom, and nap breaks during my hardcore gaming sessions. This continued on with other games as I got older.

But yeah. Take breaks during your gaming sessions. Take care of yourself. Write that to Celestia.

Reading the actual article, it sounds more like his heart gave out for a different reason. LoL probably deprived him of the necessary sleep, but one day without sleep wouldn't kill you. If anything it's a secondary cause, if a cause at all.

I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. Ponies are always welcome around me.

oh, don't get me wrong. i love ponies as much as the other guy. but there's no need for it to be on absolutely fucking everything. same applies to any kind of fandom: moderation. is. key.

oh, don't get me wrong. i love ponies as much as the other guy. but there's no need for it to be on absolutely fucking everything. same applies to any kind of fandom: moderation. is. key.

I have found a flaw in your logic:

The fandom of life.

It should be enjoyed 24/7.

• Brohoof 1

I’ve heard about people becoming addicted in internet café’s like this before, although I do agree that 23hrs seems to be on the lower end of the spectrum. It was a bad move on his part to do it though, especially if he knew about the heart condition and possible consequences.

When I was about 9 I used to play this game called Unreal Tournament (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f4/Unrealtournament.jpg/250px-Unrealtournament.jpg) 4 hours at a time per day... very fun game. I once got a headache from playing too much, though. Guess I shouldn't have played with the lights turned off because I had the brightness settings turned up way too high >_> Anyways I couldn't go to school the next day because I had a huge ass headache the night before. Couldn't sleep the first hour...

I remember when I was a kid, I wasn't allowed to play... some weird on-line fantasy computer game. It was before WoW, though, and I know it wasn't Second Life because you had to go to a store and buy/install it.

EITHER WAY! Wasn't allowed to play it because people were committing suicide over it or just harming themselves and getting obsessed over it.

I remember that day I bought Final Fantasy for PC instead

I have found a flaw in your logic:

The fandom of life.

It should be enjoyed 24/7.

i do enjoy life for what it is. i enjoy the forums, i enjoy the chatroom, i enjoy chatting with people outside the forums, i enjoy listening to music, and getting more music, i enjoy junk food, i enjoy food in general, i enjoy baths, i enjoy sleeping, i enjoy ponies, i occasionally enjoy games...

however, i enjoy all above things in moderate consumption, with a few exceptions ruled out (like music and chatting).

though ponies are enjoyable, i don't go think that it would fit absolutely everywhere.

...i dunno what i am going with this. lets just drop this whole thing, i only brought it up so far because so-so day has made me being overall pissy the entire day, and i wanted to let it out somehow. so just forget the whole thing, it was a worthless thing to talk about to begin with.

Cue family sueing the developers for "killing" him.

I almost want them to so I can watch what how the Internet responds. Specifically, how anon trolls them for it.

Also, 23 hours without food/sleep isn't long at all. If he died, it was from something else. I've gone much longer and was just fine.

Not gonna lie, came across these posts at the WORST time i swear. I came on today to find any Bronies that played LoL... And the first thing I see is a post about someone dying over LoL...

Anyway, I think it's just a damn shame, but pushing your luck like that with a heart condition. I just don't know what to say about it all.

Cue family sueing the developers for "killing" him.

I'm actually surprised that his family believes it isn't the manufacturer's fault.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

I'm actually surprised that his family believes it isn't the manufacturer's fault.

Posted Image

Haha, they think it's an Xbox game :)

Eh this isn't something new, plenty of people, especially in Asia, have stories like this. I remember reading a story about a guy that played StarCraft so much he died, same goes for World of WarCraft. Obviously these people have no self-control, it's important to remember that videocomputer games are just hobbies, not a lifestyle. Well that statement isn't always true though, with all the pro gamers, but they spend time doing other things.