Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Man dies after playing League of Legends for 23 hours

Legit101

I was just thinking that a 23 hour gaming stint isn't all that amazing, I've probably spent a good 16-17 hours on (admittedly various) games in a row. But then I read that he didn't eat...

Anything can be taken too far.

I believe it...now I know what to say to my friend when he comes up with the stupid idea of playing Daytona for 72 hours straight so he can rank #1 on the Leaderboards...

He has high-blood pressure too...

Edited by glitterlicious
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

The worst part is that he sat there for 9 hours and no one noticed.

I take a lot of breaks when playing. I simply get up and walk around. Because sitting down the whole time doesn't sound like a good idea.

I do the same thing when I read. I will get up every now and then to get a drink, or to act out something in the story I thought was cool. However, if I am really into something, I will sit and read until its finished. When I was reading hunger games, I sat down, opened to the first page, and didnt stand back up until the book was over. Another time, I read the harry potter series( all the books from the first book to the very last) in a week. I only got up about 5 or 6 times a day, either to eat, go to church, or use the restroom. However, when I read Inheritance, I sat down and basically spent 2 days glued to my chair. I didnt even eat for those two days, and I never felt hungry. I would have forgone sleep to, except my eyes start to hurt really bad if I read for to long, so I was forced to put the book down because the pain was becoming to distracting.

The reason I said all this is because I can see where this guy is coming from, when I get into something, I am super into it.

wow i can't believe it well i am not gonna play LoL XD

dont let this story disuade you from playing LoL. Just give it a chance and then make your opinion on it. Dont knock it till you try it.

Recently I was awake for 94 hours just sitting at my computer, at the forums and playing games and watching movies. I didn't die.

Damn.. What if I died :o

Edited by Princess Pinkie Pie II
  • Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...
On 2/5/2012 at 2:27 PM, Vicke said:

Well, its his own fault for being stupid.

Now now.

We must show respect. It is cool that people are willing to play games with such dedication. It's sad when people pass away

On 2/26/2012 at 1:01 AM, Jokuc said:

Recently I was awake for 94 hours just sitting at my computer, at the forums and playing games and watching movies. I didn't die.

Damn.. What if I died :o

I mean it was probably cause he also never eat or drank or "preformed bodily functions"

• Brohoof 1

He had a pretty poor health then. I mean how many streamers nowadays do 24-hours streams on a weekly-monthly basis?

But he was very dedicated gamer. Personally I start having pretty bad headache already after 7 hours of gaming and it completely kills my desire to play

13 hours ago, Sherbie-kun <3 said:

I mean it was probably cause he also never eat or drank or "preformed bodily functions"

According to google, without physical activities and with cool air temperature you can stay alive up to 10 days without water (and probably even more without food)

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, You said:

Please don't take it as a challenge :<

I have worked for more than 23 hours, not proudly, but because of deadlines. I do not like going more than a day without a full night's sleep. I am sure however that people that do serious gaming, where their lives depend on it, can go longer than 23 hours. The problem is, you need to eat and drink as well as sleep. There are more to this story than is let on

Remember how WHO wanted to recognize gaming addiction as a mental disorder and everyone lost their shit? This is the kind of addiction they're talking about and what they want addressed. There's a huge difference between long gaming sessions and neglecting to take care of yourself because you're too obsessed with video games. No video game is worth dying over

• 2 years later...

I played WoW for like 36-38 hrs one time lol, I didn't read the initial post guess I need to go back and check the circumstances but idk other than going into epileptic shock or something, he had to have already been sick/malnourished/on medications that complicated his risk.. Idk see him just dying for staying up a day, this is something I did as a child regularly

Edited by KingCorvus

• 3 weeks later...