Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spike Fan Club

Shift

And the second page of Sugarcube isn't good enough.

I second that! ^_^

large.png

Okay, maybe it's time for some... actual "fan-talk". I like Spike for many reasons. I think I don't need to mention any episode titles. You see, his sometimes a bit snarky side is something I like - I for one love sarcasm - but the other, in some eyes probably more likeable, facets of his character are things I like even more. When one considers that he has also been Twilight's voice of reason, that he wants to be needed and that he already searched for himself, only to realize that who he is is way more important than what he is and he already has a place where he belongs for now, maybe even forever, one might come to the conclusion that he's one of the characters in the show who not just had a bit of progression, but who also don't necessarily need a goal that's out of their current reach.

He doesn't want to lose what he already has. To find one's place in life is difficult for many people. Myself included. To see this character - who still has a lot of potential that can still be discovered - is for me like seeing someone who is at least close to that goal. That's at least what I see. Headcanon and the best fanfics about him included.

Edited by ~StatesTheOblivious~
  • Brohoof 5

• 2 weeks later...

Spike well he is 100% awesome but one thing I had always wondered is his backstory who was his parents? how did he come to live with ponies? was he eggnapped? he's awesome though :3

One of my favorite Spike gags are his failed attempts at restraining himself from eating the jewels instead of putting them on his cake. This happens to me literally all of the time.

Also, glad to see this thread is picking up speed. Although at a slow pace, it's a start! Seriously, who wouldn't love this guy?

vlcsnap-2013-01-26-21h25m02s181.png

Edited by Rivendare
  • Brohoof 3

Spike is a very underrated character and I can't imagine the show without him. He adds so much to both Twilight Sparkle's character as well as Rarity's. He's sweet, funny, awesome, and everything in-between. :D

And I saw the cutest pic of Spikey Wikey today. :wub:

spike_the_dragon_by_chocochaofun-d7b9fxp

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 4

Spike well he is 100% awesome but one thing I had always wondered is his backstory who was his parents? how did he come to live with ponies? was he eggnapped? he's awesome though :3

We haven't seen too much about it, but I presume his egg was found abandoned somewhere. I like to think this was sort of how things got started for him.

comic___twilight_s_first_day__15_by_muff

You can find the rest of the comics here if so desired. They're pretty cute. :3

• Brohoof 4

Oooh! The recent activity here pleases me. :P

But one thing I can mention is, like all of season 4. He's been so great this season. :3

While I think one could argue about that (I'd say mostly, not in all of the season so far; but this here is about appreciation after all, so I'll try to not argue about that here)...

We really need some Spike emoticons around here. love_spike_by_angelishi-d7amv0g.gif

... I can only approve of this! ^_^

Anyone else think Power Ponies was his best episode so far?

I like Power Ponies, but my favorite Spike episode is still Secret of My Excess. Probably because I also like old monster movies... Hmmm... :huh:

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spike's been growing on me a lot this season, even if I can't completely figure out why. I even wrote a blog about the little dude earlier this month that I was mostly serious about :P. Not completely sure what it is, but I love his sense of humor and his ability to be an all around great dude even if things aren't going so well for him :)

s4e21_by_audrarius-d7dmkm4.jpg

Even in the last episode, he didn't even talk but still kicked butt. Who else would show up with a drum and a grin on their face to aid somepony in their artful procrastination :lol: ?

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 4

New Spike avatar! :D

Here's the larger image:

b370b7bed9527f44a3838d89fe2829d3-d72kr7e

Source

Humdrum is such an absolute BOSS. It's a shame, but I haven't been able to keep up with the latest episodes. The last one I watched was the Breezies one. Need to catch up on my Spike badassery.

• Brohoof 5

Been listening to a lot of BlackGryph0n & Baasik recently. They've got a nice Spike song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFYSYGLx-RM

The lyrics capture the episode really well -

This place is all I've ever known, all I see
The world feels much smaller than I know that it must be
Somewhere beyond this land are there others just like me?
Well there's nothing standing in my way, I am free, and soon I'll see,

(Soon I'll see all)
Just beyond the mountains, I can hear adventure call
(Soon I'll see all)
And I've got to answer, 'cause I know this can't be all.

This can't be all that there is, (NO)
This can't be all, this can't be all.

This place is all I've ever known, and now I see
That life is bigger than our world pretends to be
It doesn't matter where I am; I've got my family,
And there is nowhere in the world I'd rather be, 'cause now I see all

I've been beyond the mountains, and I've learned from what I saw
(Now I see all)
Every day's a new adventure, and I know this can't be all.

I've been beyond the mountains, and I've learned from what I saw,
Every day's a new adventure, 'cause I know this can't be all!

This can't be all, this can't be all. (X2)

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I really love Spike, and I think he is super adorable, and his character is super interesting, and he is the only character in Equestria Girls who kept this true character. His development and his personality are very interesting.It's annoying when he never gets noticed, he is put through a lot, so I really wish people would appreciate him a lot more. I'd really like to hug him a lot.

So yeah, that is most of my comment.

• Brohoof 2

To all Spike fans: There is a Spike centered Marathon on the Hub tomorrow morning(June 8 2014)!! The trailer said they will be showing 8 Spike episodes in a row! 

You know what's better than some Spikelove? Spikelove that's not even coming from the fans!

http://youtu.be/kC0tPWPa6vI

A whole official episode marathon dedicated to him! Yay!

Oh I see you already posted the trailer for the Marathon. Thanks! I hope Spike gets more love in season 5!

• Brohoof 3

Hello Spike fans!

I just wanted to invite you all to the 2014 MLPF World Cup Opening Ceremony set to take place on June 11th 2014 at 7:00 pm EST. Spike will no doubt be holding his own while supporting his ever loving "mother" in Twilight Sparkle (cmon... Twilight's like Spike's mommy in some ways... :catface: ). Add the fact that he's the only dragon in the World Cup, without any dragon support... increases the need for Spike's fans to come by! :squee: Furthermore, there's a special treat for you should you come by for the opening ceremony! Finally, cheer hard for Spike! He'll need it! :D

Hope to see you there!

spike__s_got_swag_by_cptshutterfly-d50bk

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

the fact that spike seems to be both loyal and brutally honest all the time makes him one of my favorites. While everypony in ponyville may be crazy, spike is not a pony, this seems to make him the only one capable of acting sensibly.

post-26678-0-80603700-1403208097.jpg

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

the fact that spike seems to be both loyal and brutally honest all the time makes him one of my favorites. While everypony in ponyville may be crazy, spike is not a pony, this seems to make him the only one capable of acting sensibly.

True words. That's one of my favorite things about Spike. The fact that he lives in a surreal environment with a bunch of crazy ponies around and manages to be cool.

Edited by Rarity
  • Brohoof 1