Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spike Fan Club

Shift

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed, almost any mythos with dragons in it explicitly states that they can live well into the thousands. So far, MLP doesn't seem to be deviating much from that mythos. I think Ol' Spike will be just fine. ; )

Edited by Momento Mori

5a8e57a12ffe3_changelingkingdomgreetings-spike.thumb.png.1ca9a394b1d3ed9520365efe8da39388.png

Hey everyone, just thought I’d let you know that we’re going to be giving commentary on today’s group at the Changeling Kingdom.  I’ll be there with my friends Thorax and Starlight and huh I’m hesitant to call Trixie my friend, but she’s gotten better since the time when she transformed me into a ball.  Anyway, be sure to come out and support us along with the others in the group.  Boy, this is quite the step up from last World Cup huh?

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(edited)

More pictures of Spike that I love!!

large.png

5e5fed41bd604d99a90988488f46852b--toothless-hoodie-toothless-costume.jpg

twilight_sparkle_and_spike_by_zig_word-d8x4vtw.jpg

So the other day I was thinking about Spike and a post I made in "Favourite Character and Why" thread, and it states and I quote:

"He is very much underappreciated, he's calm in the majority of situations, and is very much the voice of reason... even to Twilight. He's helpful, kind, overall patient, and a very hard worker. He doesn't complain much, gets his work done, and is one of the most loyal characters of the show.  Even if Twilight says or does something he doesn't agree with, he'll tell her so, and honestly without being cruel---it gives her time to think, but he never stops caring about her, and with an open heart always accepts, but takes no guff. Even in the movie after her friends have an argument and the screaming, and the pain---he could have walked away with the rest---but he didn't. Even if he disagreed with Twilight's behaviour he stuck by her without enabling her bad behaviour. He gives comfort, but never sugar coats a thing. His quick, and quite smarty-pants remarks make for a light-hearted individual who gets to the root of problems and snaps people back to reality where they need to be, but padding the landing just enough to where he doesn't come off as a complete arse.

After all him and Twilight and even the rest of the Mane 6 have been through, Spike has been the constant. The friend that is friends with everyone, and who always has a smile, a kind word to offer and a scaley shoulder to cry on. He has one of the most "get along" personalities without blending into the background. Spike is very much peaceful, understanding, witty, determined, brave, heroic and sweet. While he's still young and emotions can get the better of him, he's at heart, very humble and just wants everyone to love each other. In my opinion... Spike is the heart of the show."

Thus I am here to propose that while Twilight is supposed to I guess... represent all of the elements together---I believe that Spike is. Here's why I think that:

Honesty: Though not perfect, because he's still technically a child, Spike is one of the most honest friend anyone can have. He tells it like it is, and isn't too concerned with sugar coating anything. He has a bit of smart mouth sure, but it's his way of delivering worry or pointing out obvious things that everyone is over-looking. Spike is observant and wants to make sure his friend's know what's up.

Kindness: With humility and patience he helps Twilight and aids her in everything from cleaning to research. Always lending a kind ear and offering a kind and concerned word. He is not naturally malicious or greedy. Everyone has the ability to turn to darker needs like that, and while Spike got there once, he instantly was reminded of himself and switched back with relative ease. It is not in his heart to be cruel. Spike is a gentle soul at heart.

Laughter:  Spike obviously loves to laugh, laugh with his friends and tell jokes. We already know he's a cute little prankster who adores giggling his tail off. Having fun, being adventurous and making sure everyone is having a good time has always been a top priority of his. With his smart little quips and mischievous, yet harmless nature, we always know Spike delivers the laughter!

Generosity: Do I need to go into this one? He wastes no time in wanting to offer his help, his advice, or even things he treasures to someone who needs it more. Even for a Dragon, giving up something they treasure is extremely hard if not nearly downright unheard of. Spike easily gives up his huge ruby that he was saving for himself to Rarity, and not because she really needed it, but only because she complimented how gorgeous it was. His big heart has all the room in the world for love, and empathy. Not only is Spike willing to give to the less fortunate, but he's willing to give his time, energy, and aid to anyone who asks for it with a glorious sense of duty.

Loyalty: This one is self explanatory, as mentioned earlier in my initial post, he is one of the most loyal of the group. Even when things look tough, it breaks his little heart to see everyone spread so thin or fight, and he refuses to take sides. Even if he sticks by Twilight's side, he never says a cross word about the others

Magic: A Dragon is a naturally magical beast, and certainly he uses his magical abilities to help those around him. Spike makes Twilight's life a hell of a lot easier than people give him credit for, and he goes out of his way constantly for her and the others. No matter the situation

Spike is all the elementsAnd I don't think anyone thinks of Spike enough to realise this. He may not be the end product refined of each one, but he has all of them. Not even the Element's holders are perfect... but Spike has all of these. And has from the start, and only gotten better at refining them. Why has no one noticed this before? I can't be the only one.

Edited by Memento Mori
  • Brohoof 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Spike's had 7 seasons of being pushed aside, but season 9.... that's gonna be his big season! Everything he's been through is gonna lead to this! A time for that sidekick role to finally be left behind! No more being a pushover! No more development getting cheated! No more getting cheated of episodes! Time to live up to his full potential! It's always the last second the most unexpecting characters get their big victories! It's like that for alota shows! He hasn't had his finale yet, but he will! This time, he will! With his friends alongside him, and the writers finally taking his side, he will prevail! >:D Spikejustice! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I might be looking too much into things, but I think Spike has gotten better at reading people. Remember back in S1, he took Twilight’s sarcastic thank you in Winter Wrap Up at face value, and seemed to genuinely think his crush on Rarity was a secret.

In S8, he correctly pointed out that Discord’s a big softie when it comes to Fluttershy, and in S6 and S7, he’s able to tell when Starlight is upset about something.

• 4 weeks later...