Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spike Fan Club

Shift

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gosh.

*wipes away the dust*

End of the year and this thread's almost dead. Well, it's also my fault; didn't do anything to keep it alive ... But enough of that. It's been a good year for Spike and here's to hope that 2015 and Season 5 will be even better. Maybe a few more fans who like and see him as a full main character, perhaps an actual song in an upcoming episode, maybe even a Funko Vinyl Figure of him ... Yeah, that'd be nice. Recently read the Fried Forever #3 issue. Was a nice pairing with Celestia and also quite nice from a Spike-fan point of view.

Hope the upcoming Spike and Luna one will be awesome. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Huh isn't it odd how Spike really only has a crush on Rarity due to her looks. I mean what else does Spike like abut her other then that. Most of the time Rarity using him as a pack mule cause she too lazy o carry her own dam bags, or idk lift that trash can with her magic so she dosn't have to touch it.

Spike is best pony!! I love the fact that he has been crushing on rarity for sometime and rarity doesn't even realize it and the way he sleeps in a dog bed LOL

• Brohoof 1

Hello everyone!

This fan club deserves more activity. So I propose a question - what's your favorite Spike moment in the show? This may be my personal favorite,

iB9fcjd.gif

Wingo! That was epic.

Spike is best pony!!

I second this statement! 

i like the subtle mature moments of spike being caught in tough spots like in inspiration manifestation, all well then owls well, Dragon quest, and the fail and depression of failing at the games, as well as crystal empire.

i dislike how much shit he takes as a "comic Release"  type and want him in season 5 to have an episode of solo growth (but around the mane 6 that specifically need his traits to over come their problems) like how pinkie did in season 4's pinkie pride. AND have him keep and take to heart what he learned. 

Spike does evolve in character but yeah seaosn 5 was not kind to the little guy.

it not easy being breezy, Spike at your service gah so many bad moments for that guy.

Season 1
Twilight for whatever reason omves her birthday party so rarity doesn't miss it, but dosn't bring spike along..what? why, were you afreiand someone was going to steal public library books.

Best night ever, they ran off on him, yeah they applogized but then as soon as Celestia showed up they forgot about him.

At least he can play piano.

• 2 weeks later...

I got bored and tried to figure out Spiked canonical age, here is what I got.

By comparing Sweetie belle from her fifth birthday with Twilight from her exam day (Spikes day of hatching) we can estimate twilight was about six when she hatched Spike

(Links)
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140325035303/mlp/images/1/14/Younger_Sweetie_Belle_ID_S4E19.png

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110903103649/mlp/images/9/9c/Twilight_Sparkle_flashback_nervous_entrance_exam_S1E23.png

Now moving to AppleJack according to the Apple family Reunion Episode Applejack was shown in 3 separate reunions with 100 moons (100 months/8.3 years) between each one. this makes AJ at the very minimum 24 years old if we assume Twilight is about this age (give or take 2 years) That means Spike must be 16 or older (probably no older than 19 but their is no solid evidence that I could find on the age range maximum)

• 1 month later...

Spike is awesome  :mustache:

I just realized something pretty cool. Dragons tend to be overly greedy, and Spike has a crush on Rarity, the symbol of generosity. This stark difference didn't occur to me until thinking about "The Secret of My Excess," but it's an interesting little detail added into the plot of the show. The creators never fail to impress  B)

• Brohoof 1

He's loyal, honest, adorable and thinks that mustaches are cool.

What is there not to like? I'd love to see him grow a bit in size in next season though. That would have been even more adorable. <3 

Cute_Spike_S1E24.png

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 1

Awww, little Spikey Wikey deserves love too, of course!

img-3463039-1-spike_s_new_comic_night_by

I'm so disappointed he had to release it, I think I'd have enjoyed Spike&Peewee episodes. :c

• Brohoof 1

I really love this guy. He has some generosity, kindness, and loyalty in him. Also, he may boast at times, but he's actually very humble in his own way. He serves all 6 of the mane ponies uncomplainingly and without question, and he takes his job very seriously. To be able to serve as determinedly as he takes some modesty! He also is very, very good at it...

Spike is very cool. And he's funny. And he's cute too!

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Here's a piece of artwork that was recently released by KP ShadowSquirrel:

joyride_by_kp_shadowsquirrel-d8q9lv5.png

I really like the way this picture captures an older version of Spike and how his relationship with Rarity might have evolved.

And a bonus humanized pic w/ Rarity

dem_cravings_by_kilala97-d6voo11.jpg

• Brohoof 2