Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Do You Live For?

Aureity

This is probably going to be a really tough question. But...what do you live for? What's your motivation as you go through your life?

For me, this quote pretty much sums it up:

"Be ashamed to die until you have won a victory for humanity." - Horace Mann

Edited by Aureity

I just do. I don't really see any reason or target, I just live. I try to please myself without hurting others, to learn more about the world and myself, to do all the little good things I'm able to do. I don't think I could achieve something with a big meaning, but I try to make the world a nicer place by being a good person myself.

I think just being here is enough of a reason. I don't see any real chance of there being an afterlife, so I might as well just live while I have this consciousness, you know?

Right now I live to become a better musician, though.

To be quite honest, I don't have any clue why I'm here. As far as I'm concerned, I have no reason to be alive but at the same time I have no reason to kill myself either. It would make sense if someone had something to look forward to, but in my point of view I've got nothing.

• Brohoof 2

Well, i would like to write. Novels, script, epics, music, whatever. just write. But I cant focus on one thing at a time and keep having ideas and never finish anything, so i have a buttload of incomplete writings and even more still in my brain, yet to be written down.

So that's what i live for. I hope to one day to positively effect the world through writing.

trying to be a good person towards everyone i meet until proven otherwise. i value others lives before mine.

trying to become an artist, more specifically musician. it's what i want to do the most in my life, but i don't live with the aspiration to make it and sell it. that would put too much pressure on what i do, and i despise pressure.

and trying to be accepting towards everything until proven otherwise. i like more than i don't.

Edited by Princess Diadem Skystrom

Wow, this is a really good question. I never actually had to sit for a moment and think about this.

I live for my family and friends, the people I love the most. I live to complete my hopes and dreams, to see and discover the world as it is, as it was, and what it may be in the future.

My general goal in life is to be happy. That's what I live for. I take each day as it comes and make the best of it.

For those who say they live to make others happy, well, that's me too but making others happy, in return, makes me happy. So that's what it all comes down to for me.

Edited by Apple Bloom