Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Earth pony magic?

Addem Up

As explained in Hearth's Warming Eve, Earth Ponies have inate magic to tend to the land. If you recall AJ's equivillent from that play so much as touched the ground and some stuff started to grow. Pegasi and unicorns can't farm shit compared to Earth Ponies. They have inate 'strength' magic for nature and growing crops, perhaps other things as well, like how pegasi too have an inate magic of their own for walking on clouds. Magic comes in all kinds of forms, not just glowy shit from a unicorn horn :3 It's in all creatures and living things. That is what Tirek stole from the Earth Ponies.

/topic

• Brohoof 2

As explained in Hearth's Warming Eve, Earth Ponies have inate magic to tend to the land. If you recall AJ's equivillent from that play so much as touched the ground and some stuff started to grow. Pegasi and unicorns can't farm shit compared to Earth Ponies. They have inate 'strength' magic for nature and growing crops, perhaps other things as well, like how pegasi too have an inate magic of their own for walking on clouds. Magic comes in all kinds of forms, not just glowy shit from a unicorn horn :3 It's in all creatures and living things. That is what Tirek stole from the Earth Ponies.

/topic

You know, I've always wondered something. Is the reason why ponies can pick things up with their hooves even though they have no fingers related to magic or is it just the magic of cartoons? 

In the Twilight's kingdom episode, you can see that Tirek is absorbing "magic" from Pinkie pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Fluttershy.

But do Earth ponies even have magic? Tirek is getting his power from other ponies "magic" but I thought Earth ponies weren't magic. I just don't understand

Earth Ponies definitely have Magic as several users are pointing out through canon moments in the show (most recently the Season 4 finale). I also have Magic as I have broken time and space by merging one of several topics that discuss this with the one you created. 

Please remember to user the forum search feature (or at least Google Advanced Search). This actually a topic that gets brought up organically all the time, though I can understand why some might jump to the conclusion that Earth Ponies are not a magical race. 

Also there has been a bit of Off Topic discussion in here and the staff have had to clean the thread up. Try and stay on target. 

I think that earth ponies, in order to do magic that affects the external world around them, must have some sort of conduit. My bit of headcanon is based on Zecora, who can perform various acts of tribal-styled magic, but, unlike unicorns, cannot manifest it externally by her own means.

In "Magic Duel" she refilled her cup that Twilight kept knocking over by waving her hoof over it.

I don't think Earth Ponies have "magic", but wasn't something mentioned somewhere in Season 4 about them having super strength? I could understand that. ^^