Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many ATHEIST bronies out there?

I'm sorry I just don't see where ya get this from m8. I'm in high school and I'm mostly surrounded by athirst if I say anything religious I get bullied. I remember a few years back when I use to play WoW I got cyber bullied for my religion. I just don't see any atheist getting hated on I've only seen religious people get hated on by atheist most of my life.

Well i didn't or don't go to the same highschool as you, it was a judeo-christian school. So thats why i got the reaction that i did. 

Well i didn't or don't go to the same highschool as you, it was a judeo-christian school. So thats why i got the reaction that i did.

I'm suprised about that too. Where I live teachers and the school system will get in trouble if they talk about religion or political opinions. I thought by now it would be illegal everywhere for schools to teach about religion

I am only half with you guys, I am Agnostic so I need to see proof to believe it. Also if I don't get any proof by the time I am 18 I will become an atheist because I won't wait for proof forever.

I am just not a fan of these sorts of conversations in the brony community because it gives potential for people to divide themselves into "them" and "us" groups.

Listen to Us and Them by Pink Floyd, one of their best songs.

On the topic at hand I would have to say I'm agnostic just because of the events of my life. Growing up with Aspergers Syndrome was a terrible experience but it has made me all the wiser. We need to start caring for one another more and less about if our god is the true god. I believe that organized religion is mankind's downfall. Its just another way that men have found to exert their power over others. Plain and simple, It's just wrong.

I'll tell you what I believe: I believe in beauty, I believe in life and I believe that they are one in the same. I believe in laughter. I believe that I will never stop learning and growing. I believe that there are no answers.

Well put.

• Brohoof 1

I will openly and gladly admit i am i dont hav anything against religious beliefs but i dont believe in any of it i will always love and tolerate like any brony should try to do

Good to know, it's really good to see people caring for others just for the plain fact that they CARE for people, not expecting a reward...whether it be physical or in the afterlife. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm not an Atheist, and I'm a Muslim, but I'm not so religious.

I want to say that I like Atheist people more than regular religious people, even regular Muslim. I've seen many Atheists who are more tolerant, and 'pure' on doing good things. The idea of "I do good things because I want a place in Heaven" sounds disgusting to me. That's not the right reason to do good things, nor is the reason why religions ask people to do good things. Do good things because we really love it. Because of our humanity, not because "my religion asks me to do so."

There's a teaching of "Ikhlas" in Islam that means "do good things without asking for reward" but it's misunderstood by most Muslim. They 'change' the meaning to "do good things for the God" which is not true. My fellow Muslim keep talking about "you don't pray enough! Aren't you afraid of Hell?" I just say this whenever they say something like that : I don't want to trade with God.

I do good things because my heart desires humanity, not because I'm afraid of Hell. Hell with Hell. I don't care about it. Look at religious people these days. They pray often, but their heart are just the same. They complain about life, people, their neighbors, economy, and they underestimate people with other religion beliefs and atheists. Seriously, they chuckle whenever they hear about other religions or atheism.

They 'read' (without understanding the meaning, since we're not Arabian) Al-Qur'an everyday, but they don't learn from it at all. They belittle me because I just read the translation, since I don't understand Arabic. Man, what's the point of the holy book? The teaching, not the papers! Not the language as well. Once I accidentally dropped one, and they looked at me as if I was doing something very-very terrible.

THEY'RE LIKE WORSHIPING PAPERS AND THEY DENY IT.

That doesn't mean that I hate my own religion. I just find the followers these days are... stupid. They ignore the teachings of the religion itself.

Religion doesn't make good people. People aren't good because of their religion. Religion is just like a guide line on how to be a good people. It's just a guide line, that's all. You don't have to have a religion to be a good person. It's your heart. I'm stick with my religion since I like its guide line, but I'm not crazy about it.

I like some atheists because they're pure, and do good things because of humanity, and heart. Not like those people who want to 'buy' the heaven.

Ah yes, Buddhism is a good teaching too.

By the way, I think you need to make a poll, so people can see the exact number. Just a suggestion.

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 3

I agree with @@Sky Warden, . These are guides. Don't be crazy about it.

I'm a Muslim, or Moeslem, or whatever you write it. I'm not an atheist, or it might be "not yet" but that doesn't matter.

I respect you guys atheists, never had any "wars" before. I've never heard of wars involving atheists, just some "too-religious" people who hates atheists. And as Sky Warden said, you care, and not expecting any rewards in return. Most religious ones just want the reward, like slaves (of their God).

"Why do you pray?" I asked to someone. "To get a ticket in heaven, of course!" he said confidently.

That wasn't the point of the guide(s).

And the language. (My) School teaches the students to read the guide. "Just read it. You'll know the meaning later on."

Some religious people just turn bad because they are too religious, some even start to discriminate who is good or bad by their religion difference.

"Other religions are bad! They mislead you! Obey me!" said no God ever in guides. I've never heard of that rule. I think people made that statement because of "discriminative" (what's the proper word?).

By the way "guides" I mentioned here are holy books like Al-Quran and the others. And these statements are honest, I did not make them to get likes (in case you think me bad).

• Brohoof 1

I agree with @@Sky Warden, . These are guides. Don't be crazy about it.

I'm a Muslim, or Moeslem, or whatever you write it. I'm not an atheist, or it might be "not yet" but that doesn't matter.

I respect you guys atheists, never had any "wars" before. I've never heard of wars involving atheists, just some "too-religious" people who hates atheists. And as Sky Warden said, you care, and not expecting any rewards in return. Most religious ones just want the reward, like slaves (of their God).

"Why do you pray?" I asked to someone. "To get a ticket in heaven, of course!" he said confidently.

That wasn't the point of the guide(s).

And the language. (My) School teaches the students to read the guide. "Just read it. You'll know the meaning later on."

Some religious people just turn bad because they are too religious, some even start to discriminate who is good or bad by their religion difference.

"Other religions are bad! They mislead you! Obey me!" said no God ever in guides. I've never heard of that rule. I think people made that statement because of "discriminative" (what's the proper word?).

By the way "guides" I mentioned here are holy books like Al-Quran and the others. And these statements are honest, I did not make them to get likes (in case you think me bad).

We understand (most of us do hopefully), and we try tolerate and respect all of you. However, i don't hate religion because it "bothers" me, i hate it because of the bad things it has done to peoples minds. Although you may not be an extremist (not saying that muslims are all extremists...) but there are many people both on the muslim and jewish side that are at each others necks for a small piece of HOLY land, now if the land wasn't holy... i doubt any of them would care nearly as much...

This is the problem i see, religion seems like its outdated like the cassette tape, yet the people who still believe (the majority) seem to stll want to use it instead of moving on to things such as blueray. Religion was useful for when we knew nothing of the world... but now... its kind of useless.

Sorry if i sounded offensive there, that's not what i was going for, i was just making a point on why i hate religion BUT not the person, and why many others hate these giant organised religions as well. 

^ I think the point is you can take some of the core ethical beliefs from religion w/o all the dogma. Peace, love, unity, and respect are things that aren't inherently religious, that's just ethics. You don't need to spend sunday morning listening to folklore to be a good person. Religion just piles on thousands of year old hokum, hypocrisy, and now political beliefs (if you believe the right wing's latching onto some of its views) onto what has some good themes for human behavior. It's too flawed (and ridiculous) for myself to accept it and what it does to groups of people can often be a bad thing. 

I reject religion. Ever since I've done that my life has been so much more fun and just better in general. Dropping my religion and then embracing being a brony led me to not be depressed anymore. I don't want any silly limits on me imposed by guys wearing tights and funny hats.

We understand (most of us do hopefully), and we try tolerate and respect all of you. However, i don't hate religion because it "bothers" me, i hate it because of the bad things it has done to peoples minds. Although you may not be an extremist (not saying that muslims are all extremists...) but there are many people both on the muslim and jewish side that are at each others necks for a small piece of HOLY land, now if the land wasn't holy... i doubt any of them would care nearly as much...

This is the problem i see, religion seems like its outdated like the cassette tape, yet the people who still believe (the majority) seem to stll want to use it instead of moving on to things such as blueray. Religion was useful for when we knew nothing of the world... but now... its kind of useless.

Sorry if i sounded offensive there, that's not what i was going for, i was just making a point on why i hate religion BUT not the person, and why many others hate these giant organised religions as well. 

Don't worry, that wasn't offensive at all.

To be honest, I can't even call myself a muslim, as I only use their guide (I don't know if that is called a muslim or not).

By religion has done bad things to people's minds, do you mean the whole "God" concept? Just guessing, because from what I heard people become atheists because the don't believe in the "God" concept.

Or maybe what you meant was religion makes people to hate each other.

Religion, people declare themselves to have "x" religion. Some people are originally bad-mannered, they be a "x" religion, then still do bad things under the "x" religion, making it look bad to the others. Some people are originally nice, but they got bad because of fanaticism for their religion.

I think the whole idea is the guide, not the religion. I think the whole idea are "moral values" you can get from the guide, not (only) the whole "God" concept.

My point is that you can hate the religion, or the person, well depends on what you choose -_-

Me, I just hate people that are originally bad-mannered, I'm neutral on "religion", and I don't hate the "guides".

(Sorry if this is rather off-topic, I'm just sharing my opinion.)

All of the atheists here sound awesome! So since this is thee come to thread for atheist pony's I'm gonna throw out a discussion topic. How bout that secular morality? Anypony wanna elaborate and throw around some good points? I't seems that lately I've been getting attacked with the argument that I'm an immoral atheist with no concern for the greater good. I know that's not true, so what does everypony else think about that stuff? 

Personally, I find it a tad immoral to base your moral views on a system that intimidates you to do good. If you don't do good your going to hell? Yikes! 

I do good because it makes me feel good. But I guess if your pleasing a god then that could make you feel good aswell. Do atheists and theists therefore do good for almost the same reasons? It's kinda tricky to say, so I'm hoping somepony sees this post and enlightens me. Secular ponies /) (Non secular ponies are cool still, don't worry :) peace and love for all)

Agnostic atheist reporting in. As it implies, I do not believe in God nor do I believe that there is any proof. Though, I do not believe that there is any definite proof that God doesn't exist. So, I'm in the neutral area. But, I really, and I mean REALLY hate when some obnoxious teens/people without any proof shout "I AM ATHEIST GOD DOES NOT EXIST!!!!111!11!!!one!!!!11!!!". Same goes for the theists teens/people who have no proof to offer and shout "GOD DOES EXIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Hello there fellow atheist bronies. I'm an atheist, and my girlfriend happens to be Catholic (if I recall. Let's just say she's Christian), and we both believe in the virtue of not forcing your own belief on others, especially when they believe in a different religion.

I once theorized that the bible was written solely as a tool for governing people and bending them to your will. And, when you think about it, it kinda has been. Templars were rallied to kill innocent people simply because they happened to be in the Templars's path and they also happened to believe in a slightly different form of Christianity (if I recall, my mind's a bit fuzzy on the specifics), or they just didn't believe in Christianity at all. People in England were getting robbed of their money buying slips of paper that would ensure their sins would be cleansed or that they could go to heaven long ago.

Now you got people blowing themselves up for 72 virgins that may or may not exist, or be comprised of the last 72 dudes that blew themselves up. Instead of loving and attending to their *real* wives (makes becoming obsessed with video game characters pale in comparison). Even if they do exist, you'd probably end up as a pile of human meat pudding.

You also have people who have their own...really odd forms of christianity that view women as filth, has a specific amount of days you can't touch things because of filth, and has an atomic baby that will be released upon this world.

That's right. An atomic baby.

The sad part is, no matter how ludicrous the religion is, the people who worship it view it as the norm mostly because they were *born* into it. They've been surrounded by it for so long, what else are they to believe? That frying pans aren't symbols of sexuality and that cows aren't secretly out to get your soul?

• Brohoof 2

Hello there fellow atheist bronies. I'm an atheist, and my girlfriend happens to be Catholic (if I recall. Let's just say she's Christian), and we both believe in the virtue of not forcing your own belief on others, especially when they believe in a different religion. I once theorized that the bible was written solely as a tool for governing people and bending them to your will. And, when you think about it, it kinda has been. Templars were rallied to kill innocent people simply because they happened to be in the Templars's path and they also happened to believe in a slightly different form of Christianity (if I recall, my mind's a bit fuzzy on the specifics), or they just didn't believe in Christianity at all. People in England were getting robbed of their money buying slips of paper that would ensure their sins would be cleansed or that they could go to heaven long ago. Now you got people blowing themselves up for 72 virgins that may or may not exist, or be comprised of the last 72 dudes that blew themselves up. Instead of loving and attending to their *real* wives (makes becoming obsessed with video game characters pale in comparison). Even if they do exist, you'd probably end up as a pile of human meat pudding. You also have people who have their own...really odd forms of christianity that view women as filth, has a specific amount of days you can't touch things because of filth, and has an atomic baby that will be released upon this world. That's right. An atomic baby. The sad part is, no matter how ludicrous the religion is, the people who worship it view it as the norm mostly because they were *born* into it. They've been surrounded by it for so long, what else are they to believe? That frying pans aren't symbols of sexuality and that cows aren't secretly out to get your soul?

Yeaa religion is horribly illogical, but I'm not one to say who should believe in what,nor should anybody. But child indoctrination is WRONG, there is no exception for that. Religion is something that tries to give reasoning to things that we can't explain. But if we taught kids to look for themselves and be scientifically curious, then the balls in there court. Do they want to observe the wonders of science, or just say that people in the sky did it. Kids deserve to figure out who they want to be for the rest of there life. I'm sure most kids naturally don't want to become a Jesus freak, but there psychology is so malleable that at a young age it's hard not too believe that crap. It's not fair. 

But I like how ya think. Brohoof sir, secular ponies rule /)*

• Brohoof 1

Yay! I feel mean for saying this but I kinda wanted to see if there were any seculars in the community when I saw the Christian Bronies thread. Anyway, I'm not religious, and I'm kinda atheist, but I believe there is something bigger than humans in the universe. This belief gets some religious people at school telling me to go to Hell and some hardcore atheists also at school telling me I'm delusional. Maybe somepony here will agree with me, though? Lol

As for religion, I have nothing against religious people but kinda disagree with a lot of organized religion personally. My family and I were devout Catholics and I was pretty much brainwashed into it as a kid LOL. I was very devout, even though we didn't go to church every week, to make sure I "got into Heaven" but I started going to youth groups and whatnot. The result was me becoming very bigoted, homophobic, and even telling people I know who are gay, not religious, etc. that they'd go to hell if they didn't "repent." My family saw what they were teaching the kids at youth group, I realized I was beginning to have a seething hatred for half of my friends and had to stop, and we eventually became "fallen" Catholics. :-P

I have serious question for all of you, if christianity was proven to be correct, would you be a christian?

(theres a study about morality that i recently got into)

If Christianity were proven correct then it wouldn't be an option whether or not I was a Christian. That being said I certainly wouldn't change my moral code because of it.

Here I am!

I'm joining the league of atheists! :D

I'm atheist since 2006, but I do respect any religious pony C: I just don't care about religion or God. As long as you are willing to make friends and share the magic of friendship, it doesn't matter happy.png.

• Brohoof 1

I have serious question for all of you, if christianity was proven to be correct, would you be a christian?

(theres a study about morality that i recently got into)

Absolutely not. I will not bow to a god that killed his own angels because they weren't perfect, tried to drown us because we are not perfect, and will not even humble himself to get off his plot, come downstairs, and talk with us every so often like normal joe's. Even then I'm not going to worship someone just because they tell me to. And the only people I have to repent to are the people I wronged.

Edited by UnitP0N13
  • Brohoof 2

To be fair, I think that the Christian brony topic has more of a purpose to it than just gathering bronies who happen to be Christian. It's more saying "Even though I'm a Christian, I can still be a Brony".

Anyway, I am an atheist. The most accurate description of my non-belief is that quote that goes something like "If God does exist, I hope he has some excuse", because I do not see anything in this cruel world that leads toward any reason to believe there is anybody up there. Of course, it's not just the cruelness of the world, because if there was other kind of evidence out there I would just end up having to believe there is a cruel God, but I see nothing in the ways of the universe, life, and anything that suggests that there is some higher power that created and/or is in control of it all. Everything feels so much more natural than that.

• Brohoof 1

This video changed my views a little. I kinda have to agree with a lot of what they say: Faith is not illogical, merely the people who chose to ignore everything else for it.

Honestly, I can't help but wonder what life would be like religious faith wasn't so flammable or preachy against other faiths, but rather just a means of making each other more connected, more motivated to do good and to help our neighbors. No bibles or any of that stuff. Just a small, little belief that somewhere out there, a powerful being is watching over us. The reason religious fervor and unreason still exists is because there is no moderation.

For a visual example, picture this: You have a bathtub. Say you want to take a light bath today, but you want it as quickly as possible and jerk the faucet head off to the side. Egads! Disaster has struck, and you are left with one less faucet head with a tub that is quickly filling up with really hot water! As you quickly go to get up, the water splatters your leg, you jump up in pain, land, slip, fall, hit your head on floor of the bathtub and are slowly boiled in your own bathtub, which has now begun to flood,

Bummer. But I believe that the quote "Too much of a good thing can be bad" goes perfectly with this. With out any religious restraint on part of preachers and worshipers, fervor begins to arise along with the need to isolate ourselves from any religion that does not agree with out own. In this scenario, the faucet head is the restraint, and the water is our religious faith. 'You', are...well, pretty much any religious minority with a chance of being slaughtered due to religious fervor (or too much of it, to be specific). It's okay to like warm water, but at some point, you've got to stop raising the heat or it'll get out of hand and someone will get hurt.

• Brohoof 2

I am not an Atheist, (Just throwing that out there.) But i have no faith in Christianity whatsoever. And no its not because of MLP. its because of all the hate and wars it has caused across our history.

I find it slightly offensive when people openly say its "nonsense" and how stupid it is. I dont see the point of people being rude to athiests , or the point of being rude to a christian.

Edited by Pinkie