Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many ATHEIST bronies out there?

I don't really know how I feel ultimately about religion.  I am not religious in any respect and an atheist/agnostic in a mild way (I dislike what religion does and how it acts but am not completely against it). This is mainly because my views are so liberal and I believe/like many things (MLP lol) heavily that most religions condemn on some level so its hard to fit in but mainly because I believe against religion.

That being said I feel like religion is a lifestyle and model of living told through stories and parables. Unfortunately religion goes wrong when its ideas for how society functions are fundamentally incorrect and the stories are seen as literal or true and it interferes with science.  That being said it helps people feel good about themselves and it can be ok when it adapts to represent reality and can even help change people's minds on subjects.  The good is mixed with the bad and it makes it very confusing.

Edited by alpinefroggy
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a closet atheist, in that I choose not to actively identify with other atheists. Religion is not important to me, personally, but I recognize that it is for some, my family included. Far too many atheists I've met in my life come across as condescending and (somewhat ironically) holier-than-thou. There is absolutely nothing wrong with choosing not to believe in a higher power, but there is no reason to speak ill of religion or those who choose to partake of it. Live and let live.

• Brohoof 2

This pony raises a hoof! Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and telling me I need to "just have faith" I find to be insulting to basic intelligence...

I am an atheist, and a fan of atheism things too. Tombstone Da Deadman, DarkMatter2525, TheVeganAtheist, EdwardCurrent...

JackynGlenn, there are much more. My brother is atheist, my co-author is atheist, whatever...

Who is TheVeganAtheist? As a vegan and an atheist this caught my attention...

• Brohoof 2

This pony raises a hoof! Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and telling me I need to "just have faith" I find to be insulting to basic intelligence...

Who is TheVeganAtheist? As a vegan and an atheist this caught my attention...

TheVeganAtheist is somebody who promotes religion debates. He has a forum for discussing.

watch his video channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/VeganTruth

He has a lot of funny videos like "Stupid Christian Comments", "Stupid Muslim Comments", and so go on.

Oh, did you watched DarkMatter2525 videos? I strongly reccomend you. It's very, very fun.

Edited by Lemon Slices
  • Brohoof 1

I'm an atheist in the traditional sense of the term, but I still believe there's something bigger or "supernatural" out there. Not a god, just something.

Oh, did you watched DarkMatter2525 videos? I strongly reccomend you. It's very, very fun.

Those videos are actually part of the reason I became an atheist.

Edited by Infinite901
  • Brohoof 1

ATTENTION AND REMINDER

This thread is not a platform to discuss the WBC. This is not a debate thread on Atheism and Christianity. This is a thread were like minded members can openly discuss their ideology without fear of having to constantly justify it. Violating that will lead to a thread ban as we have done in the past. 

Thank you for your time all. :rarity:

Also no commenting on staff action in this thread. If you have an issue with our approach to creating a Welcoming and accepting environment ... Feedback Section is down the hall third door on the right. 

• Brohoof 3

I hold the moral of not judging or discriminating against any other person's belief and, in return, I expect others to not judge my own lack thereof. Yes I am an atheist and I don't plan on converting to a theism any time soon, still I am proud to include many people with differing beliefs to be within my circle of friends.

Edited by HunterTSN
  • Brohoof 1

Yet another atheist here. I really see no good reason to believe in a greater being that ourselves, and it seems silly to me. But it's not like I bash Religion, I respect it and have nothing wrong with it.

• Brohoof 1

Just a quick note: This topic has been moved to General Discussion, as it does not pertain directly to the Brony fandom.

Carry on!

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...

Guys remember this isn't a debate pit thread, it's just a discussion thread between atheist bronies.  There are plenty of religion threads in debate pit if you'd like to debate religion.

• Brohoof 2

I don't believe in God, but I don't subscribe to the belief that just because some people do I have to be pompous about my disbelief. In my opinion that would be like bragging that I prefer tea over coffee, nobody really cares.

*raises hoof*

*clears throught to bring attention to self*

"i am" i say in a voice similar to fluttrrshys opening, but stallionly-er

I am, but I don't think religion is stupid. Do you know what is stupid? Making fun of people because "ur beleafs r dum"  or "if u don beleve in god u bern in hell", it doesn't matter what anyone believes in. But if someone is mean about it to someone else or me or anything, get ready because no matter who you are I'm busting out the argument guns on your closed-mined :blink:ss 

post-31307-0-35006600-1426385713.png

• Brohoof 1

1. Watches My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
  2. Is not inside the target demographic
  3. Does not believe in the existence of God

Check, Check, Check!

I'm an atheist brony! :mellow:

--

Starting from about a year ago, I slowly left Evangelical Christianity after realizing that creationism requires either a belief in a large scientific conspiracy to hide (so-called) evidence of a worldwide flood and a recent creation, or that most scientists are a bunch of morons that can't see evidence of it if it hit them in the face! :huh: Yes, I wasn't going to accept evolution and be a Christian at the same time. They are incompatible, in my opinion.

After reading about the scientific method from someone besides creationists, I realized that there is no compelling evidence for the existence of God.

--

I will tolerate other people's religious beliefs, even if I don't agree with them.

I hope this isn't too poorly written, but I'm still pretty new in my lack of belief, so I haven't fully formulated my opinions on everything relating to religion, science and rationalism yet. It's still new to me.

(Edit log: Fixed capitalization error)

Edited by Mysterious Grepper

I'm an Athiest/Anti-Thiest... meaning that i not only do not believe in a god, i try to be as active in stopping religion as possible. Although i try to love all people, whether they are religious or not... the religion can cause them to do some messed up things... So as i like to say... "Hate the religion, NOT the person." I try to keep these things out of MLP forums, because this place is so kind, i don't want it to dissolve into pure hatred of people.

i am on the same page as you  i hate religon too not the people . but of course if i am too open about it people will hate me soo i try my best to keep it to myself.