Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many ATHEIST bronies out there?

Hey,

I'm a christian, and I want to say how awesome it is that you atheists don't let Christians get you down about your believes. I accept all religions, and if any christians try to stample you beliefs, we are not all that way. Keep believing what you are believing.

/)

Edited by Sir.Flutter Hooves
  • Brohoof 9

I'm an atheist as well... but I don't know how good of an idea this thread is on a forum website with a diverse community.
Well as diverse as this community is I don't think there's too much harm. It's not like were promoting atheism or trash talking religion. It's good to know there are secular people out there because where I live, I'm one of a handful of people. I get ton's of hate for it :( 
  • Brohoof 1

Now we come to the head of what science really is, data compilation. As scientist we compile data-sets and compare the results to our probability predictions. While our refined theories are more likely, we can never rule out the possibility of something unlikely.

Now, you might believe that I am giving our counter-parts ammunition, on the contrary, I am saying we leave those doors open, and nothing ever emerges. If we closed those doors, and declared it as an impossibility, then an argument could be made that we did not give the theory a chance. The gaps are closing, and god has very few places left to hide.

But, as you said, i can't and won't declare it as an impossibility, i just won't acknowledge it to be scientific, or as "proven" as some things in science. 

I completely agree.

Which is why I love the Equality House. img-1390388-1-biggrin.png

attachicon.gifequality.jpg

Gay couple bought a house across from WBC and painted it rainbow.

These guys ROCK.

But yeah, I hate that they think the people who died (including the police officer who got shot trying to catch the suspects) deserved to die because it was "god's will".

One of them was an 8 year old child.

Lets not forget then loving the fact that "god" killed all those "Faggot"( their words, i cringe at even saying this now) children and adults at sandy hook elementry, of which i live about 10 miles away from.... and know the kids and parents that are involved in the school there...

But lets not make this thread derail into a "everyone in the world hates the WBC". 

• Brohoof 1

I am atheist because the whole god thing just seems so ilogoical. I feel like religion is an excuse to say whatever or using it to justify opinions. I can easily say Arceus is the real god and all that good stuff because freedom of religion. What really pisses me off is when people say atheist as satanist.

Exactly! Thus, I can never declare myself as a full-fledged atheist, because I can not say with 100% certainty that a god like omniscient being does not exist. Instead, in the realm of intellectuals, I prefer to label myself as a highly prejudiced agnostic. I lean heavily into the atheist mindset, though I will still keep those doors open for solid evidence. I don't see myself converting to a worshiper any time soon.

We're all bronies here, that is the most important thing. tongue.png There is no reason to ever attack anyone on beliefs they hold unless those beliefs are harming someone else. (

Contrary to popular belief, most (smart) atheists never state that there is no god, we just say that "The bible does not provide sufficient evidence to convince us." of course the word "bible"can be replaced with Qu'ran, Torah etc etc. 

This is the general view held by atheist, however, the etymology of 'atheism' defines itself as the rejection of any possibility of a god. Thus I define myself as an agnostic.

Hmm, to my knowledge an agnostic is the belief of "something" that could be out there, that is has not necessarily been discovered yet, however, is likely to exist. Its a more spiritual way to approach things, however, an athiest just says what i stated above. It does not confirm nor deny it. 

Hey,

I'm a christian, and I want to say how awesome it is that you atheists don't let Christians get you down about your believes. I accept all religions, and if any christians try to stample you beliefs, we are not all that way. Keep believing what you are believing.

/)

Thank you for being a part of the ever-shrinking and growing portion of those who are Christian that are approving of what we believe and that I show immense respect for. Props to you.

• Brohoof 1

Hey,   I'm a christian, and I want to say how awesome it is that you atheists don't let Christians get you down about your believes. I accept all religions, and if any christians try to stample you beliefs, we are not all that way. Keep believing what you are believing.   /)

/) 

And I don't think Christians get me down when talking about religion. There's a difference between educating and shoving down your throat lol. Atheists can be just the same too though, it bugs me :S   

Edited by Leaf Link
  • Brohoof 4

I am atheist in the sense that I don't believe in a deity, but at the same time I am agnostic because I think it cannot be known for certain. So, my best description would be agnostic atheist.

I am fine with religion as long as the religious focus on the good part of their religion. For example, I think a Christian living day to day following the message of love in the Gospels is great. However, being homophobic, flying planes into buildings, or trying to prevent the teaching of evolution is something that I will not tolerate. Luckily, most religious people aren't that extreme, so 90% of the time I'm fine with it.

Exactly! Thus, I can never declare myself as a full-fledged atheist, because I can not say with 100% certainty that a god like omniscient being does not exist. Instead, in the realm of intellectuals, I prefer to label myself as a highly prejudiced agnostic. I lean heavily into the atheist mindset, though I will still keep those doors open for solid evidence. I don't see myself converting to a worshiper any time soon.
I personally cannot put my finger on any way for a god to exist. But then again how would we know? Maybe if there is a god, he wouldn't bother with pesky little humans like us. It's like walking next to an ant hill on a sidewalk. you might bend down and look at them, but you don't interact like a god towards them. So maybe god created us and that's it.

Still, I can't say I'm an agnostic because the definition of god that we have is just not likely. A deity would not have any characteristics that humans could detect, it would be way above out knowledge. Maybe god's just energy, or nothingness itself. Who know's that's the fun ^.^

I'm technically an atheist but the term has been used as a term of ridicule since I was six so I prefer to just say I am a free, no religious person.  In some cases I tell people I'm Equestrian!  

If I did choose a religion I would become a Pagan or a Wiccan because it's all about worshiping nature and animals.

I'm technically an atheist but the term has been used as a term of ridicule since I was six so I prefer to just say I am a free, no religious person.  In some cases I tell people I'm Equestrian!  

If I did choose a religion I would become a Pagan or a Wiccan because it's all about worshiping nature and animals.

Or =) you can choice the most atheist religion =) Buddhism! They don't believe in a god, however, they do follow certain things that apparently make them better people. Edited by Cyric
Let's not turn a discussion into a diatribe
  • Brohoof 2

Honestly, I gotta say I am a bit athiest.

Pains me to say it, but I've been realizing a lot of stuff to not believe in christianity fully.

I keep it a secret though, as this would kill me against my parents though...

• Brohoof 1

Well I'm a Christian kinda...I mean I believe in god but I really suck at following his rules. I usually don't care if people are atheist as long as they don't start shit with me and as long as they don't use it as an excuse to go rape someone. I remember when I first found out the person I looked up to the most was atheist. At first I kinda freaked out but quickly got over it. I know this is like a calling all atheist thing but I just kinda want to put in my vote that I don't really care what y'all are and I also have not found yet this Christian bronies thread someone stated. I also have found that most of the bronies I talk to are atheist actually. I hope though this thread doesn't spark up some violence.

I guess I kinda am, I honestly find the idea of God a bit hard to swallow even with a "Christian" up bringing, and all that shit that priests spit out made it even harder for me to believe. 
Despite that I do have my own beliefs, which are considered blasphemy by my local church. Quite amusing tbh.

Well I'm a Christian kinda...I mean I believe in god but I really suck at following his rules. I usually don't care if people are atheist as long as they don't start shit with me and as long as they don't use it as an excuse to go rape someone. I remember when I first found out the person I looked up to the most was atheist. At first I kinda freaked out but quickly got over it. I know this is like a calling all atheist thing but I just kinda want to put in my vote that I don't really care what y'all are and I also have not found yet this Christian bronies thread someone stated. I also have found that most of the bronies I talk to are atheist actually. I hope though this thread doesn't spark up some violence.

Hmm.... i don't think many athiests use athiesm as an excuse to rape people... judging america like it is now... the judicial system is more likely to let a christian go, rather than an athiest... although it should be impartial. 

Hmm.... i don't think many athiests use athiesm as an excuse to rape people... judging america like it is now... the judicial system is more likely to let a christian go, rather than an athiest... although it should be impartial.

well you see that wasn't exactly my point of just raping people. I just used that as an example cause I use to have a friend named Curtis who used his atheism as an excuse to deny the law do drugs and get into that kind of activity I wasn't exactly aiming for it to just be centered around rape

I'm an atheist. I do not believe that God is real in any shape or form, nor any other religions' gods.

Though, I do not yell at people saying God is not real, and you're stupid for believing him. I believe that people can follow any religion they want, it's completely fine. If you want to believe there is a man in the clouds, go ahead. I won't force you not to.

One thing I hate about SOME religious people, is the ones that force you to believe in God. If I don't want to believe in God, I will not, and you shouldn't be forcing me to. I have my own choices.

~Colgate

Edited by Colgate♥
  • Brohoof 4

I'd like to congratulate you on starting this thread.  It is very brave to stick your head out of the crowd and risk being singled out.  Every time I do it, I see an object flying my way happy.png

But seriously, I believe man created gods to explain phenomena and to convey moral and social norms.  That includes the Abrahamic god that Judaism, Christianity and Islam worship.  He wasn't the first, nor the last god on record, he's just pretty popular.

That doesn't mean I look down on those who have faith in that god or other gods.  I have faith in things too!  Faith is an important and healthy thing for a person to have!  I'm just a born skeptic and look at things with a wide angle lens.  

I do have a slight problem with Atheism  though I'd be considered and atheist.  It implies that the Abrahamic god is the only god but you don't believe in him.  I've met self proclaimed atheists who believe in ancestor spirits and jinn and other mythological things.  It just seems to exclude the one god that a bunch of people loudly support, like an opposition to those people.  I don't support that.

So, I'd call myself a Humanist, if anything, but it is a type of atheism, just a type that doesn't go around trying to disprove matters of faith, rather having faith in this mortal plane and putting your chips in the basket that maybe one day we'll all get along and be cool to each other.  That also colors my political beliefs (won't get into THAT on this board) and how I interact with people.  Try to give good vibes, hope to get good vibes back.  It's all very hippy-ish, haha.

• Brohoof 1

well you see that wasn't exactly my point of just raping people. I just used that as an example cause I use to have a friend named Curtis who used his atheism as an excuse to deny the law do drugs and get into that kind of activity I wasn't exactly aiming for it to just be centered around rape

Not to be offensive towards your friend, but if he used athiesm as an excuse for that, he wasn't the smartest guy was he? Religion and morals don't coincide as well as many think they do.