Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many ATHEIST bronies out there?

I'm Atheist, I didn't really choose to become one, it's just the way I was raised and I stuck with it.

I remember in elementary school, my friend asked me if I was baptized and I was like  :blink: . He then said if you weren't baptized, you would go to a place called "hell" and be tortured for eternity. I went home crying to my mom.  :(

To each their own though, whatever you want to believe is fine by me, as long as you don't shove it in my face.

• Brohoof 1

Another Atheist to add to the list. Well, the only reason that I am an atheist is that I just simply don't understand religions. They just don't make sense to me. Don't get me wrong, though, I fully respect people with beliefs in gods and such(Well, maybe not those that shove it in my face and force or threaten me to join them)

• Brohoof 1

Since this thread is popular again, I guess I'll pop in and introduce myself again. Yeah, atheist right here. I was baptised Catholic or Christian or whatever at an early age most likely because of my dad and grandparents seeing it as the norm. My mom wasn't religious and neither am I. Though with the way Louisiana public schools are, I was sent to a catholic school in fourth grade after I failed out of a magnet school (I got one D). I followed along with this religion as I was young and ignorant, until the seventh grade where I just learned more about science and watched YouTube videos about science vs religion and about great minds like Carl Sagan. I was the outcast girl because of my lack of religion and yet I still went to a catholic high school because it was the norm. I'm seen as the troublemaker there because, unlike the friends I made there, I was pretty open about being an atheist. At the end of sophomore year, I was nearly kicked out, but I withdrew and went to a public high school where I would meet new, more idiotic religious nuts

I am definitely an atheist but I don't have an issue with other people having a religion. I think that you can believe in whatever you want and even though I don't believe in god and all that stuff, I'm not going to go "all out" on people just because they have a different view point than me. Even though religion can drive people to horrible things, it's what they believe. That doesn't make it right but if they learn from their own mistakes, it will be more effective than if someone tells them. I don't think it's my place to tell people they are wrong just because of what I believe.

Atheist/Anti-theist here. I was born into christianity, and left it the instant I could.

I view religion as a parasite on humanity that needs to be cut away, otherwise it will continue drain away our potential as a race and leave us in the dark.

• Brohoof 2

I am an Agnostic Atheist, most atheists are. Meaning I don't know that there is not a god, but I do not find substantial evidence for it. 

Edit: Everyone is an atheist to some religion

Edited by ARagY
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am an Agnostic Atheist, most atheists are. Meaning I don't know that there is not a god, but I do not find substantial evidence for it. 

Edit: Everyone is an atheist to some religion

Not really. Jews, Muslism, and Christians worship the same gods. I see the other gods (hinduism and the gods of antiquity, etc) as possibly angels or demons, since some share characteristics of them.

I'm an athiest. Even though the idea of religion doesn't make much sense to me, I really respect others' beliefs. I don't see any point on hating someone simply because of their religion, anyway.

I don't really think the abrahamic religions should be relevant anymore due to evidence proving them to be wrong based on archaeological history of old israel which is clear as day. It just confuses the child in general.

But i'm not gonna be all cynical about it. People are people which is cool :)

Edited by ShintX

Not really. Jews, Muslism, and Christians worship the same gods. I see the other gods (hinduism and the gods of antiquity, etc) as possibly angels or demons, since some share characteristics of them.

What about the spaghetti monster

Or ones you haven't heard of?

Agnostic here. I don't really like talking about it with people, since i just really believe that kindness and being a decent human being is not latched into religion. One time it did come up though, people treated me differently for a while which was kind of ironic considering their own beliefs haha. 

I'm a Christian and have no problem with non believers. I do get annoyed when (what I considers militant Atheist (and yes I know the Christian community has militants as well)) Atheist want the words: like God taken out from any public building or the town square. I also have a few Atheist blow up in my face when I wished them a Merry Christmas. Then it just comes down to people believe they have a right to be not offended. When such a right does not exist. I know Religious group does stupid stuff as well  and I will not defend their actions.

Yet another atheist to add to the pile. I've been one for a while. Religion was forced on me all my life and I eventually got fed up with it. Also, my brain isn't really hardwired to accept things without some tangible evidence to support it. If you can just believe in something, that's great. It's kind of the point of religion, to have faith, to believe in something greater than you. I can't do that, my brain is logic driven and untill evidence is brought forward any idea, be it religious or scientific, is just a theory.

I pretty much consider myself an atheist. I just have trouble believing that everything was created by one being. There is absolutely no tangible evidence that points towards an omnipotent being. I believe we just don't know and want an answer, so when we don't have one we say it was God.