Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Worst album by your favorite artist?

Woohoo

I've seen a lot of favorite artist and album threads, now we need to see the other side of the spectrum. What is the worst album by your favorite artist? Here's a few of mine

ACϟDC: Blow Up Your Video (too much filler)

Aerosmith: Just Push Play (Kinda obvious, sounds way too poppy, even Joe Perry dislikes this album)

Guns N' Roses: Chinese Democracy (Overdone... just overdone)

Iron Maiden: No Prayer For The Dying (very half-assed with a few ridiculous song names, "Bring your Daughter to the Slaughter," lol wut?)

Led Zeppelin: In Through The Outdoor (not bad, but weak compared to their previous work, also contains their worst song ever... "Hot Dog")

Megadeth: Super Collider (...)

Metallica: St. Anger (Pretty obvious, but this album was made during a bad time for the band)

Red Hot Chili Peppers: One Hot Minute (No disrespect to Dave Navarro but his style didn't fit in with the band)

NOTE: If an album you like is mentioned, PLEASE be mature about it.

Edited by Woohoo
  • Brohoof 2

My favorite Artist would be Coldplay, but my least favorite album from them would be X &Y. I definitely don't hate this album, it has a lot of good songs on it, but there are a bunch of songs that aren't exactly my favorites. Also, the transitions don't flow as well as other albums.

Rush: Vapor Trails or Power Windows (These albums are boring to me)

Avenged Sevenfold: Avenged Sevenfold (This album feels way too poppy and bland to me)

Disturbed: The Lost Children (There are some songs that just aren't very good)

Metallica: Load/Reload/St. Anger (I just don't care for these at all)

Atreyu: Lead Sails Paper Anchor (Most of the songs aren't that great)

My Chemical Romance: Conventional Weapons (There's only like one decent song on this)

Trivium: In Waves (The songs aren't all that great except for a few)

That's all I can think of right now.

Edited by Champion RD92
  • Brohoof 4

Um.. I guess even though I don't really pick favorites for the sake of this I'll pick skillet, and I guess I'll say maybe the Album titled "Skillet" or maybe just "Ardent Worship" its not that I dislike either, infact I'm a Christian and like worship music, but I like the originals and worship music from worship artists more, and as for the album skillet I just really don't like many of the songs there yet, then again I may grow a liking for them who knows.

I don't think of an artist's work in terms of albums, but rather in terms of individual songs.

On that note, I absolutely love OneRepublic, but Apologize and Feel Again were quite mediocre. Especially compared to songs like All the Right Moves, Secrets, and Stop and Stare.

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm....In my opinion all of Rise Against's work has been spectacular. By comparison, though, Endgame would be their weakest album.

It's still crazy super awesome, though.

I can't think of anything. I like every song made by Nirvana,same applies to Carcass and Death. Opeth doesn't have a bad song and neither do The Smiths.

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee

Rush: Vapor Trails or Power Windows (These albums are boring to me)

Metallica: Load/Reload/St. Anger (I just don't care for these at all)

Gotta agree on the Rush albums. As for the Metallica albums, Load and Reload a few good songs, it's St. Anger I can't stand. Mainly because of the drum sound. >_<

Well my favorite band is Dream Theater so... Let's see the worst would have to be Falling Into Infinity, because when this album was created it had a lot of bias from the record label they currently had. So it made most of the songs on that album "non- dream theateresque" There are still I few really good songs on the album though like Peruvian Skies, Hell's kitchen, and New Millennium!

• Brohoof 2

Around The Sun by R.E.M.

It's got a few good songs, but they all sound so flat. Too many keyboards and bleeps, not enough guitar. Singer sounds half-asleep. A rap guest spot that comes out of nowhere and isn't good at all. The whole thing is way too long and there aren't enough changes to the tone and style.

• Brohoof 1

The Beatles: Let it Be. Not a bad album by any stretch, but the least good of any Beatles album. It also contains the worst Beatles song, Dig a Pony.

David Bowie: Tonight. This was during Bowie's weird pop phase that no one liked. There are decent songs here, but most of it is UUUGGHHHH

All I can think of at the moment.

• Brohoof 1

The Beatles: Let it Be. Not a bad album by any stretch, but the least good of any Beatles album. It also contains the worst Beatles song, Dig a Pony.

I feel the same way about Let It Be. In fact, most bad albums aren't even that bad, just weak compared to the band's previous work. And Dig a Pony... I got nothing.

Soundgarden: King Animal (This album wasn't that bad, but it wasn't as good as their stuff from the 90's)

Skream: Outside the Box (Sure, it had Exothermic Reaction, but that's it)

Adept: Death Dealers (Not bad, but not as good as the other two albums)

Benga: Chapter II (Too much singing and mainstreaming here, I just want some grimy Dubstep, dammit!)

Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn Of Events

While the album isn't a terrible one, I just can't take it seriously after I listen to Metropolis Pt.II or Train Of Thought. It seems like DT are just watering themselves down way too much on this album.

Deadmau5 - 4x4=12

This whole album is just....no..NO.....NOOOO god damnit I can't stand almost every single song on this album, it's all just 90% bass wobbles, and seriously something like that coming out of the guy who did the 10 minute epic named Strobe. For god's sake just kill me if I ever have to sit through this earbleeding torture again.

ISIS - In The Absence Of Truth

With the exception of Holy Tears, the songs on this album are all just meh to me, they're nothing special at all.

Daft Punk - Human After All

I'm just not a huge fan of this style at all, it is interesting though it's only good to listen to for about 2-3 times before the album eventually wears off and gets boring. It would be better off if the songs were much shorter than they are.

Radiohead - The King of Limbs

The songs off of this album, they just plain bore me. They're only enjoyable to listen to once before I'm done with it.

Squarepusher - Ufabulum

While I don't find this album to be terrible, nor do I find it to be bad, I'm seriously not into it at all. The tracks are all okay, but there's nothing that's really big coming from it.

• Brohoof 1

Iron Maiden: ...Tough to say just one, but pretty much any of the Blaze Bayley albums. The songs themselves weren't necessarily bad, but Blaze Bayley fit into Iron Maiden about as well as a [insert simile here with something that doesn't go together well].

Rush: I'd have to say "Snakes and Arrows". The instrumentals are great, but I didn't care for much of the lyrical songs. I listen to rush for grandiose Ayn Rand and prog rock, not for a lecture on how we are screwing up the environment.

Metallica: St. Anger. Just...what were they thinking? That is one of the biggest disasters I've heard from a great band. At least they made a huge comeback with Death Magnetic. Not quite up to their normal standards, but definitely a big step up.

Edited by thebobmaster
  • Brohoof 1

Favorite artist? Coheed And Cambria.

Their worst album? Hate to try and pick a "worst", but..."Year Of The Black Rainbow". It gave off this kinda whiny, emo vibe. Still got some good songs, but it just wasn't anywhere near as good as any of their other work.

Oh man, oh man. Eminem during that stint in 2009. I can not recall the name of that album, but it was horrid. He made a nice come-back in 2010 though.

I believe you're referring to "Relapse". Personally, I agree, but it had a couple of decent songs. "3 AM" is just an awkward pile of shit though.

Disturbed: The Lost Children (There are some songs that just aren't very good)

My Chemical Romance: Conventional Weapons (There's only like one decent song on this)

...to be fair, these weren't so much "albums" as "collections of semi-finished songs that didn't make it onto other albums".

Seriously. "Lost Children" is all B-sides and bonus tracks, and "Conventional Weapons" is an album they ended up giving up on before starting "Danger Days".

Edited by ToxicNinja78

...to be fair, these weren't so much "albums" as "collections of semi-finished songs that didn't make it onto other albums".

Seriously. "Lost Children" is all B-sides and bonus tracks, and "Conventional Weapons" is an album they ended up giving up on before starting "Danger Days".

Yes, I know, silly ^.^

I guess I would say Asylum is my least favorite Disturbed album then. 

I would say either Three Cheers or Danger Days would be my least favorite MCR album.

Yes, I know, silly ^.^

I guess I would say Asylum is my least favorite Disturbed album then. 

I would say either Three Cheers or Danger Days would be my least favorite MCR album.

Ah. Meh, I loved "Asylum". Worst, I'd have to say is "Believe".

But hey, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

And I'd agree on Danger Days, but I personally LOVED Three Cheers.

Ah. Meh, I loved "Asylum". Worst, I'd have to say is "Believe".

But hey, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

And I'd agree on Danger Days, but I personally LOVED Three Cheers.

I like all of Disturbed's albums, they're one of my favorite bands. I also liked Three Cheers, but not as much as Black Parade and their first album.

Oooooh my. This should be fun.

Blink-182: Neighborhoods. Freaking. Neighborhoods. Argh. I just...I can't. Blink-182 went from hilariously awesome, and a rather fond memory of my childhood, to something that...just seems like an overdone emo band to me. It's no longer fun, it's no longer catchy, it's just...depressing. I can't really explain it more than that.

All That Remains: Behind Silence and Solitude (It just...isn't ATR to me. *shrug* It could be how flat everything sounds, but that might just be my ears.)

That's...most of my dislike right there. To be honest, most of it comes from Blink-182's downfall.

I'm honestly surprised about one album that No one has yet Mentioned, Or perhaps we're all trying to forget it ever happened. I thought everyone would be bringing up Metallica's collaboration with Aging Beat musician Lou Reed, titled Lulu. While I personally find this to be a work of comedic genius, and genuinely get great enjoyment out of listening to it, I thought more people would have been appalled by Metallica's involvement. Haha, in any case... my list would probably include

Megadeth - Risk, or The world Needs a Hero. - Both were uninteresting and seemed a bit phoned in. 

3 Inches of Blood - Here waits thy Doom -  ditto, also first record without 2 singers

Exodus - Fabulous disaster - I hate to list this one because is has incredible songs, however, the album as a whole is bogged down by 2 dumb covers, a gimmicky, Cajun themed song, and the silly live staple "Toxic Waltz"

GWAR - anything from the mid-late 90's - *sigh* Sadly my favorite metal Band went through a dark time with albums like Ragnarok, Carnival of Chaos, and We Kill Everything. Too many dumb, or uninteresting songs, and not enough Heavy Metal sound. I tried so hard to be a fanboy and like them... but in the end i couldn't do it...

King Diamond - Abigail - Although this album is considered a master work, and his maybe King's most well known piece, I find this album to be inferior to all the subsequent records He and his band put out. It's not a bad Album, I just think it's overrated  and doesn't stand up against the rest of his catalog. 

There's my list, for what it's worth. Let me know if you're familiar with any of the records listed, and if you agree or disagree :)

• Brohoof 2

I seriously thought about mentioning the worst album ever produced by my favorite band, but you're probably never heard of them biggrin.png

In all seriousness, St. Anger. Although Metallica isn't really my favorite band anymore (not that I don't like them. I just don't listen to them as much anymore), they were at that time, and I was utterly disgusted when I heard music from it the first time. Don't do solos? What were they thinking?? lol That's like The Beatles not getting stoned off their asses and not writing Yellow Submarine! haha But Death Magnetic did really redeem those guys a lot. 

Edited by ThatOneBrony
  • Brohoof 2