Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Worst album by your favorite artist?

Woohoo

Oh let's thumb through the old vinyl and see what I can come up with...

Simon & Garfunkel: Bookends. It's one of those albums that has to be listened to all in one sitting. It has no memorable songs so it's all or nothing. It's not so much bad as it is weak.

The Who: Anything post Keith Moon. They lost their edge when Keith died, and those 3 albums sucked.

The Beatles: Something New. Half of the damn sing were already released on Hard Day's Night. Just a cash in.

I'm sure there's more but I can't think of them

The Band formerly known as Guns N' Roses: Chinese Democracy (To quote Syndrome from The Incredibles, "Too late, 15 years too late")

I would argue that Chinese Democracy was MUCH better than G N' R Lies and The Spaghetti Incident.

It was every bit as good as Appetite for Destruction.

Their worst was The Spaghetti Incident.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite band is Disturbed... so staying true to the title of this topic, their worst album has to be Hell. Its a fantastic album, one of my favorite of all time but it's not as good as their others >.>

Ok, so albums i dislike by bands that i do like:

Bullet for my valentine - Temper Temper... What the actual buck were they thinking?!?

Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto... Paradise, while being overplayed as hell is a good song, so is Every tear drop is a waterfall, but i disliked all the other songs on this album.

Enter Shikari - Take to the skys... Mothership and Sorry You're Not A Winner are my two favorite Shikari songs, but everything else on the album sucked.

Foo Fighters - Wasting Light... Rope, Arlandria, These Days and Walk are all fantastic songs, why couldn't they have written a few more to go with them and released that as an album rather than this piss poor attempt.

Korn - Korn III Remember who you are... Let the Gilt Go is the only good song on this album, the others are just okish.

Rammstein - Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da... Waidmanns Heil is the only good song on here, the others are unbearably bad.

Thats all i can think of right now :3

BTW, am i the ONLY person who likes St.Anger?!?! :/

• Brohoof 1

Exodus - Fabulous disaster - I hate to list this one because is has incredible songs, however, the album as a whole is bogged down by 2 dumb covers, a gimmicky, Cajun themed song, and the silly live staple "Toxic Waltz"

I like Fabulous Disaster D:< And their cover of Lowrider is badass too. :(

So anyways I've thought of some now.

Destruction: The Least Succesful Human Cannonball

I tried listening to a song of this album once, it was fucking awful. I'd rather listen to Slipknot.

Celtic Frost: Cold Lake

The song Cherry Orchards is good for 40 seconds, and then it turns to shit.

I can't think of anymore.

Around The Sun by R.E.M. It's got a few good songs, but they all sound so flat. Too many keyboards and bleeps, not enough guitar. Singer sounds half-asleep. A rap guest spot that comes out of nowhere and isn't good at all. The whole thing is way too long and there aren't enough changes to the tone and style.

I just came here to post the EXACT same thing. Electron Blue, Final Straw, Wanderlust, Boy in the Well Aftermath and Ascent of Man are okay, but the rest is just meh.

I'm not a big fan of Leaving New York. I used to like it a lot, but I tend to skip it now.

Me walks away when every muscle says to stay, too many yesterdays, they each way heavy, who says what changes may come, who says what we call home

img-1393890-1-pinkie4.gif

Edited by Circadian

@@Urkelbot: Ha, I loved Cajun Hell and Toxic Waltz! They're so delightfully zany... biggrin.png

Slayer: Diabolus in Musica

Megadeth: Risk

Testament: Demonic (way too much death growling...barf!)

Sodom: Get What You Deserve

Sepultura: Against and Nation

Pantera: Everything before Power Metal

Iced Earth: Burnt Offerings

Anthrax: Everything with John Bush on vocals

• Brohoof 1

Muse: origin of symmetry. Some of their best songs were from that album, but so we're some of their worst. It didn't really work as an album

Well other than muse I don't really have that many complete albums.

I just came here to post the EXACT same thing. Electron Blue, Final Straw, Wanderlust, Boy in the Well Aftermath and Ascent of Man are okay, but the rest is just meh.

I'm not a big fan of Leaving New York. I used to like it a lot, but I tend to skip it now.

Me walks away when every muscle says to stay, too many yesterdays, they each way heavy, who says what changes may come, who says what we call home

img-1393890-1-pinkie4.gif

It's a shame because the live version of that song KICKS ASS:

Hell, EVERY AtS song sounds way better live. Don't know what happened in the studio, but they really dropped the ball. Thankfully they got a new producer after that and got their sound back.

• Brohoof 1

@@Urkelbot: Ha, I loved Cajun Hell and Toxic Waltz! They're so delightfully zany... img-1393952-1-biggrin.png

Anthrax: Everything with John Bush on vocals

I like Fabulous Disaster D:< And their cover of Lowrider is badass too. sad.png

haha, i know, I know. I really do love the album, I just feel like it bounces around too much between Goofy and Dark. Cajun Hell isn't bad, it and toxic waltz are lots of fun. Low Rider is fun too! I guess they just change the mood that songs like last act of defiance, and fabulous disaster give me. 

also @  I really liked Bush as a vocalist and a frontman as well.  

• Brohoof 1

haha, i know, I know. I really do love the album, I just feel like it bounces around too much between Goofy and Dark. Cajun Hell isn't bad, it and toxic waltz are lots of fun. Low Rider is fun too! I guess they just change the mood that songs like last act of defiance, and fabulous disaster give me. 

also @  I really liked Bush as a vocalist and a frontman as well.  

He wasn't a bad vocalist, I actually really like the song "Only" but as a whole, I just didn't like the songs themselves throughout the Bush era. If people think Metallica lost touch with their thrash roots, then Anthrax lost touch and then some, IMO.

Still, it was cool they got Dimebag Darrell to play on one of their songs from that era. R.I.P., Dime... sad.png

Linkin Park- Minutes To Midnight

I respect that they wanted to reinvent themselves, but this is their weakest studio album in my opinion.

KISS- Well, let's be honest, they have quite a few "bad" albums. So it would be hard for me to list one.

Led Zeppelin- Coda. I enjoyed this one the least out of all of them. But I haven't heard too many Led Zeppelin songs that I didn't like. Then again, this is my all-time favorite band, so that could have something to do with it.

Kamelot- Mostly anything pre-Khan. With Khan, Poetry For The Poisoned.

• Brohoof 1

I don't...well, I don't really buy albums. xD

*gets pelted with rocks* OW! OW! WAIT, HOLD ON!

I mean, I check them out of the library occasionally, but the opportunity to do so is usually rare. But I'll have to say that Reba McEntire's Duets was pretty lame, as I don't think she blended very well with the other artists.

Also, I rent a lot of soundtracks. So it would be like disliking a certain point in a movie or something, which generally isn't true. xD Specific songs I can do, because 90% of the music by my favorite artists are overrated.

Like Coldplay's Paradise. Ugh. I get kind of sick of that after a while. And The Script's Breakeven.

• 1 year later...

Morbid Angel's "Illud Divinum Insanus"

all the songs sounds awful except "Nevermore", which is my favorite in all the album, "Existo Vulgore" "Blades For Baal" and maybe "I Am Morbid" but i'm not sure if it's a good song at all...

*EDIT:

There's also that last Megadeth album "Super Collider" which is lacking of good content is recongnizable for, the only song that is worth listening for me is "Kingmaker"

Edited by ExperimentalMLPguy

ICP: Regarded as their best album by many Juggalos, Carnival of Carnage to me is absolutely awful, spare a few decent tracks. It's old-school, and it shows. The rhyming is unbearable and the beats are generic.

Korn: "Untitled" and "See You On The Other Side" are their worst albums to date. While "SYOTOS" is full of jazzy, funk style riffs and kicks which dilute the sound into a strange mixture of noises, "Untitled" is a cluttered mess of B-side quality material, packed with inconsistent drumming and tired vocals.

Linkin Park: While I appreciate practically their entire discography, "Minutes to Midnight" is their weakest effort. Coming off their mostly rap-rock nu-metal influenced freshman and sophomore albums, Minutes to Midnight features little rapping, while abandoning most of the scratching by the band's DJ, Mr. Hahn. There are plenty of gems to be found (My favorites being "No Roads Left", "What I've Done", and "Bleed It Out"), and I still think it's a solid album all around, but it doesn't quite match the rest of their work.

Bayside: While I like all their albums, the self titled "Bayside" has the least variety. It's great, but not as great as their other albums.

• Brohoof 1

The Division Bell- Pink Floyd

Such a dissapointment, even "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" topped this, the band was nothing without the creative guidance of Roger Waters.

In flames - siren charms. It wasn't that bad its just very boring because the song structure is the same for ever song.

The killers - battleborn. I didn't find the lyrics of this album nearly as good as all their previous ones but it was still great.

Avenged sevenfold - hail to the king. None of the songs were as good as any of their other stuff. The change is sound in this album made their music less catchy with a lot less hooks so songs like acid rain and hail to the king just drag on.

it hurt me writing bad things about some of my favourite bands :'(

21st Century Breakdown and everything after it by Green Day.

The had forsaken their much punkier early days for a much poppier vibe, and it's just not good. American Idiot did that, but at least it was interesting, and felt like a natural progression.

"I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love" by My Chemical Romance is probably mine. I like all of their albums but I keep forgetting that it even exists. 

Other than that, I got nothing, I don't normally look at them as albums, but rather the songs by themselves. 

White Album by the Beatles   A double album, it has about 1 good side worth of music out of 4.  Revolution 9 (number 9, number 9) sounds like #2, #2.  Manson thought Helter Skelter was secret instructions on how to take over the world & it inspired him to order the Tate-La Bianca murders.  The jury said he was sane, so maybe he was right. It sure as Hell wasn't meant to be music. Mean Mister Mustard must have been meant for 2 year olds.  Stupid 2 year olds.   People tell you drugs don't ruin your mind, play Sergeant Peppers Lonely Heart's Club Band album & then a couple slices off this turkey.  Say "They went from all that to that in 3 years..  Drugs didn't ruin their minds? Then, do you have any idea what did?"

Plenty of albums suck worse, but this is the worst I ever bought.

• Brohoof 1

Nightwish - Dark Passion Play. 

It was first album by Nightwish recorded with Annette Olzon instead of Tarja, but of course my reason to dislike it goes further than into blind fanboyism which some people show (OMG, no Tarja it sucks!!11oneone). Let's just say that latest album - Imaginaerium recorded with Anette as well is nothing short but epic as band has finally found perfect "ground" for new vocalist and her voice was shining on that one. 

Why I dislike Dark Passion Play? Because it sounded like cheap pop album blended with heavy guitars. Amaranth was only song that was acceptable for me, the rest of the album was pretty boring and lacked some nice riffs or melodies at all. Anette was feeling very out of place singing only some simple vocal lines that were definitely just shown to her with a simple order "sing that and don't question". Ever since she appeared in metal I kept telling that it is not her fault the album sucked. She had many appearances on albums of other metal artists and her work was always a great one. 

There is also infamous Bye Bye Beautiful that was dumb attempt to diss Tarja after all the drama that was caused by her being kicked out from band. Nightwish should be ashamed of recording that kind of a song, I thought they are better than this. And I hope they will never do that again.

Too bad of course Anette was kicked out now with same drama as in Tarja's case. So there are chances of another crappy diss on next album just with yet another new vocalist... >.> 

Avenged Sevenfold- Hail to the King

Sure, the self-titled white record isn't the greatest overall either, but at least has enough great and memorable songs from it. HttK however, well... doesn't really have anything like that. The most boring A7X record. :P

AFI- Decemberunderground

Don't go back to it nearly as much as I do Sing the Sorrow and Crash Love, there's some good stuff on it sure but it just doesn't reach the heights of the other two for me. Their punk stuff from when they just started out isn't much to write home about either. :wacko:

Metallica- St. Anger

Great making-of film, but the finished product... yeah, what more needs to be said except, well, it's not great. :huh:

• Brohoof 1

Nightwish - Dark Passion Play. 

It was first album by Nightwish recorded with Annette Olzon instead of Tarja, but of course my reason to dislike it goes further than into blind fanboyism which some people show (OMG, no Tarja it sucks!!11oneone). Let's just say that latest album - Imaginaerium recorded with Anette as well is nothing short but epic as band has finally found perfect "ground" for new vocalist and her voice was shining on that one. 

Why I dislike Dark Passion Play? Because it sounded like cheap pop album blended with heavy guitars. Amaranth was only song that was acceptable for me, the rest of the album was pretty boring and lacked some nice riffs or melodies at all. Anette was feeling very out of place singing only some simple vocal lines that were definitely just shown to her with a simple order "sing that and don't question". Ever since she appeared in metal I kept telling that it is not her fault the album sucked. She had many appearances on albums of other metal artists and her work was always a great one. 

There is also infamous Bye Bye Beautiful that was dumb attempt to diss Tarja after all the drama that was caused by her being kicked out from band. Nightwish should be ashamed of recording that kind of a song, I thought they are better than this. And I hope they will never do that again.

Too bad of course Anette was kicked out now with same drama as in Tarja's case. So there are chances of another crappy diss on next album just with yet another new vocalist... >.>

That new vocalis (at least on tour) is Floor DeJansen from ReVamp & formerly of After Forever. I'm hoping you're wrong on this.

Let's see:

Megadeth: Countdown to extinction. I haven't heard Risk nor do I plan to, but this album bored me. It's succcessor Youthanasia had a few more interesting songs on it than this. I know it's their most successful, but it's not my thing. The System Has Failed & Thir13en bore me outside of the opening songs. Supercollider had that problem to a lesser extent, but it had better storytelling than the aforementioned. 

Death Angel: Art of Dying & Killing Season. It's not really their fault these albums were bland. They had just gotten back together after a 10 year hiatus. But it really sounds more like post punk and hardcore than thrash of even speed metal. Heck, listening to Art of Dying, I was wondering "Was I listening to The Offspring?" Mind you, I am a big Offspring fan, but I'd rather not find them in my thrash metal. All the songs on the first kinda blend into one, and the only track on Killing Season that stood out to me was "Sonic Beatdown." A big disappointment after listening to their awe inspiring debut "The Ultra Violence" or 2013 thrash album of the year "The Dream Calls For Blood"

Anthrax: Stomp 442. Nothing really grips me here, the songs aren't stand out and I'm not sure what kind of vibe they're going for. I do enjoy John Bush as a singer and thought "Sound of White Noise" was good album and that "We've Come for You All" was a good return to form.

Metallica: Take a guess. I was trying to be optimistic going in and there were a few tracks early on that I liked, but the disappointment was warranted. 

Iron Maiden: Fear of The Dark. I heard the title track and liked it prior to getting the album and thought the whole record was going to have that vibe. Turns out I was wrong, and the title track itself feels rather out of place in a sea of mundane mess. This does seem consistent with how Bruce was working with the band and the overall attitude of the time. 

Three Days Grace: Transit Of Venus. A few good tracks like Chalk Outline and The High Road but the rest of the album lacked that darker vibe and felt more mainstream radio. Pass. 

Bullet For My Valentine: Yeah, I've lost interest in these guys thanks to Fever and what I've heard off of Temper, Temper. A good song or two like "Pretty On the Outside" and "A Place Where You Belong" but was underwhelmed.

Evanescence: Though The Open Door. It's dark alright, but it's also the unhealthy combination of morose, gloomy and depressing. If you're trying to make your audience feel sad or depressed, than rock and metal isn't the avenue to do it in. Only the first two tracks plus cloud nine stand out. The rest just sound the same. Not as good as it's predecessor Fallen nor does it come close to the first album Origin. 

As I Lay Dying: Shadows are Security. Not necessarily a bad album. Has some mandatory AILD setlist songs on here. But after listening to their masterpieces in "An Ocean Between Us"" The Powerless Rise" and the album that has unfortunately become their swan song "Awakened", it just sounds messy. 

Fear Factory: Obsolete. The fist two tracks are total ass kickers. Should've been used in action movies. The rest of the album is meh, meandering around a bit. It doesn't help that they thrown in am ambient synth track to boot. 

Stone Sour: House Of Gold and Bones part 2. Yeah it just didn't hook me like part one or even it's predecessors did. It just lacks something that made each track distinctive on the former. It just seems like Corey and the boys recorded a bunch in studio, picked the best for one and lumped everything else onto the second.  

Machine Head: Unto the Locust. This is a fantastic album. I can't stress that enough. Not a bad track on this bunch. However it's still my least favorite Machine Head album. Great tracks, but it lacks the balls out, face gripping fury of prior albums, especially it's "Album of the Decade" predecessor "The Blackening". The tracks are very technical and are artistic in their own way, progressive without being snobbish about it. Very well designed, and while they do possess intensity and energy, just not as much ferocity. Great album, but still my least favorite. 

Matchbox Twenty: Yourself or Someone Like You. This is the one that got them noticed, but it's also their first and it lacks refinement and has a bit too much filler  for my taste outside of a few key tracks. Later albums will see them refine their songs and enhance their storytelling. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Metallica: Anything after the 80s = :eww:

Black Sabbath: Sabotage. It just didn't click with me well (Although I did like Hole in the Sky and Symptom of the Universe) 

Black Flag: What The... . The songs sounded repetitive and the way the instruments where played, it was as if they weren't coming in hard enough or at the right time.

Judas Priest: Rocka Rolla. Yeah, that debut album didn't do too fly. I dint like it because it just didn't have that same Judas Priest feel they developed overtime.

Edited by BeatStick