Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Worst album by your favorite artist?

Woohoo

Yeezus - Kanye West. Not my favorite artist anymore (partly due to this album), but at its release he certainly was. Really only has a couple memorable songs. Contains several songs I don't care for and one I absolutely hate. Given that it's a 10 song album, this doesn't fair well for it. And I have a special hatred for it due to the fact I waited anxiously for over a year for this album. Then I listened to it on leak day and I was sent into a minor depression for the rest of the week :( Edited by LZRD WZRD

• 2 weeks later...

Pink Floyd- The Division Bell. Generally boring and didn't feel it going anywhere.

Morphine- Like Swimming. Don't get me wrong, I love this album, it just lacked order and many atmospheric pieces were almost out of place.

The Police- I really hate to say this, but Outlandos D'amour was probably their "worst" it's less the music, and more the sound quality that bugged me.

The Beatles- Please Please Me. A little to much Bubble Gum Pop for my liking.

Rush- Vapor Trails. Like Champion RD92 said, BOOOOOORING!.

King Crimson- In the Wake of Poseidon. Again, this one's sort of dull.

Primus- Frizzle Fry, had some good songs, but was too eccentric.

My favourite artist is Cheryl and I think my least favourite album of hers is Messy Little Raindrops. I think aside from the two singles from that album, that whole era should just be glazed over as a rushed mistake. Her best albums are the ones she's been working on for a few years.

I really love Taylor Swift, and I have loved pretty much all her songs...however

If I had to choose I would say Red is her weakest album. While it did have a few good songs, the songs that always came on the radio were kind of annoying after awhile such as "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" and "22". Not to mention a few songs on the album were kinda forgettable.

I was really happy that 1989 wasn't a disappointment like Red was.

• Brohoof 1

Though he's not currently my favorite artist, I used to be BIG into Ozzy, and I still harbor some warm fuzzies for the Prince of Darkness. xD  I'd say his worst (or least memorable) album is "The Ultimate Sin."  The only song from it that even seemed to get radio play is "Shot in the Dark," and I don't even especially care for that one. :/

Nightwish - Dark Passion Play. 

It was first album by Nightwish recorded with Annette Olzon instead of Tarja, but of course my reason to dislike it goes further than into blind fanboyism which some people show (OMG, no Tarja it sucks!!11oneone). Let's just say that latest album - Imaginaerium recorded with Anette as well is nothing short but epic as band has finally found perfect "ground" for new vocalist and her voice was shining on that one. 

Why I dislike Dark Passion Play? Because it sounded like cheap pop album blended with heavy guitars. Amaranth was only song that was acceptable for me, the rest of the album was pretty boring and lacked some nice riffs or melodies at all. Anette was feeling very out of place singing only some simple vocal lines that were definitely just shown to her with a simple order "sing that and don't question". Ever since she appeared in metal I kept telling that it is not her fault the album sucked. She had many appearances on albums of other metal artists and her work was always a great one. 

There is also infamous Bye Bye Beautiful that was dumb attempt to diss Tarja after all the drama that was caused by her being kicked out from band. Nightwish should be ashamed of recording that kind of a song, I thought they are better than this. And I hope they will never do that again.

Too bad of course Anette was kicked out now with same drama as in Tarja's case. So there are chances of another crappy diss on next album just with yet another new vocalist... >.> 

I was seriously coming in to this thread for the sole purpose of posting exactly this

(okay, not word for word, but still.)

Linkin Park - Recharged

This album contains remixes of songs from Living Things and they all sound like generic club bangers. There's only one decent song on it.

Korn - Untitled

I don't hate this album, but it doesn't feel like it was made by Korn.

Metallica - Reload

Most of the record just feels boring. Fuel is a good song though.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

well i haven't listen to the whole discographies of most of my favorite artists so i'll go by what i have listen from their material

1. green day = everything after 21st century breakdown - i feel that the uno! dos! tre! trilogy and revolution radio ain't as catchy since i love more upbeat rock music than less upbeat music unless the music can be catchy or at least as good without being as upbeat(since i know there are both bands in the mainstream and the underground that have done one or the other or both especially if the music genre involves catchy or upbeat music like glam metal,pop punk, and melodic hardcore) and from my favorite band of all time i didn't expect meh albums after the opera albums that got me into the band and i know somebody say 21st century breakdown sucks which i disagree with they actually started making bad albums after that album but they are still listenable

2. blink-182 = neighborhoods - pretty much the same reason i do not like green day post-opera albums but not as listenable at least from what i heard from the album i haven't listen to the album fully to have a better opinion of the album to actually make it listenable

3. linkin park =   ats and living things - lack of music and even than the songs on there sucks one more light is much better at least they redeem themselves with their return to nu-metal with the hunting party

4. taylor swift = 1987 - as a fan of both synth-pop and taylor swift's country-pop material i don't really like this as much but it's still a great album

5. foreigner = can't slow down - as a fan of soft rock like journey, boston, the carpenders, and reo speedywagon i feel don't sound as great as their eariler material but still a great album just like taylor swift's 1987

Edited by twilightfan

Nightwish - Endless Forms Most Beautiful

I don't like their newest album. I REALLY don't like it. Tuomas has the freedom to do with his art what he pleases, but as an album that introduces a new vocalist it's even worse than DPP. They really did not explore Floor's full potential and Marco hardly had a spot on it despite consistently providing the best vocals on their previous albums.

Linkin Park (still not heard the latest one) but I think i made the mistake when I bought Live in Milton Keynes. The recordings dont sound great live at all really. Sad I never got to see them when Chester was still with them v.v

Coldplay - Parachutes or Head full of Dreams. (I am only missing Viva La Vida from my collection). Parachutes is ok, the odd good song, but I prefered Rush of Blood to the Head for their classic album choice. I was kinda disappointed with Head Full of Dreams. It was played once in my car and its still in there. lol Although Ive become a fan of Hymn for the weekend, Up and Up and Adventure of a Lifetime.

Bonus round.... gotta say Denz and I are not impressed with Muse's latest album. The last single actually sounded more like Queen than Muse - love both, but Muse have lost their unique style.

1) U2 - No Line On the Horizon. While I tend to enjoy the U2 albums that the band itself doesn't like anymore, I think No Line is really disjointed and the band forgot how to truly experiment, despite originally wanting to experiment with African music. A few songs like Moment of Surrender are gorgeous, almost gospel tunes, but then there's bland rock like Get On Your Boots.

2) Radiohead - Pablo Honey. Has a good song here and there, and I'm sure most people in the western hemisphere have heard Creep at least once in their life, but it doesn't really sound like anything else Radiohead ever recorded and it's nowhere near as inventive as their subsequent albums because they were trying to be Nirvana-lite.

3) Coldplay - A Head Full of Dreams. Up&Up is gorgeous. Birds is poppy yet somehow fresh. Everglow is gorgeous. The title track is good. And the rest is ruined by overly poppy and artificial-sounding production that is painfully far from the (obscure Coldplay pun incoming) heart and soul of early Coldplay. I was pretty disappointed. I had hoped they would begin to tone down the boy band influence. Sadly, that wasn't the case. I agree with @StormBlaze!

• Brohoof 1

Hybrid Theory by linkin park.

Its a fine album, but its just overly related to every angsty 15 year old freshman high school, and i was one of those people. I mean, its not the worst because of the bad composition, i personally enjoy some of the songs, but christ that album has an edgy feeling to it.

Wonderful Wonderful by The Killers. They are such a good band and this album seems to be trying to disprove that. 'The Man' was a fun song but the rest of the album really does disappoint. That said Battleborn was a meh album which means they haven't made a solid album since 2008 :/ At least Brandon Flowers and Mark Stoermer are releasing great solo work. 

Michael Jackson - Invincible

There's some good songs on here, but this just never felt like a Michael Jackson to me. It felt like someone trying to write/produce a Michael Jackson album. This album had way too many producers and songwriters on it. The majority of the songs had about 5-7 co-writers on them. Which is ridiculous, because MJ is more than capable of writing songs himself, but for some reason he decided to take a backseat to the songwriting on this album. Which is a shame, because MJ is a damn good songwriter

The Summer Set- Love Like This. That album is my least favorite. A first album doesn’t always mean it’s the weakest but the songs are just so forgettable and annoying to me.

Taylor Swift- Red is still her weakest album. I don’t really like any of her songs on there compared to previous and the more recent songs she has put out.

All Time Low- A tie between Put Up or Shut Up and Don’t Panic. Honestly cannot even remember half the songs on there which is because the songs are not as memorable as the others in their various albums.

Lights- God I don’t even want to think of her albums as weak. I love her so much. Her newest album is so friggin amazing. Probably have to say it was her Little Machines album. The acoustic album Midnight Machines was honestly better imo, I really dig all her albums for either nostalgia or in general awesomeness. Her first album was so electronic and basically what every 11 year old jammed to. 

Paramore- All We Know Is Falling. I seriously cannot stand like every single song on that album. Emergency and Brighter are the only decent songs and even then I can’t stand them anymore. Pressure is also super annoying cause it makes me think of the sims 2 and that was just a nightmare of a game on ps2 lol.

The Ready Set- Tantrum Castle omfg that album sucked so much. Nothing else to say. His music did get better as it went on through the years. I could jam out to Fire in the Sky for years.

Sum 41 - Underclass Hero (though their most recent album was extremely forgettable and very similar to the album just before it).

Zebrahead - MFZB (Rescue Me, Over the Edge, and Hello Tomorrow were the only good songs on it).

Crush 40 - 2 Nights 2 Remember (but they only have a few albums, so not really much to choose between).

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2018 at 8:21 PM, Prospekt said:

1) U2 - No Line On the Horizon. While I tend to enjoy the U2 albums that the band itself doesn't like anymore, I think No Line is really disjointed and the band forgot how to truly experiment, despite originally wanting to experiment with African music. A few songs like Moment of Surrender are gorgeous, almost gospel tunes, but then there's bland rock like Get On Your Boots.

2) Radiohead - Pablo Honey. Has a good song here and there, and I'm sure most people in the western hemisphere have heard Creep at least once in their life, but it doesn't really sound like anything else Radiohead ever recorded and it's nowhere near as inventive as their subsequent albums because they were trying to be Nirvana-lite.

3) Coldplay - A Head Full of Dreams. Up&Up is gorgeous. Birds is poppy yet somehow fresh. Everglow is gorgeous. The title track is good. And the rest is ruined by overly poppy and artificial-sounding production that is painfully far from the (obscure Coldplay pun incoming) heart and soul of early Coldplay. I was pretty disappointed. I had hoped they would begin to tone down the boy band influence. Sadly, that wasn't the case. I agree with @StormBlaze!

i agree with you on u2 and i only have heard a few coldplay songs so i can't agree or disagree with you on if it's a bad album or but i disagree on pablo honey that's like saying stone sour is bad for being as chad kroeger puts it "nickelback-lite" which is also not true if anything which is a metal band not a alternative rock band that is a poor man version of a band it would be the german band accept being scorpions-lite at least when they started putting out music after listening to their first few albums trying to see if they made any music i would like i gave up on that band

On 1/3/2018 at 8:30 PM, Fennekin said:

Hybrid Theory by linkin park.

Its a fine album, but its just overly related to every angsty 15 year old freshman high school, and i was one of those people. I mean, its not the worst because of the bad composition, i personally enjoy some of the songs, but christ that album has an edgy feeling to it.

and what's wrong with a album sounding edgy just because it's sounds edgy don't means it's a bad album i would even go to the point to say it's one of their best best albums they ever made which is a great way to start their music recording career and alot of the best modern mainstream rock songs have a great edgy sound to it

On 1/7/2018 at 12:26 AM, Awkward Segway said:

Sum 41 - Underclass Hero (though their most recent album was extremely forgettable and very similar to the album just before it).

Zebrahead - MFZB (Rescue Me, Over the Edge, and Hello Tomorrow were the only good songs on it).

Crush 40 - 2 Nights 2 Remember (but they only have a few albums, so not really much to choose between).

i haven't really listen to much zebrahead which sounds like a name of a motorhead/zebra(the glam metal band named zebra not the name of a animal) cover band but they sound similar to sum 41 maybe one of the bands that were influential to easycore like sum 41 which i haven't really listen to a sum 41 album fully just some songs from here to there to see how their music is like from album to album but from what i heard of sum 41 songs i haven't heard a sum 41 song i didn't like so i will have to disagree with you on that

Edited by twilightfan
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I hate that i cant pick just one favourite for anything :crackle:
Coheed and Cambria: The Black Rainbow....now i dont hate the album with a burning passion, nor did it ruin anything. It just felt weak compared to other releases.

Avenged Sevenfold: Hail to the King. Compared to their debut and self titled albums, this one felt like....discount hard rock.

Ozzy Osbourne: Scream. Im just a stickler for old school Ozzy.

Linkin Park - Meteora 

It's not a bad album by any means, but I feel like they played it too safe and pretty much just made Hybrid Theory Part 2. 

One of my favorite bands is that classic rock constant known as Aerosmith.  To date, they've had a HUGE number of albums, and will be going on FIFTY YEARS worth of work soon.  However, there was a point in time between their fall from grace in the early 80's and their triumphant comeback due to Run DMC's 'Walk This Way', where they attempted to make a comeback on their own.

It... wasn't what they'd hoped for.

1435f.jpg.e3095b88fcbca86289e9ad31d86efb43.jpg

The album starts out okay, but sort of flounders in the middle - as if the boys from Boston are trying to find their feet again.  Steven's vocals are as good as ever, but the music by comparison sounds as though they were simply cranking out another album, not as if their entire careers depended on its' success.  Which, ironically, it did... until the aforementioned collaboration blew the collective musical world's minds.

It's a studio album... and sounds like it.  Most Aero gems have a quality to them that makes you feel like you're hearing them in a bar somewhere; this album sounds almost like you're in the recording booth with them... and NOT in a good way.  It sounds too sterile, too polished, to qualify as an Aerosmith album - especially one from the 80's, where they had a NUMBER of hits from later albums.

Some of the tracks aren't bad at all, but the overall package isn't worth full price; find a copy on eBay, if you really wanna complete that collection.

As evidence, I shall introduce you to one of the tracks from the album I actually thought was pretty good - interpret as you will.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Image result for humanz

I don't really hate this album, but the album had too many collaborators and I only like 4 or 5 songs from it.

Image result for pinkerton

Just not really my thing, I prefer the blue album.

Edited by Jakeduhcreeper