Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it normal for a Brony to buy the MLP toys?

Windwaker

Well in this day and age the word "normal" has become very twisted and broken, The things considered to be normal one person are not necessarily the same things considered to be normal by another. To sum up buy what you want to buy and dont let anyone stand in your way.

• Brohoof 1

As an individual you have the right to do things that don't cause harm to others. If you wanna buy toys' do it. Why not? It seems odd that with all of the worlds problems people get all hissy over men and toys. It's not a new phenomenon either. My brother is in his 30's and still has a cabbage patch kid hanging around. 

Playing with the toys or not? Well if you bought it you can pretty much do whatever you want right, it's your property. I buy the figurines but I don't play with them. Well, at least not to the extent that my 4 year old cousin plays with them. Imagination should be harnessed by all people, not suppressed. 

So yea, it seems pretty normal once you reduce it down enough. I wanna get an applejack sweater :P

It's perfectly fine for some anime weeaboo to buy a  bunch of anime girl stuff or just anime cartoon fan stuff in general but yet we get judged. I fail to see the difference of us buying pony toys and anime freaks buying all kinds of crazy stuff.

Sure why not, we're already bronies anyways, and already not exactly normal in the sense of the word anymore, so who the heck cares about normal much anymore :P.

I don't see anything wrong with it, if you like the show and you like the toys thats cool, people collect and like all kinds of things, mlp is nothing different in my eyes.

I personally don't have any MLP merch, but then again I'm a closet brony so I don't really count for that :P. But I see nothing wrong with it.

I'm pretty selective about what I buy, but I don't think it's particularly strange. Having pony stuff in my room helps cheer me up a bit anyway, and some of it looks really nice. Rainbow Dash has graced my nightstand for months now :). I don't think it's any weirder than getting merch for other interests. I felt weirder about getting my Game of Thrones mug actually.

• Brohoof 1

I have 10 of the brushable figures. Is it normal? Let me respond to this question with another: Do I care if it is or not? My answer, no, I don't. Even if I bought the figures to play with them, still, I would not care if it is 'normal' or not. If that is what you want to do and if you enjoy it, then go right ahead. I see no harm in it. Who cares what is normal if it isn't harming anyone.

• Brohoof 4

I have a few myself. (Fluttershy, Twilight, and AJ.)Granted, they are gifts, I didn't buy them. If you want them, get them. If you don't, don't. It's as simple as that.

• Brohoof 1

According to mainstream society no, but I could really care less about that anyway. Just do what makes you happy, you want to buy the toys then go ahead. I just ordered an Applejack plushie online and its estimated delivery date is tomorrow and have plans to also get Luna and Derpy plushies eventually.

Edit: I checked the mail and my Applejack plushie has arrived

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

This is a video of where I am going to put the castle at.

http://youtu.be/U7qafBX6rms

There is an empty space where nothing is there so it is perfect room! Also, I will get a giant Celestia and a Fluttershy where you draw on her.

I'm not sure if that's big enough for it. (maybe it just looks small on my screen)

It's quite big . I'm super happy I bought one though , it's perfect for displaying brushables and such. Directions are a wee bit confusing ,but that's literally one the few toys I've ever put together myself

frontofcastle_zpsf7ca61ca.jpg

collectionmlp.jpg

I don't buy the toys for various reasons.

One is that I don't like to have so much stuff. I prefer less material things.

Another one is that the figurines would have to be show accurate. I'm probably most interested in the plushies, but still not that much.

Yet another reason is Fighting Is Magic.

Edited by Dowlphin

i dont collect,but i see no problem with it.You can do as you want noone can stop you or change your mind if you do so,its your choice and yours alone.
Getting back to the question,i think its normal(in the community)but i dont buy the merch

It's one of the things  that a lot of bronies do.  Not every one of us does it, but not every one of us draws fan art, creates fanfiction, or buys any merch.  Bottom line, some do, some don't.  I'm in the "don't" category myself, seeing as how they're not very impressive or show accurate, but that's just my taste. 

About as normal as collecting anything else really, I collect a little merch myself sometimes. I don't really like the brushables though, but at the end of the day all I need is my Rarity minifigure by my bedside, anything else I would get at this point would be just a bonus. :lol:

I think anyone should be able to respect your enjoyment of anything that you, well. Enjoy! So personally, get whatever you want to get, and if you love it, it makes it all the better! Personally, I'm going to stick to things like shirts, MAYBE plushies, and things of that nature. But it shouldn't stop you from enjoying the other times of merch though!

It's alright to like what you like because heck who knows what kind of all grown up men may have now a days.... MLP things, All these strange thingys O_o but, to get to the point just buy the things although I don't like the brushables i prefer the blind bags,Just buy whatever your heart desires wink.png

Am I a bad person for giggling at this?

Well, seriously, no. I mean, no problem. If you really like it, go for it. Honestly I still feel kinda strange about MLP, but heck, I watch it because it's good indeed. The show is entertaining, funny, etc. That's what an entertainment is meant for. To entertain people, no matter if it's a show about colourful singing ponies who dress for a gala party or something else.

I don't have any MLP toys, but I do enjoy the show. It has been a very long time since the last time I played with toys, and I don't think I will do it again.

Don't question normality or manliness dude. It's not about what you watch. It's about... something else (insert some things that only men do here).

xD Asking if it's normal for a brony to buy pony merchandise is like saying if it's normal for a girl to go shopping for clothes.

Of course it's normal! Don't be shy to go to the counter and ask for it without hesitation, if you say you're a hardcore brony then it should be no problem x)

Have fun and choose wisely!

Oh and by the way, kudos to your parents for being so supportive of something you like. All parents should be this way, but sadly it isn't the case.

Oh and I would definitely add a bunch to that castle if I bought it img-1391938-1-laugh.png

What an adorable avatar pic.

I am a hardcore Brony. I have shirts, cards, a pinkie pie poster that I am going to hang up, Vinyl figurines, and of course the toys targeted for little girls. AKA brushables.

But is it ok for a Brony to keep buying the little girls toys and THE ROYAL CASTLE WEDDING SET?

I don't buy the toys myself, mainly because I have no clue what to do with them, aswell as being a closet brony....

But I do love the show, and if you really want it, it's ok to get!

Am I a bad person for giggling at this?

Well, seriously, no. I mean, no problem. If you really like it, go for it. Honestly I still feel kinda strange about MLP, but heck, I watch it because it's good indeed. The show is entertaining, funny, etc. That's what an entertainment is meant for. To entertain people, no matter if it's a show about colourful singing ponies who dress for a gala party or something else.

I don't have any MLP toys, but I do enjoy the show. It has been a very long time since the last time I played with toys, and I don't think I will do it again.

Don't question normality or manliness dude. It's not about what you watch. It's about... something else (insert some things that only men do here).

Hehe, I feel the exact same way, I really really like show to the point where I question myself daily, I don't see myself collecting or doing anything of that nature but although I'm closeted brony doesn't make ms or u any less of fans.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

it's totally normal I've spent well over $200 on pony merchandise.and I plan on buying even more. According to what I've seen it's pretty common.

Edited by firesoxs