Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Secret pony references

Bigmethod

Hey all, i was just wondering if any of you have ever accidentally (or purposfully) made a MLP reference ? 

I ask this because yesterday when i came in for work, i accidentally said "Everypony" instead of Everyone,  and i've only been watching the show for one week!

Haha, please share you're stories or tactics if you have any =) Thanks. 

The gif below is me when i realize i made a pony reference =s

Have a great day all! 

post-14701-0-01522800-1366597823.gif

• Brohoof 11

I occasionally say everypony instead of everybody on accident. I almost always say Eeyup or nnope

to answer yes or no questions. I also tend to say Yay in Fluttershy's voice a lot.

• Brohoof 6

Most recently, I made snuck in "Worst. Possible. Thing!" when talking about North Korea in class.

Also, there's around 3:51 in this video project in school.

EDIT: Just remembered that the whole video is actually crazy with the ponies.

Edited by CITRUS KING46

I use the 20% and the 10 seconds flat reference a lot.

Other than that, I dunno. I'm out of inconspicuous pony references. And not that they always work in languages other than English... :/

I occasionally say everypony instead of everybody on accident. I almost always say Eeyup or nnope

to answer yes or no questions. I also tend to say Yay in Fluttershy's voice a lot.

I found that i do that a lot aswell =D

I won't know if people get it unless i get surrounded in a dark alley and some bronies give me a bro-pony hug... so... 

I'm waiting...lol

I've almost accidently said everypony a few times, but never done so. I've also said "Eayupp" before if that counts.

I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I know theres more, most are pretty easy to pass of as regular conversation though.

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes ill find myself using eyup but other than that there's not much i use by accident. OH wait! I do use "take a note __" a lot when telling people to write what im about to say

I've slipped a few oatmeal are you crazy's into my daily conversation as well as okie dokie lokie. I also love using the she's gonna  become a crazy cat lady line into awkward silence. My greatest achievement though is singing the gypsy bard on numerous occasions around friends i just swap foal for soul and little filly for itty bitty.

• Brohoof 1

There was this one time I almost accidentally said everypony instead of everybody when I was talking to my Mom once but aside from that I usually just say eeeeeeeeeeyup or nnnnnnooooope.

I try to subtly use mlp quotes in everyday life, such as the 20% cooler one. Nobody knows where it's from, so I can get away with it without being suspected of being a brony! I'm a closet brony in real life, so I prefer subtlety. :)

• Brohoof 1

All the time! I remember a time a little after I first revealed to one of my Brony friends that I was a Brony, we were talking to another one of our friends and were basically standing there making pony references in the conversation, and our friend was none the wiser. I can't really remember what we said, but I know I was quoting Applejack a lot and he was quoting Rainbow Dash a lot.

I know I also say Eeyup, Nope, Ten Seconds Flat, and Okie Dokie Lokie a lot. I also say that things are "Great and Powerful" a lot of times too. No non-Bronies have picked up on any of those though... which is the way I like it. I get a small laugh out of making pony references that my friends don't get, especially if they laugh their head off at them.

• Brohoof 2

I do eeyup and nnope quite a bit and have said a few others very rarely, apart from that though not many.  Plus most of my references are to friends that watch the show, so it is intended.  

• Brohoof 1

I find it fun to confuse people with things that make complete sense to me but are nonsensical to everyone else, so when I'm around my friends (who are not bronies), if there is a break in conversation, I'll occasionally say some random reference such as, "In other news, I would like to be a tree."

• Brohoof 1

I put the odd subliminal message in my speech, like mentioning 'eeyup' sometimes, talking in non-sequiturs, sometimes, to remove the pressure, I say 'I'm a brony' under my breath, and I usually use the flutteryay when cheering. Also, i heard a few of the Bronies in year 10 (I think) calling me 'Fluttershy person' because I use the flutteryay and I'm actually very quiet. In terms of exiting the closet, I almost did that today, but lost the chance to.

Also, I name some of my Pokémon after characters from the show. For example, sudowoodo becomes fluttertree. Arceus becomes Celestia. Rapidash becomes Twilight. Ho-oh becomes Philomena. Darkrai becomes Luna. Magikarp becomes Derpy...

I have been asked some questions, but I usually respond with a random quote from Portal.

Edited by stainesbrony

Being as amazing as I am I was in Maths and I put my hands up and the techer said "Yes Frozen?" I looked at her and then smiled and said "Don't use your fancy mathematics to muddle the equation" My class laughed, and then a girl said. "So you're a brony too??" So I found a brony! :D

• Brohoof 1

I guess my case is half accidental, half self-imposed. See, saying "okey dokey lokey" is now a regular thing for me. A grand total of 0 people around have linked it to the show, but it's not a prominent quote, so hey. :)

I haven't really worked on keeping it a secret reference-wise. I'm not one to go saying "I'm a Brony la di la", but if the subject ever appears, I just casually mention it. About five people know at school, and they don't really care. 

• Brohoof 1

Me and friend always say: "Rrty bst pny" really fast, sounds weird.. But we think it is funny..

Yeah, I dunno why.. We do it with every character from the show really..

"Plck bst pony" - "fltrshi bst pny" etc.

I think we came with this because people were posting a lot of who was best pony in threads and youtube vids.. so we made it sound silly.. since everyone was doing it. huh.png

Edited by Floris
  • Brohoof 1

Save for eeyup and nnnope, I usually refrain from brony speak. However, I have accidentally let one or two slip before. My closest call was some guy that had a code brown in the back of my bus. When getting him out, he apologized. I told him don't worry, everypony does it. Needless to say, I got a strange look and had to play it off as an inside joke. Not sure if he bought it or not, my bad poker face was showing pretty hard.

Eeyup is the most common one you catch me saying xD

Everypony slips out sometimes and a little bit of smile smile smile singing xD

• Brohoof 2