Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What does Fluttershy do in winter?

Arcus (Silver Lining) Wind

Fluttershy takes care of animals that don't hibernate and Maeby angel stays awake and in the house during winter I mean think about it she doesn't come out of one of the holes so...

Fluttershy would probably be restocking her animal supplies and relaxing at the spa with Rarity. Taking care of all the animals is hard work. They can turn on you and cook you at any time.

I actually had the same exact question. I just watched Winter Wrap-Up today and Fluttershy says "This is my favorite part of the season, when I get to wake up my furry little friends." My guess is maybe she has some animals that don't hibernate, but that is just my theory.

NOT ALL ANIMALS HIBERNATE.

What's with this automatic assumption that there are exactly zero critters awake in the winter?

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT.

But yeah, you're right. I mean, aren't there like...snow...shrew...things. Yeah, lets go with that, snow shrew things.

Yeah she probably takes care of animals that don't hibernate, like reindeer she might take care of for pony santa, or penguins(seriously imagine Fluttershy with a bunch of adorable penguins... oh wait, someone did. :D

69107+-+artist+reuniclus+fluttershy+peng

Or polar bears, but as dangerous as they are they would probably love Fluttershy right away anyway. ;)

• Brohoof 2

That's a very good question.  Some people seem to think I'm a Fluttershy expert.  But I'll be honest...I don't know the answer to that more than anybody else who has chimed in thus far. 

Unlike earth, the ecosystem in Equestria needs much more help to keep going.  My educated guess is that the government funds ponies like Fluttershy for animal care. 

Like Neutral Page said, not all creatures hibernate.  But there are fewer animals needing assistance this time of year.  Her garden wouldn't need tending to either.  There's just extra time and opportunities for her to do other things.  She probably works on her nice sewing skills too. 

"Due to Sequestration "cuts" we can no longer pay you Fluttershy."

Fluttershy: "But... but, how will I eat, or more importantly take care of the animals??? *Starts to cry("

Governmen guy: "Oh no, NO! OKAY! You can have this gold bar!!!!

• Brohoof 1

Hmmmm.... Well, she does have some animals of her own like Angel. She also has her friends animals. Also not ALL animals hibernate. Then she will watch all episodes of Docter Who.

I think she tends to the animals which do not hibernate and helps other ponies in town with their animals during the winter. Also she probably just has less to do during the winter than other seasons.