Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Please allow for more flexability with the album art

Flutterwhat

While many won't have a problem initially with the album art uploader, as it's pretty standard to require a perfecly square image of at least SD definition, images that are slightly off dimention should be allowed as a simple cropping of the offset wouldn't destroy the image's quality.

My biggest pet peeve with the uploader, however, is having to re-upload the same image for mutiple songs on an album. I suggest users be able to upload album art separately and then choose from what they have upload at the time of publishing.

Edited by Flutterwhat

While many won't have a problem initially with the album art uploader, as it's pretty standard to require a perfecly square image of at least SD definition, images that are slightly off dimention should be allowed as a simple cropping of the offset wouldn't destroy the image's quality.

The uploader should be accepting any PNG image that is 350x350 or larger, on either or both dimensions. Pony.fm is programmed to automatically create a square-cropped version if needed.

Could I please ask you to attach the specific image(s) that you're having trouble with to this thread? You can do so using the "Upload Files + More Reply Options" button beside the "Post" button.

My biggest pet peeve with the uploader, however, is having to re-upload the same image for mutiple songs on an album. I suggest users be able to upload album art separately and then choose from what they have upload at the time of publishing.

I have a solution to this planned, which I'd like to work on either later tonight or at some point tomorrow. ;) Sorry for the troublesome process in the meantime.

this is the file in question, although i realize it might be well below guidelines. I was lazy in it's genoration as i simply used a slection box screenshot to "convert" a pre-exsisting image to .png

I payed for my laziness with errors.

post-14928-0-51930500-1366702188.png