Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tumblr share needs work

Flutterwhat

I used the tumblr share sheet to test out what it would look like and I don't really think it's doing a great job right now. It embeds like a video, meaning that the post it's self will often get overlooked on people's dashboards, and the player, while functional, huddles it's self in the top section of the post and there is an awful, unattractive, waste of space on the bottom part of the post.

attached is an image of what i'm talking about. 

As a blogrunner with over 1,500 followers, i'd like to see much better tumblr intergration overall. most ponies outside of tumblrpon don't realize how massive the fandom is on tumblr and as a platform for my music, i'd love to see this done well. 

post-14928-0-24705400-1366703635_thumb.png

When I last played with Tumblr's embed code, I recall that it made it very difficult for me to have any real control over the sizing of the embedded area. As Tumblr doesn't have a concept of "audio" or some type of miscellaneous embed, using their video code was the only way to make Pony.fm work with it.

With all said and done, I don't think I've fully explored Tumblr's capabilities yet, so I'll revisit this and see if there's anything that can be done to make the embed better. I'm glad that someone has a use for it!

I was able to make some progress on this today:

2HHw1.png

Player height is fixed, but the width is now out of whack. I've contacted the Tumblr staff for more information on how one would go about getting this right. SoundCloud embeds look fine, so there must be some undocumented way to do it.