Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Couple of suggestion and possible bug reports.

Arkane

Upload problems:

Internet Connection Possibly. Cant upload anything that is within the required format. Can only upload when using the basic one.

Deleting Track:

It just says "Working..." Lasted for 20 minute and nothing happened.

Track Publishing:

After putting in the details, it just sends me back to the Editing Track page. The site went down for a brief moment and when it went back up, the uploaded song was gone.

Pony.fm lite:

Suggesting that there be a "lite" alternative of the site be available. Without all the fancy thingamabobs here and there.

Guides:

Some sort of how-to-use kind of guide to help users get acquianted to pony.fm?

Guides:

Perhaps an FAQ for Pony FM is in order XD

It could work well if written correctly

Upload problems:

Internet Connection Possibly. Cant upload anything that is within the required format. Can only upload when using the basic one.

Deleting Track:

It just says "Working..." Lasted for 20 minute and nothing happened.

Track Publishing:

After putting in the details, it just sends me back to the Editing Track page. The site went down for a brief moment and when it went back up, the uploaded song was gone.

Pony.fm lite:

Suggesting that there be a "lite" alternative of the site be available. Without all the fancy thingamabobs here and there.

Guides:

When you try to upload, does the error say specifically that it is in the incorrect format? If it does, does it do so instantly, or does an error come back after the upload has started? What file extension are you using?

For deleting a track - which page are you deleting from?

Hm, I don't know about the publishing. What browser are you using? Though that shouldn't affect that particular page. However, it should only redirect you back to the form if there was a validation error.

As far as guides - we have a place for them in the FAQ, however I'm not sure what to put in. If you have suggestions of something many people would have difficulty with, let me know and I'll add a FAQ entry :)

As far as guides - we have a place for them in the FAQ, however I'm not sure what to put in. If you have suggestions of something many people would have difficulty with, let me know and I'll add a FAQ entry smile.png

I could help with this if you wanted ^_^

I do know how useful guides can be, and writing up a simple guide on how to publish,delete,comment,edit profiles and so on sounds like fun... I know, weird huh?

When you try to upload, does the error say specifically that it is in the incorrect format? If it does, does it do so instantly, or does an error come back after the upload has started? What file extension are you using?

For deleting a track - which page are you deleting from?

Hm, I don't know about the publishing. What browser are you using? Though that shouldn't affect that particular page. However, it should only redirect you back to the form if there was a validation error.

As far as guides - we have a place for them in the FAQ, however I'm not sure what to put in. If you have suggestions of something many people would have difficulty with, let me know and I'll add a FAQ entry smile.png

It just says Error. But it works well when using the Basic Uploader. So I would assume that this is a fault on my part. Mainly my internet connection or something.

From the page of the song itself. Where the Small Red "Delete Track" Button is.

As for the publishing, I used both Firefox and Chrome. It leads me back to the publishing page with no mention of errors. On one occasion, it deleted my song.

Maybe a basic work arounds of the dashboards and stuff. You know, the way youtube or facebook guides their users whenever they change their layout?

There was an issue with updating tracks that I resolved earlier today, which is very likely to have been tied to the three issues you described in your OP, Arkane. Could I please ask you to try and reproduce them again now?

A "lite" version of the site would, honestly, be a waste of time and resources. Pony.fm isn't actually that heavy on its resource usage, and maintaining two separate versions of the same site would introduce an unreal overhead on our ability to iterate quickly. It's better to fix the issues in the existing site than to create an alternative version of it to maintain in parallel.

Some kind of "getting started" guide is something I'd like to eventually put together for Pony.fm, but there wasn't enough time left in the alpha to make it happen. For now, I've settled with an FAQ page that will be updated as needed as the site develops, and is presented to every user on their first login. It's also accessible at any time from its link in the site's footer. It's a great idea, but just one of those things that will take a bit of thinking and time to implement in the best possible way.