Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Daring Do Fan Club

Ezynell

Dear Daring Do fans,

I'm writing to you as I don't have much time to talk. I'm in the midst of writing a new Daring Do book for you all, and I have heard of the admiration and adoration you have for me and my books. To put it quite frankly, I am homoured. I've known of many mares and stallions, including one of our participants for this... World Cup... but I've never heard of another dimension... where its inhabitants love my books so much! Now, I am writing on behalf of the MLPF World Cup organizing committee, and while I am truly happy just to be appreciated enough for the World Cup, I would like to pack some punches to the competition along the way. I've never liked the idea of being an underdog, I want to show those Group Hs, including my favourite reader, Rainbow Dash, who's boss!

Now let me see your spirit on June 11th 2014 at 7:00 pm EST!

Best regards,

A. K. Yearling (aka Daring Do)

• Brohoof 4

TVtropes has an entire fake Daring Do Series page over on their site (Warning - TVtropes will eat your time faster then Anything else in this dimension or the next) You can check it out here 

I'm also defictionalizing all the books (based on aforementioned TVtropes page) - yes, all 16 or so books - into full-length (50k+ words) novels. I might be slightly insane. Why? Because Daring Do is an awesome character, and the setting they've built over at TVtropes is just as awesome. 

So yeah - Sign me up. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Daring Do was the first pony of my dreams, literally, Daring Do was in my first ever pony dream, not one or two, but three separate dreams with Daring Do in my dreams, in the most amazing dreams I have ever had. It was very random, for Daring Do to be the first pony in my dreams, I never thought much of her, but I was a fan since "Read it and Weep" , and when she turned out to be real in "Daring Don't" my mind was officially blown, I figured one of the mane six would be the subject of my first MLP dream, I guess I was a bigger fan of Daring Do than I realized, and why not, she is an amazing character, smart, resourceful and cunning, just like Indiana Jones, and I am a huge Indiana Jones fan, it was quite a pleasant surprise to have Daring Do in my dreams, I also saw a T-shirt of Daring Do and Rainbow Dash at Hot Topic, I think I will buy that shirt, it will be my first pony merchandise ever, fitting because Daring Do gave me my first Friendship is Magic dream, an awesome dream with an stellar pony.  

• 3 months later...

Has anyone had a chance to read the Daring Do books? I'm very excited to pick those up. :)

If you're curious you can look up some opinions in this thread; specifically in the later pages. :)

http://mlpforums.com/topic/92157-the-daring-do-adventure-collection-reviews-general-discussion/

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think I need to bump this thread with some art I just made...

temporary_ceasefire_by_shadobabe-d8gan3z

This bump is for great justice!

Lovely piece of work! The background is stunning here, and the moment is so touching.  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

This bump is for great justice!

Lovely piece of work! The background is stunning here, and the moment is so touching.  :pinkie:

WHOOO!! *brohoofs*

Thank you so much buddy!! I actually sent it to you in our PM thread.

Not sure if your notifications are acting up though. 83

• Brohoof 1

*BROHOOF!*

You're awesome buddy! :D

And sorry, thanks for telling me. Replied to yah. X3

• Brohoof 2

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here's an image I edited, as a joke, for some other forum, that isn't really geared towards ponies:

Daring_Do_And_The_Coca_Cola_Bottle.png

Would be cool/fun if you ponies wanted to caption it. :)

Edited To Add:

Here's the source image, in case ya'll wanna edit it too. ;)

Daring_Do_Source_Image.png

Edited by Onion Sing

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I want to join into the Daring Do Fanclub as it needs far more love than it currently has!

The Adventure Collection made me a huge fan (and also lore collector and analyst) of the Daring Do Series.

I in the meanwhile also have begun writing an own sequel to it - whenever I find time doing so, that is  :squee: 

So after finding her way out of a Forbidden Planet and into a new home, Daring now takes on a quest to find.. the...Duff Beer? Or perhaps out of that box first.

post-30925-0-57502000-1426338412_thumb.jpg

So after finding her way out of a Forbidden Planet and into a new home, Daring now takes on a quest to find.. the...Duff Beer? Or perhaps out of that box first.

attachicon.gifIMG_0364.JPG

This box indeed looks like a very perilouos dungeon.

Let's hope Hasbro/Funko give her a whipping accesoire one day.

• 4 weeks later...

I am so totally joining this fan club.  I've read the Daring Do adventure collection and now I love the character even more so then the Mane Six.  I was just wondering, what would be a good name for this sub-fandom?  I'm thinking the "Daring Doers" might work pretty well but you guys might have a different idea.   

• Brohoof 2

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here's an image I edited, as a joke, for some other forum, that isn't really geared towards ponies:

img-3482366-1-Daring_Do_And_The_Coca_Col

Would be cool/fun if you ponies wanted to caption it. :)

Edited To Add:

Here's the source image, in case ya'll wanna edit it too. ;)

img-3482366-2-Daring_Do_Source_Image.png

In the 90s there was an Indiana Jones commercial for diet coke. It was kinda cool and this tottaly reminded me of it. Awesome. Anyway here it is.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=3x0rVb-6CY_HsQSp4oGQBg&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DLdNwaa7w3q8&ved=0CCYQyCkwAA&usg=AFQjCNGOxpIuJT4mDQPqGerTFVXoZcPodA&sig2=JanJnbv1bUELy_hHsGdN7Q

Also any speculation on miss Do appearing this season?

I'm curious, how many people actually got the joke?

attachicon.gifderring-do.png

I thought that the pun was axiomatic. Perhaps I was mistaken.

(you have no idea how long I've been waiting to properly use that word in post. Hehe.)

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...