Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Embed Youtube?

Carbon Maestro

Is there a way to get an Embed Youtube or Soundcloud video or player into this? I think that'll be nice.

I can see adding links to YT and SC on artist profiles so that they can show off their pages, but what would the purpose of embedding players into Pony.fm be? The website is a music hosting website in and of itself, so there's not really a need to embed an entirely separate music host - it would be redundant.

That's the only thing I can see; were you thinking of a different purpose for the players?

Edited by CloudFyre

I like this.

I have a bunch of music on my youtube that I don't have available in lossless formats.

Obviously there probably would be some benifits for hosting the song here rather than embedding it.

I like this.

I have a bunch of music on my youtube that I don't have available in lossless formats.

Obviously there probably would be some benifits for hosting the song here rather than embedding it.

I don't think the plan is to ever allow people to upload lossy songs. Feld0 has justified this many times, and there is a FAQ entry about it: https://pony.fm/faq

However, adding support for adding PMVs to Pony.fm would be a really cool feature, IMO. Perhaps even being notified of when your favorite tracks get PMVs attached to them.

Allowing people to submit their PMVs to a track (which would be held until artist approval) could speed up the process of getting PMVs on the site. However, I only see this as being something attached to an already-uploaded track.

• Brohoof 1