Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

uploading error

JasperSynth

I have been trying to upload one of my tracks, but I keep getting an error. When I tried the boring uploader, I got this error:

[{"name":"Dinky's Lullaby Lossless.aif","size":74209080,"error":"The master file does not contain audio in a valid format."}]

Hmm...that either means 1) the file was named incorrectly (e.g., it's actually a MP3 file named an AIF file), or 2) that particular AIF render type hasn't been seen before on the system. If the latter is the case, then Feld0 can add that particular version to the list of acceptable formats whenever he gets time.

Edited by CloudFyre

Are you mistaking .aif for .aiff? (Or are those the same thing?)

I know pony.fm accepts .aiff's. It does not, however, accept mp3's. so like cloudfyre said, if it's actually an mp3 named .aif, it won't work.

I'd say try remaining it to .aiff instead of .aif. See if that does anything.

hmm...

I will have to see. I know for a fact that its not an mp3.

Though I bounced the file agian as a WAV and I got this:

[{"name":"Output 1-2.wav","size":74209244,"error":"The master file has an invalid sample rate."}]

• Brohoof 1

Hmm...that either means 1) the file was named incorrectly (e.g., it's actually a MP3 file named an AIF file), or 2) that particular AIF render type hasn't been seen before on the system. If the latter is the case, then Feld0 can add that particular version to the list of acceptable formats whenever he gets time.

CloudFyre has got it. Pony.fm physically analyzes all uploads to determine their format and check it against a whitelist; the file extension is ignored. Unfortunately, slight variations in AIFF and WAV files exist that need to be individually whitelisted. The alpha should have nailed most of them, but it looks like your DAW has a new one.

I'll check the logs and look into this when I get home from school (operating a server is very awkward from a phone). In the meantime, could I please ask you to send me the original file in a private message or via email at feld0@pony.fm?

Are you mistaking .aif for .aiff? (Or are those the same thing?)

I know pony.fm accepts .aiff's. It does not, however, accept mp3's. so like cloudfyre said, if it's actually an mp3 named .aif, it won't work.

I'd say try remaining it to .aiff instead of .aif. See if that does anything.

.aif and .aiff are the same thing, so it should work either way.

hmm...I will have to see. I know for a fact that its not an mp3.Though I bounced the file agian as a WAV and I got this:[{"name":"Output 1-2.wav","size":74209244,"error":"The master file has an invalid sample rate."}]

Now that's an odd one...did you somehow decrease the quality when you rendered it as a .wav file?

hmm...I will have to see. I know for a fact that its not an mp3.Though I bounced the file agian as a WAV and I got this:[{"name":"Output 1-2.wav","size":74209244,"error":"The master file has an invalid sample rate."}]

A bit off topic but i just wanted to congratulate you on using the best D.A.W. ever made: Logic Pro

I have been trying to upload one of my tracks, but I keep getting an error. When I tried the boring uploader, I got this error:

[{"name":"Dinky's Lullaby Lossless.aif","size":74209080,"error":"The master file does not contain audio in a valid format."}]

Can you please try uploading the original AIFF file again now? It looks like the site was missing support for a specific type of 24-bit audio, which I just added in. No other uploads have been rejected since open beta began, so this one should have been you.

(edited)

A bit off topic but i just wanted to congratulate you on using the best D.A.W. ever made: Logic Pro

eheh.

Logic is great, but I do have a major quirk with it: It's made by Apple.

Recently, I have been starting to like Apple less and less lately.

Now to get back on topic.

I just got this error from the site:

[{"name":"Dinky's Lullaby Lossless.aif","size":74209080,"error":"The master file has an invalid sample rate."}]

Well, it looks like its the sample rate. I am going to bouce the song again at a different rate and see what happens.

Edit: Alright, it worked. The song is finally up.

Edited by JasperSynth

eheh.

Logic is great, but I do have a major quirk with it: It's made by Apple.

Recently, I have been starting to like Apple less and less lately.

Now to get back on topic.

I just got this error from the site:

[{"name":"Dinky's Lullaby Lossless.aif","size":74209080,"error":"The master file has an invalid sample rate."}]

Well, it looks like its the sample rate. I am going to bouce the song again at a different rate and see what happens.

It looks like your original file was in 64 KHz, which isn't a particularly common sampling rate. While it could easily be whitelisted, I'm not so sure every player out there will handle a non-standard rate very gracefully. Does your DAW let you set the sample rate of your rendering? If it does, try the highest of the following that it supports:

• 44.1 KHz
  • 48 KHz
  • 88.2 KHz
  • 96 KHz
  • 176.4 KHz
  • 192 KHz.

These are the standard sampling rates that digital audio tends to come in, and are the ones that Pony.fm allows. Try to avoid resampling a file that has already been rendered (I assume that's what you meant by bouncing it?).

• Brohoof 1

It looks like your original file was in 64 KHz, which isn't a particularly common sampling rate. While it could easily be whitelisted, I'm not so sure every player out there will handle a non-standard rate very gracefully. Does your DAW let you set the sample rate of your rendering? If it does, try the highest of the following that it supports:

• 44.1 KHz
  • 48 KHz
  • 88.2 KHz
  • 96 KHz
  • 176.4 KHz
  • 192 KHz.

These are the standard sampling rates that digital audio tends to come in, and are the ones that Pony.fm allows. Try to avoid resampling a file that has already been rendered (I assume that's what you meant by bouncing it?).

If I recall correctly, I rebounced it at 96 KHz. The other two highest rates were too large.

The song is finally up now. Thanks for the help.